main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Now What? (Xanatos/Obi-Wan vig)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeSolo, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Now What? (I'm too lazy to think up a better title)

Summary: Xan has a nice little chat with Obi-Wan on Telos.
    Timeframe: JA AU - just after #8
    Characters: Xan & Obi & Qui-Gone Dead :D
    Genre: Oh, whatever
    Rating: G for Gah
    Disclaimer: George, if you can spend $350 million on a new HQ for your companies, then surely you don't need to sue me for using your universe. Xan = Dave Wolverton's.

Author's Note: This has been sitting on my computer since last summer, I think. Now I can't remember what I had originally intended to do with it. Nothing new or special in it, but I don't know, I thought it was kinda funny, in a way. And no point in letting it gather dust in My Documents. :p

It cannot be true. Simply cannot be happening.

Obi-Wan Kenobi stares at the long crate that holds the remains of his life and struggles not to cry. He is thirteen, practically a young man, and certainly old enough to have responsibilities. He must behave in a proper way.

But the crate contains the body of one Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master, and thus Obi-Wan?s heart is crushed. What makes the wound fester even more is that his beloved master did not even die nobly, lightsaber flashing and trailing green streaks through the air. No, Qui-Gon met his end in an utterly unspectacular way, shot in the back by Telosian rebels. His death is painful to the boy, irksome to another.

Xanatos deCrion is rather miffed that he himself was not the courier of Qui-Gon?s demise, but he is rather pleased that his people are so like him that they recognise Jedi as the enemy.

Now, what to do with the boy? Xanatos does not care much what happens to him, but he is never one to discard an opportunity.

?How anti-climactic,? he drawls, his accent thick and lulling. When Obi-Wan does not respond, he continues, ?A body in a box, that is all he is anymore. What will happen to the Jedi, now that their bright star has gone nova and dwarfed? Such a pity.?

He saunters up to the crate but does not touch it. His smile is curious, ponderous, as though perhaps Obi-Wan knows the answers to the great irony of Qui-Gon?s death.

?Who will be your new master, I wonder. Someone strict like Qui-Gon. He wasn?t that way with me. Always the rebel, he was. He let me do what I wanted.? With a feral grin, Xanatos continues, ?But after his dismal failure with me, as I?m sure he always called it, he was probably much harsher with you, yes? Each little mistake, every little falter, and he starts a lecture.?

Obi-Wan holds his tears back. True, all of it, but Qui-Gon was also a kind man who showed his affection in different ways.

?I was his pride and joy. He said that from the moment I became his padawan. Never to me, of course. But he said it to everyone else.?

The taller man reaches out and caresses the box. Though his touch appears to be a fond gesture, the malice in his eyes makes Obi-Wan think he is somehow contaminating the contents.

?A fascinating man, really. Full of contradictions and hypocrisies.? Keeping his hand on the crate, he turns his dark blue gaze on Obi-Wan. ?I almost forgot. What was I thinking, talking about a new master for you? You?re no longer a Jedi. You quit.? Rapping his knuckles on the box, he adds, ?And over such a silly matter, too.?

A silent flood erupts from the boy?s eyes. He has nothing to say, no rebuttal to offer. Xanatos is right. He is no longer a Jedi. And Qui-Gon can no longer defend him in front of the Council.

?So, my young friend,? Xanatos says rather amiably, ?you must be hungry and tired. It?s been a long day, after all.?

He steps away and heads for the speeder that will take him back to his palatial estate. Sensing that no one is following him, he calls back to Obi-Wan.

?You can either stand there and watch that box until the Jedi come to collect it, or you can come with me.?

?No,? Obi-Wan whispers hoarsely. He will go nowhere near that shroud of darkness.

?No?? Xanatos laughs. ?You have nowhere

2. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, that is a problem. Qui-Gon dies before he can get back to defend Obi-Wan. I'm sure Xanatos is a little disappointed that he wasn't the one to do his old master in, but oh well.

Now I can't remember what I had originally intended to do with it.

hmmm, maybe you meant explore it a little more. ;)

3. WhosScruffyLooking

WhosScruffyLooking Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2004
    Loved it! I really, really hope that there will be more!

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great! Thanks for 'digging' it up and sharing! ;) Got any other ones collecting dust? [face_mischief]

Poor Obi :(

5. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Very enjoyable. What else ya got hanging around in My Documents? :D Do share, please.

--shan

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh no, Qui-Gon dead? I'm sure you had a heck of a time writing that part, Jade. Are you heartbroken? :p

That was so creepy. I loved the mood you set with Xanatos' casual, cold language, and Obi-Wan's hopelessness.

Thanks for posting it. ;)

7. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Ack! Fascinating but sad. That would be a very interesting AU. Xanatos is very insightful, but cruel with it. Poor Obi. I'd hope someone would rescue him, and that he would hold to that stubbornness. But you never know. Obi at that point had suffered far too many shocks for a young boy. It might be enough to break him.

Very well-written.

8. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    You know, that was the first fic I read in which I didn't like Xanatos. He's evil in many, but in this one he was really extremely unlikeable. You are aware of the fact that it's quite an accomplishment to make me not liking Xan. :p
    Good fic and I would also like to know what happens to the two of them. So, will you write it? Please? :)

9. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Ooooh! Truly evil Xani! I love it! :D Any story that makes me want to hug poor Obi-Wan within an inch of his life is good, but if it makes me want to give Xan a good kick in the pants that makes me like it even more! He's thoroughly dislikeable and cold and cutting: not a mustache twirling patent villain (not that he had one), and I like how you've brought his clinical attitude to the fore. Well done! :)

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Um, Jade? This can't be a vignette. You're missing an ending. Has to be more to this. I'm beginning to worry. I'm starting to enjoy evil Xan more and more! :D Poor Obi though. Kid just can't get a break can he? :_|

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ummm...more?

12. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I wouldn't mind more Jade [face_batting] Poor little Obi-Wan, caught in Xan's clutches [face_devil]

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh, you write a truly vile Xanatos. ?You have my word by my father. And don?t pretend you don?t know about him.? Fascinating that Xan would think that could elicit any trust... word over another corrupt and evil man.

Very nice SadeSolo.

14. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Where's the rest of it? You can't leave us hanging. :)

Also, aren't you going to add to the vig you posted where Xan was Obi's master and they had attended a seminar at the Temple where Xan was thoroughly bored and causing mischief? [face_praying]

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great viggie. I love Xan, especially when he's being evil. :)

There has to be more though, right? This can't be the end.

16. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Wow! I didn't expect this kind of response to some dusty little vig I'd forgotten about. Thank you all so much! I guess this will teach me not to agonize over what I do manage to post. :p

Noi: Qui-Gon dies before he can get back to defend Obi-Wan. - Sucks for Obi-Wan, doesn't it? [face_devil]

WhosScruffyLooking: I really, really hope that there will be more! - Me too, if I can remember. :p And may I say, I love your name. :D It's what my phone says everytime I turn it on.

Kynstar: Thanks for 'digging' it up and sharing! - Well, if I'd known it was going to get this kind of response, I would've posted it sooner. :p

shan: What else ya got hanging around in My Documents? - Hmmm, let's see...notes for a Mary Sue-ish fic that would need some serious revamping, and *GASP!* a J/J vig! :eek:

LE: I'm sure you had a heck of a time writing that part, Jade. Are you heartbroken? - Nope! [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

maychorian: It might be enough to break him. - And in my wee head, that's what happens... [face_mischief]

Indra: You are aware of the fact that it's quite an accomplishment to make me not liking Xan. - :eek: [face_blush] I'm sorry. 8-}

Jemmiah: He's thoroughly dislikeable and cold and cutting: not a mustache twirling patent villain (not that he had one) - [face_laugh] Well, no one ever said he didn't have a mustache like that. Though I'd probably really dislike him if he did. :p

OE: I'm beginning to worry. I'm starting to enjoy evil Xan more and more! - You're just appreciating his true bad side. [face_batting]

PK: ummm...more? - If I can figure out what to do with it. [face_worried]

TS: Poor little Obi-Wan, caught in Xan's clutches - Oh, I don't know. On some boards, that's the start of a great story. [face_batting]

Leona: Fascinating that Xan would think that could elicit any trust... word over another corrupt and evil man. - Now that you mention it, I can't remember why I used his father. [face_blush] Uhhh, something about the way Xan felt so passionately about Qui-Gon killing his father? :p

Bekah: Also, aren't you going to add to the vig you posted where Xan was Obi's master - The rest of that was inspired by watching "Usual Suspects." So maybe if I watch it again, I'll start adding to it. 8-}

JMJ: I love Xan, especially when he's being evil. - Oh, me too. :*

I suppose I could leave you all hanging, force you to use your imaginations. But maybe I'll pilfer some of OE's gingko, so I can remember what the rest of this story was. [face_laugh] Thanks everyone for reading!

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *mouth drops open* WOW, that is fab! Poor Qui though *bawls* and poor Obi! *bawls some more*

I would love to see another part to this!! that is just evil!!

18. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~blinks~

What happened? Is that it? Will there be more?

At any rate, it was wonderful! I certainly hope that there will be more at some point.

Seven

19. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    aw, that was really sad. :(

Qui-Gon not going out like a hero..Obi-Wan quitting the Order..Xanatos still alive and malicious as ever..

but I did enjoy reading this!

seems like Xanatos wanted to train him [face_worried]

and I like the title, it is very appropriate, really. :) ;)

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    How did I miss this the first time????

I loved it! =D=

21. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Whoa! What a twist to the canon universe! :eek: Qui-Gon dead, Obi-Wan no longer a Jedi. And in Xanatos' clutches (much possibility there! [face_mischief]) What will happen to canon as we know it? How will Anakin and Padme meet? How will the Jedi be destroyed? Please Sir, I want some more!

22. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Holy crap, this is a relic. [face_laugh]

Arwen: Thank you! No poor Xan? After all, he's taking on the burden of helping out Obi-Wan. :p

Seven: I'll leave the "more" to your evil imagination. [face_mischief]

JOINME: [face_laugh] Glad you liked the title. And I figure Xan doesn't necessarily want to train him, just sort of sees him as a charity case. Something to make him look good. :D

Voracious: Insert some dirty description of your activities...here. [face_batting]

forever_jedi: Let's see...canon becomes slightly twisted, Anakin and Padme meet on a smuggler's ship, Xan is destroyed when Anakin mistakes him for a Jedi as he's joykilling through the Temple. How's that work for you? [face_whistling]

23. Qui-GonJinn1

Qui-GonJinn1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2005
    Awwww, poor Obi-Wan! I feel so sorry for him!:_|
    GREAT STORY!

24. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, Xan is very unlikable. What does he want with Obi Wan...what is he up to now?
    Run, Obi, don't follow him!

More, more!!

25. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I agree with Obi-Wan: "It cannot be true. Simply cannot be happening."

[face_thinking] Hmmmmm... [face_idea]

*waves hand* You will remember where the rest of it is located, and post soon! ;)

Please! [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.