main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nowhere Else to Go (short JA story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Firedrake88, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firedrake88

Firedrake88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi everyone! I'm back with another short JA story, I hope you guys enjoy it! I'll post the first half today and the second half later!

Title: Nowhere Else to Go
    Author: Erika
    Rating: PG13
    Summary: Qui-Gon tries to help Obi-Wan come to terms with the horror of a terrible event.
    Time Frame: Obi-Wan is 15
    Spoilers: I don't think so
    Category: AU, Angst, H/C, *NON*- SLASH, POV
    Disclaimers: The Star Wars universe and all of its characters belong to George Lucas, I'm only borrowing them to have a little fun and I promise to return them unharmed (well, at least mostly unharmed). I'm making no money off of this and this is written for entertainment pur-poses only. Any characters that are not recognizable as being part of the SW universe belong to me, but you guys probably figured that out, right?

Author's Note: So there I was, at ll:36P.M., reading 'A Sixth Bowl of Chicken Soup for the Soul', when I got bitten by a plot bunny and bitten HARD. So hard that I had to start writing this on the spot! I wrote some of it last night and finished it off this morning! I decided to post this now 'cause I'm in the middle of another SW FIC that I really want to finish soon and I don't want to spend too much time away from it.

Things enclosed in *'s are *italic*

Nowhere Else to Go

Obi-Wan:

Beep. Beep. Beep. My comlink sounded loudly in the silent night, rudely bringing me from my peaceful slumbers. I opened my sleep heavy eyes. My vision was blurry and sleep weighed heavily on my mind but through the hazy darkness I saw that it was three in the morn-ing. Who would me calling me at three in the morning?
    Suppressing the urge to roll over and go back to sleep I climbed out of bed and stum-bled to my desk. I picked up the comlink and fumbled with the controls until I finally managed to turn it on.
    "Obi-Wan Kenobi here," I grumbled in a hoarse, sleepy voice.
    "Good morning Obi-Wan, I'm sorry to bother you at such an early hour but someone's here to see you," Corelio, a Temple guard and friend, sang happily through my comlink.
    Corelio's obvious humor did nothing to ease my annoyance. "Who would be here to see me at three in the morning?" I asked wearily.
    "Oh come on, Obi-Wan, I'm sure it's a decent hour of the morning *somewhere* on *some* planet in the galaxy! Look at the bright side! A Jedi has to be ready at all hours of the day and night; consider this part of your training. My specialty, free of charge. I mean, Qui-Gon doesn't wake you up at three in the morning, does he? If someone doesn't disturb your sleep every once in a while then how are you going to learn to be ready for anything that the Force might throw your way?"
    I rolled my eyes as a small smile played at my lips, "As much as I appreciate your con-cern for my Jedi training, I *am* rather tired so if you would be so kind as to tell me *who* is here to see me, I would be very grateful."
    "Of course, of course!" Corelio assured me merrily, "how stupid of me to neglect that very important factor in our early-morning conversation. Well, she won't tell me her name but she's about your age, maybe a little older, and has long jet-black hair. She says she's a friend of yours and that it's very urgent. It looks like she's been crying. She's outside the Temple gates, waiting to be let in. Does she sound familiar or is it just another one of your many fe-male admirers that can't get enough of you?"
    I sighed lightly. Corelio would never change. It took a moment for my sleep deprived mind to fit the description my friend had given me to my friend, Adelia, but as soon as it did, all thoughts of sleep and annoyance fled.
    Adelia and I had been good friends since my fifth birthday when I had met her during a Temple outing. She was a very shy but extremely friendly girl whose dream was to become a successful artist. She loved to draw and was very talented. Since I loved to write stories and she was very artistic we immediately felt connected to each other through our creativity. I would write

2. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Look at this!!! One post and you already have me hooked. :) :) Post soon!

Great writing! I just want to grab Obi and comfort him.

Keep it up!

3. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    <<gasp>> Qui-Gon! Quick! Our boy needs you!

JediCandy

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    *Wipes a tear away*

Tha was well wriiten but still incredibly sad.
    There is NOTHING more tragic than when a young person takes there own life just because of one ill comment, in this case a drunken father.
    I am hooked and eagerly awaiting the next post.

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oh, wow! Poor Obi! Poor everyone!!!!! Sheesh! It's only the first post and we have teens killing themselves and everything (I'm not complaining! ;))

This is a great story so far and I can't wait to read more!

6. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    OH WOW!!! This is really good, but so sad :_| beautifully written!

7. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for the FB, I'm glad that you guys like it so far. I hope that you guys noticed that it is a *short* story. I'll post the last part tomorrow, but it's only a few more pages. Sorry if you guys were expecting a whole bunch more.

Now, some responces to your FB:

I smiled when I read your FB, BLADE KENOBI, because someone *does* grab Obi and comfort him in the next post. :)

I completely agree with you Cow Girl, suicide is one of the most tragic things in our world today. I can't imagine life seeming so hopeless that I'd feel like the only thing I could do to end the pain was end my own life. It's so sad to think about. That's why we all have to be there for each other to stop things like this from happening. To KenobisGirl, sorry but there's only one more post. Unless you want me to write a sequel or something :) I'd like to write one but I'm working on a much longer SW story with Obi-torture and Qui-angst gallore that is kinda taking up all my time! I'm glad you're enjoying it everyone!

Thanks for the FB and I'll post the end tomorrow.

8. BLADE_KENOBI

Jul 25, 2001
    Just upping this! :cool:

Hey it's tomorrow! You can post the rest now :D

9. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Um?I don't mean to be completely naïve but?I haven't been here very long and I was wonder-ing?what does 'up' mean?????? I feel stupid asking, but everywhere I go I see these posts with 'UP!' and I have no clue what it stands for. [face_blush] Help! Please!

BTW, sorry about the weird formating of my first post, this one's a lot easier to read. I guess I should have paid more attention when I first posted. Sorry!

Well, anyway, here's the end of my story, hope you like it!

Mush alert!

Qui-Gon:

I let out a small sigh of frustration as I left the training rooms and began to slowly wander back to my quarters. I had looked for Obi-Wan everywhere. He wasn't in any of the meditation gardens, training rooms, and none of his friends were at the Temple. Mace Windu had been the last person to see the boy when he had rushed into his quarters and breathlessly told him that Adelia had committed suicide.

Obi-Wan had been in the second training room when he had realized that Adelia had left him a note in his tunic. According to Siri the boy's face had gone deathly pale and he had sprinted out of the room so fast that he nearly ran over one of the younger initiates. Upon reaching his quarters he had found Adelia dead with a knife through her heart. The girl had killed herself. After telling Mace Windu of the incident, Obi-Wan had disappeared. I had been with Yoda when the incident occurred and by the time I reached the boy's room, he had already left. I couldn't find him anywhere.

I knew that the boy was in distress. I could feel the waves of sadness hitting me through our bond but Obi-Wan had his shields up so tight that I couldn't tell where he was. Adelia and Obi-Wan had been very good friends I knew her death, especially considering the fact that the girl had taken her own life, would hit him very hard. My heart went out to the boy. Not only was this the second year anniversary of Cerasi's death, but the girl had killed herself on his bed and he had been the one to find her. Even though my Padawan had accepted Cerasi's death he always became slightly depressed and unenergetic around the time of her death. Because of that I knew that he would take the loss of Adelia very badly.

I wanted to be there to comfort the boy. I wanted to hold him in my arms and tell him that everything was all right. I wanted to be there for him. Unfortunately I couldn't even *find* him. The boy was grieving and I knew he shouldn't be alone at a time like this. Even if the only comfort I could give was that of my presence, I would give him any and every comfort I could.

Even at my slow pace I reached my quarters all too quickly. I had hoped to somehow run into my Padawan on the way to my room but it seemed fate had other plans. I wanted to keep on looking for the boy but I had already been searching for almost three hours. Obi-Wan couldn't stay in his own room, for several Jedi Masters were running the usual investigations involved with any death that occurred within the Temple, and would eventually have to return to my quarters. I would wait for him there.

I wearily keyed open the door to my room and stepped into the darkness that lay within. As soon as the door slid shut behind me I felt a wave of utter misery hit me though my bond with Obi-Wan and I heard the muffled sobs.

The irony of finding Obi-Wan in my own quarters when I had just spent the last three hours looking for him was not lost to me but at the moment I was more relieved and concerned than amused. I could sense my Padawan's presence in the room and now that I was so close to him I could clearly and powerfully feel his emotions through the Force. Grief was battling guilt and denial in my young Padawan's mind making the boy a trembling ball of misery.

Not wanting to startle the boy I decided to alert him to my presence before turning on the light. He obviously didn't know I was here. "Obi-Wan?" I asked softly, sending the despairing boy waves of comfort through our bond.

A chocked gasp escaped my Padawan's throat a

10. BLADE_KENOBI

Jul 25, 2001
    YES! YES! YES! Definitely a sequel.

Great story Firedrake88! :)

I enjoyed it!

Blade :cool:

11. Red_Forever

Red_Forever Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    Yes! Write a sequel!! I need more!! Wonderful writing!!

12. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    A sequel pweeeeeeeeeeeease?????? I think Qui would act like that Firedrake... You did very well with him. He was battling with his Jedi status and his desire to huggle Obi... ::Sniff:: :_| Awwwwwww! You did so well...

13. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    No, you did a good job portraying Qui-Gon, it was evident through all the conflict he went through in deciding whether or not to hold Obi-Wan while he was crying.

That was a very touching story, it definitely brought tears to my eyes!!

14. Firedrake88

Jul 25, 2001
    Thanks guys!

I appreciate your FB and I'm glad the story touched you guys. For those of you who want a sequel I'm afraid you might have to wait a while 'cause I'm in the middle of working on a much, much, much, longer story that I hope to finish soon. I'm going to start posting another, unrelated story, soon, though. It takes place right after JA8, I hope you guys will read it!

15. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    What is this excellent story doing on page 10?? Up!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.