main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Nowhere / Now here (RS, Sad, etc.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GrandAdmiralKyrrona, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    My turn to be warped... Remind me for future references... NEVER WATCH SIXTH SENSE SO CLOSE TO HALLOWEEN! Hee hee...
    I came up with this idea while munching on some half-melted Colby-jack cheese, and while watching all three of the great M. Knight Shamalyan movies (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs) in Alphabetical order. So... is kinda creepy, is kinda funny, is very sad, is mostly morbid... Also remind me: Never watch the movie "Osmosis Jones" after 1 a.m, while eating a peperonni pizza, w/ anchovies. And now (cue scary music) brought to you by: The Lucky Waterbottle, and the Intendo Gamesquare control-stick...

Title: Nowhere / Now here
    By: GrandAdmiralKyrrona
    Rating: PG (For some Sci-Fi violence, disturbing scenes, and references to the prospect of spending eternity in the after-life presence of Wes Janson.
    Summary: Some books are better left on the shelf...
    Moral of the Story: Never, ever let me get my hands on a plot-bunny anywhere near any type of holiday. Ask my Jehova's Witness Friend, who never celebrates holidays, and for a good reason. Oops... am I getting sidetracked?

=====Julè=====
    The old Hangar had been closed off, for years.
    Everyone had forbade me to ever come here, and at first, I never understood why.
    When I got older, I'd had my theories, but none of them were even close to the truth.
    I'd sliced past the codes, and everything, but the door was so rusty, it only budged an inch, and I resorted to the lightsaber that I'd made just barely three months ago. I'd get in trouble with Security, I know, but it drives me batty, just thinking about this huge base, actively going on with life, while this hangar stays dead quiet, and undisturbed, for no logical reason.
    I'm seventeen, and have been incorrigably curious my whole life.
    I look a lot like Grandma Mara, and everyone says I have her personality too. As much as I love Mom and Dad, I have to admit that my closest bond is with Grandma, and Grandpa Luke.
    I stepped through the small hole that I'd burned into the door, and immediately started shivering.
    The hangar, unlike the rest of the base, was freezing cold. Lined up in two, neat rows, were twelve, old Incom Fighters that I recognized as X-Wings.
    X-Wings had been classified as "obsolete" five years after I was born. I don't know why, they're still good in a fight.
    The fighters, despite being enshrouded in cobwebs, and dust, looked remarkably prestine. Their artoo units were in their sockets, as if ready for take off.
    My footprints were clearly visible in the thick layers of dust, and, other than the cobwebs, everything was undisturbed. Not even the scurrying of rats could be heard, which is unusual. Although, sometimes -sometimes- I thought I could see movement out of the corner of my eye, and hear things, just beyond my full consciousness, but I shrugged it off as imagination.
    I touched the nose of one fighter, and, to my surprise, it was warm, almost hot.
    Smoke was wafting from the laser-cannons, as if they'd been recently worked.
    The cockpit canopy hissed open, and a pilot climbed out.
    We stared at eachother for a minute, then he climbed down. "Who are you?" he asked, his tone politely curious.
    "My name's Julè," I answered, still staring at him.
    I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something odd about him.

=====Wedge=====
    I studied the girl, Julè. For some reason, something about her reminded me of Luke. Maybe her eyes, they're the same color.
    She whispered something, but I couldn't hear her, over the active buzz in the hangar, and the noise of the x-wings setting down.
    "What did you say?" I asked.
    She frowned, and repeated, a little bit louder, "How did you get in here?"
    "I flew in, through the hangar bay doors," I answered, a bit puzzled.
    I waved at the doors, which were now slowly shutting. Julè's frown deepened, but she didn't say anything.
    I smacked my forehead, "Sithspit, where are my manners! I'm Wedge," I said grinning.
    I reached out to shake her hand.

=====Julè=====
    He touched my hand, and I gasped.
    His hand was as cold as ice, but s

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    hehe... good ghost story.... she sees dead peoples.... hehe

3. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    That was only half of it. Tomorrow, I'll post the rest.

4. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    That was only half of it. Tomorrow, I'll post the rest.

You'd better!!!! :)

5. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Its tommorow. You owe us a post. Or *********** (Sorry, but I'm gona use the plot bunny I was gona give you.)

6. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    Argh! BAD COMPUTER!!!!!
    :) Here's the rest of it.
    ==========

=====Julè=====
    I kept returning, begging no one in particular to let me hear those voices again, to see those shadows whisper across the tiled floor.
    Days turned to weeks, and finally, weeks turned to months.
    For a standard year, I kept going to the hangar, hoping to see them.
    Often, I'd leave little notes, and to my encouragement, they were always gone the next day. Sometimes, something would replace them.
    One day, it was a rank insignia. Another time, an old flight helmet was waiting for me, with delta-shaped wedges decorating it.
    One time, there was a piece of flimsy in place of my note.
    It had one word on it: Nowhere.
    Sometimes when I came, the hangar was freezing again, but no one would be there.
    Exactly one year later, to the day, I visited the hangar once more.
    The hangar was so cold, I could see my breath, rising in little misty puffs.
    I hadn't brought a letter today. Instead, I slipped a bracelet off of my wrist, and set it on the nose of the fighter where everything was left waiting. It was sort of our mutually agreed mail box, I guess.
    I touched the hull of the fighter, and noticed that the rust spots were gone.
    I felt a cold touch on my shoulder, and I turned to see Wedge standing behind me.
    I smiled, "I missed you."
    He smiled back, and answered, "We've been here all along, Julè. You just couldn't see us."
    Once again, I couldn't shake the odd feeling.
    "Why couldn't I see you?"
    "It was not our choice."
    I frowned, then glanced down at the floor.
    And saw what was wrong.
    My shadow was distinctly flung acros the floor by light coming in from windows high in the ceiling.
    The man in front of me cast no shadow.
    Realization must've shown on my face, because he smiled, sadly, and nodded, "Yes, Julè."
    I might have screamed, but for some reason, I didn't. Couldn't, maybe.
    I shook my head, and began to walk away from him, speaking, partially to him, mostly to myself.
    "No... it's not true. I'm getting obsessed, imagining things. None of this is real, it's all in my mind. I don't believe it. I'm never going to come here ag--"
    I stopped.
    The temperature in the hangar dropped at least another ten degrees.
    For what seemed like an eternity, my gaze was fixed on the word that had been scratched on the wall near the door.
    Nowhere.
    Finally, I turned, slowly, and looked at him.
    He looked at me with such sadness. I was unable to block my mind from it with the Force, and strangely, I didn't want to.
    He spoke with a voice that threatened to break my heart.
    "We've been alone so long, Julè..."
    I stared at him, starting to believe,
    "You're real..."
    He continued on, "They closed off the hangar because we were frightening the only people who could see us, but we never meant them any harm. We just wanted to talk to someone."
    I took a few, slow steps towards him, "You were here, the whole time, but I couldn't see you. Only one day a year... the day you all died."
    He nodded, "Twenty one years ago, now. Not many people can see us. We haven't been able to find any connections with the people who can, either. You're the first Skywalker to ever see us, although your Grandfather knows about us."
    Tycho, Hobbie and Janson came up, although, whether they stepped from the shadows, or just appeared, I couldn't tell.
    Wedge took my hand, "Don't leave us alone, Julè. Please..."
    Hobbie nodded, "Yeah... don't make us spend eternity with no one to talk to but Janson."
    Janson feigned a hurt expression, "My feelings are shattered, Bugbite."
    Tycho wacked both of them, "Knock it off, you two."
    Suddenly, I remembered, "Wait a sec... last time I saw you, you acted as if the hangar was still in use, like everything was still active. Why?"
    Wedge shrugged, "Because to us, it is. Sometimes we forget that you can't see or hear what we can. At least, not as clearly. I'm sure if you listen hard enough, you might be able to hear those x-wings taking off."
    He motion to a group of x-wings, that remained silent.
    Well, maybe not silent. When I lis

7. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    No one wants to answer? Hmm? Delurk, I command you! Tell me what you think!

8. Tilly

Tilly Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2003
    Oooh, you finished it!! Sorry to have taken so darn long to reply -- Halloween clean-up and all that. *looks sheepish, presents gift-wrapped Rogue Squadron as peace offering*

This was awesome! Totally, thoroughly awesome! The title (and the fact that it was about RS, of course) caught my eye. I love playing around with words, and I'd never thought of the nowhere/now here connection before, but it makes the whole story absolutely perfect!

Need I repeat that I loved this? :D Everyone must read this fic!!

9. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

Sep 9, 2003
    Thank you!!! I'm glad you liked it! It was the first Ghost Story I've ever done... so I'm a lil' rusty on it, hee hee...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.