main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noxious Misunderstandings: (Obi/Qui) Post 52 [01.12.03] (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think that this is the first or second story of yours that I have read, so I don;t know anything about previous stories. But I have no complaints about the writing on the current one.

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, I'm back (though I probably won't be alive until after six o' clock tomorrow evening).

Anyway

Suzuran : You're confused? What are you confused about? There's nothing confusing about that post. [face_plain] 8-} Don't worry about my writing style. I think I got it all figured out. :)

Wild_Huntress : Thanks both times. :D

Cascadia : Yeah, Maul's there, all right. And there is an ugly scene coming up (no, I don't mean literally "ugly"; I'm talking about the metaphorically ugly). Thanks.

Padawankitara : Okey-dokey. That's fine.

Hmm ... I'm on page 14? When did that happen? 8-}

No, I actually don't have a post now. I have to study for my China history test, but I got so heated up, I just needed to take a break. I'll post more after I finish writing my test, which is going to be tomorrow after six o' clock. ;)

Aunecah

3. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Good luck with your test. Just don't post your story in chinese :D

Can't wait to see what will happen between Obi-Wan and Maul.

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Thanks Nifet . Anyway, I'll be updating fairly soon.

Aunecah

5. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    How about REALLY soon? Really soon is good.

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm trying, I'm trying, but I seem to have hit the dreaded Writer's Block on this story. I'll get something up soon. Promise.

Aunecah

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, here it is!

Obi-Wan immediately stood and made it for the exit nearest to him. The exit just so happened to be the farthest away from the Sith. There were numerous exits and entrances in this bar, something that he was quite grateful for. Obi-Wan supposed he was even more grateful that the Sith chose to enter from the gate opposite the one that he had been sitting near.

He carefully didn?t look at Kala. Even though he didn?t think the Sith would miss her presence, he didn?t want to be the one to make the Sith focus on her. After all, Kala might, in deed, be the key to many things here.

As he had expected, the Sith followed him.

Obi-Wan stepped out into the sand-blown street, suddenly realizing how stupid his suppositions had been. When he had come to the bar, he had been expecting the Sith to come. After all, he came to know about the bar?s existence from the Sith?s mind.

Yet, Obi-Wan had been assuming that the Sith would not attack him in the bar, which was entirely false. He hadn?t met many Sith before now (thankfully), but if the Sith were anything like the Dark Jedi that he had fought before, they most certainly didn?t care for life.

Now that the Sith was actually not attacking, Obi-Wan wondered why he wasn?t. Then, he realized that the Sith might not want to actually announce to the entire galaxy that they were not extinct after all. Or maybe the Sith was still recovering from his wounds and didn?t think he should risk using the Darkside.

Obi-Wan didn?t know, and didn?t particularly care.

He had gotten well into a deserted street before he heard the snap-hiss of a lightsaber igniting. At least that was what he thought at the first. Then, his danger tingle screamed, so suddenly, Obi-Wan darted aside, just as something blue and white flashed past him.

The energy was erupting from the Sith?s fingertips, and even though Obi-Wan had never had someone attack him with this kind of energy, he knew what it was: Force-lightning. He had read about it, and learned from Master Yoda that it was very powerful and very destructive.

The energy flared back into darkness, and Obi-Wan and the Sith were left alone once again.

The Sith showed Obi-Wan his palm again, losing a solid burst of energy, but Obi-Wan, once again ducked. He whipped out his lightsaber, thumbing it on just as the Sith pointed his fingers at him again. But the attack never came.

The Sith jerked, as if somebody had shot him from the back. He fell face forward onto the ground, and Obi-Wan looked up from the Sith?s face and found himself staring at Kala?s. She had a blaster in her hand. Since Obi-Wan could still sense the darkness around the Sith, he assumed she had set it at stun. At least, he hoped that was what had happened.

?I didn?t think it would work.?

?I didn?t think so either,? Obi-Wan replied fervently. ?I still am surprised that he didn?t sense you stunning him.? He paused. ?My only guess is that he was too focused on me to realize that you were there until it was too late.?

He and Kala had dragged the Sith back to their ship, and tied him up to a chair. He had also put electro-binders around his hands and ankles, used a rope, and put energy-restraints every five centimeters. He further locked the room that he had tied the Sith in, and just to extra-careful, he injected a drug into the Sith?s system that would keep him asleep for at least five days.

If he had his say, Obi-Wan would have killed the Sith outright, lest should the Sith regain conscious and escape, but the Sith was probably more use to the Jedi and the galaxy alive than dead.

Now, all he had to do was take the Sith back to Qui-Gon, and his master would know what to do from then.

Obi-Wan frowned. He had been trying to call Qui-Gon, but the other didn?t pick any of the calls up; he didn?t even reply to the messages, and that made Obi-Wan think that perhaps Qui-Gon was in some sort of trouble.

With a Sith in the ship, he wasn?t too happy with that prospect.

?I?ll be right back. Pre

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan has things under control. [face_love]

But what is he doing now?

9. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yay, a post!

I'm surprised they managed to capture the Sith. And will they be able to get back to Qui though, without more complications? ?[face_plain]

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray for Kala! But when is Qui-Gon ever going to find his way out. You can't officially escape if you haven't left the building :D

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    HEY ALL GUESS WHOS BACK, ;) I'M FINALLY UNBANNED FROM WHAT MY BROTHER DID AND I'VE BEEN READING THIS STORY WHILE BEING BANNED AND IT'S FANTASIC KEEP IT UP!!!!

12. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Oct 11, 2002
    Yay! Up, please! You know, I don't trust Kala too much. Don't ask me why, I can't explain it, but I don't.

13. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Ooh exciting. Hmm a captured Sith in the ship? Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

14. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Now Obi-Wan has the Sith captured. But what if Qui-Gon doesn't escape by the time Obi-Wan comes from Tatooine?

I wonder what Dooku will do now that he knows Qui-Gon has escaped.

Nice post and please more soon ;)

15. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
  16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Oy! Replies.

Cascadia : Yep. Obi has things under control, at least for the moment. But what is he going to do now? Well, you have no idea what I have in store for him. 8-}

Suzuran : I was a little surprised too but Obi and Kala insisted they could. It mainly has to do with that Maul was too focused on Obi (not to mention his own leg) to have noticed Kala. By the time he did, it was a little too late.

As for your second question ... what do you think? [face_devil]

PadawanKitara : [face_devil]

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl : Hi. Welcome back. :)

Irulan : You don't trust Kala :confused: [face_devil]

obi-w_1138 : Why wouldn't you be? [face_devil]

Nifet : Yes, what happens? You'll know, don't worry.

Thanks for the up Cascadia .

Anyway, here's the next installment:

"Quick. Hide." Without waiting for any reply, Qui-Gon pulled Niag into a tiny closet and closed the door. The Jedi and the security guard waited in silence as footsteps neared the corridor outside the closet, lingered a moment, and then retreated.

The two waited for a couple more minutes before they came out of the closet again. The guards were gone, and the corridor was once again deserted.

"How long are we going to keep stuffing ourselves into that closet?" Niag moaned wearily as he collapsed onto the floor, his shoulders slumped.

"Until I figure out which way we should go," Qui-Gon answered shortly.

"You've been saying that for three days already!" Niag exploded. "If you didn't figure it out by now, you probably will never figure our way out!"

"Don't underestimate the power of the Force," Qui-Gon said, sighing. "I'll figure out which way is right. I just need sometime."

Footsteps approached again, and the Jedi and the guard stuffed themselves back into the closet. "They're so stupid. How come they haven't the sense to check in this closet?"

"I don't know. I've been wondering about that, too."

"Can't that Dooku person sense you and me or something?"

"I've been wondering about that one as well," Qui-Gon muttered. "But he isn't in this complex."

"I wonder what's going on outside."

"I do, too."

Then, the footsteps were too near for any conversation to continue.

In the same room in which the negotiations had taken place, the two tribes now sat. Not arguing, but rather discussing, under the directions of Dooku.

"The government that has been set up is weak and powerless to stop if we were to take over," the M'Ksha chief was saying.

Support and dissent was voiced from the rest present.

Dooku smiled thinly.

There were always going to be someone who didn't want to take a risk, but there weren't that many. They were weak-minded fools, even more so than the Jedi, and were too scared to actually voice their opinion with too much conviction.

Even if they did, he was going to make sure that they would be eliminated.

If he could kill the A'Ksha chief on the supposition that the chief would go against his plans, then he would have no trouble killing anyone else who went against him.

This was going as planned.

Obi-Wan sat in a chair opposite of the Sith, his gaze fixed on the red-skinned monstrosity. He didn't trust all the precautions that he had taken to keep the Sith in, and, after rolling and grumbling in his bed for half the night, had decided that he might as well arrest himself into the quarter that he had tied the Sith up in. He had been surprised when he had gone in and seen the Sith was still there, cold and still. Maybe he had been expecting to find the room empty.

It wasn't until a couple of hours later that the Sith stirred. Obi-Wan had nearly slipped into an uncomfortable sleep when a sudden disturbance in the Force pulled up his alert system up to its maximum. Obi-Wan opened his eyes to find the Sith staring back at him through scarlet eyes. He slid back into his chair unconsciously, his hand dropping to his lightsaber. He grasped the cool,

17. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Qui-Gon's been lost for three days?!? [face_shocked]

Well, I guess Obi-Wan will soon find out that Dooku is definitely not on his side. Or perhaps I assume too much.

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    "How long are we going to keep stuffing ourselves into that closet?" Niag moaned wearily as he collapsed onto the floor, his shoulders slumped.
    "Until I figure out which way we should go," Qui-Gon answered shortly.
    "You've been saying that for three days already!
    [face_laugh]

It looks like Maul has been in contact with his master...

19. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Hmm, most interesting that Siddy knew the exact location of Obi's return to real space. Is Maul doing the Sithy mind meld? How could he though, if he was unconscious?

Yeah, I'm confused again. :p

*grabs a marshmallow from the food table and waits for yet another meeting of the "Officially Confused Club* ;)

20. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Uh oh, Obi's in trouble (What a revelation really)

That was unexpected - those warships, I mean. Now I want to know how will Obi-Wan get out of this. Or will not ;)

Great post!

21. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Cascadia : basically. ;)
    PadawanKitara : Hmm?.
    Suzuran : *Stares at the response she gave to PK *
    Nifet : [face_devil] You?ll find out, won?t you?

Well, I?ve promised myself I wouldn?t start another story until I finished this one (and thankfully, this is coming to a close), but I?ve also promised myself that I would start the story later this week. Hopefully, I?ll be able to finish this story before the end of this week. (For anyone who wants to check it out, link?s in my signature ? it?s called Knights and Knightingales: Duality ? A Jedi?s Fate ? if the title is any interesting.)

Anyway, enough with my shameless plug. Here?s the story:

Obi-Wan knew that panicking and getting himself killed would do nobody any good, and, taking into consideration one of the passangers, would do everybody a lot of bad. He had to get out of this alive, if only to tell his master about the existence of the Sith in this galaxy. That was the only thing that stopped his mind from entering into a state of mental paralysis at the sight of the dozen warships.

Taking a deep breath, he let it out slowly, ?I can do this, I can do this??

?Unknown freight vessel,? a gruff, military-precise voice broke through the comm. unit. ?Prepare to surrender or die.?

??okay, no I can?t.? Switching the inter-comm on, he first shouted for Kala. If anybody could make this situation better, then it would be her. This was her planet, after all. Meanwhile, he opened the transmission to the warships, and said, ?Uh ? this is ? Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is there a problem??

?Yeah, there?s a problem,? said the voice in reply, sounding even more irritated. ?The Jedi have been branded traitors.?

?Uh-oh.? He pushed the comm. unit button down again, and asked, ?Why? I mean, it is your government that called us here?? Obi-Wan broke abruptly. He had had some gift in alien psychology and various political structures, and what changes would bring about what actions. If he hadn?t had that skill since he was born, then he had somehow developed it over the years. At any rate, he thought he knew what was going on. ?The government?s no longer the same, is it?? he asked knowingly. ?The A?ksha and the M?ksha have been planning to overtake the government the whole time, and they just implemented a coup d?état, didn?t they??

A pause. ?Look, son,? came back the officer?s voice again, ?you are unusually perceptive for someone your age, but obviously you lack wisdom. I haven?t the time to have a chit chat with you, so let?s make this plain and simple. Are you going to get willingly captured or blown out of the sky??

?Hang on, give me a second. I, uh, need to think.?

Obi-Wan turned to see Kala staring out the cockpit, an unreadable expression on her face.

?You heard??

?Yeah,? she answered softly.

?Know those ships out there?? he asked, nodding at the dozen warships hovering around in space.

?A little.?

?Is there anything I should know about that?s going to really, really take me by surprise?like cloaking shields or what-not??

Kala looked at him for a moment. ?You aren?t going to turn over to them, are you??

Obi-Wan turned around to face the cockpit. ?Not a chance.?

?He doesn?t get it,? Dooku said, shaking his head almost sadly. ?He?s going to make everything harder for himself and the rest of us. More so for him, than us, of course.?

?Yes, sir,? said the communication officer, probably because Dooku seemed to be expecting an answer, and nobody said anything against the fallen Jedi?not if they wanted to live.

?Very well, tell them they have my go-ahead to use anything and everything they?ve got to capture our little friend.?

?Yes, sir.?

?But tell them to make sure that they don?t blow him up,? he added vehemently, a dark streak entering his eyes.

The communication officer gulped. ?Yes, sir.?

?He?s here.? Qui-Gon?s eyes were unfocused, and were seeing at and through the wall before him.

?Who?s where??

22. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    So what's Qui-Gon doing now?

23. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Oct 11, 2002
    Pay no attention of me, I'm suspicious of everyone. I want to know what's going on! I must know! PLEASE! Ok, I'm not usually this desperate, but I have nothing to read, and no one is looking at MY story. I feel so unloved....

24. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Great post Aunecah! Loved the Qui/ what's his face interaction. ;) that math comment was great!

25. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Very interesting post, but still no answers.

More soon, please ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.