Noxious Misunderstandings: (Obi/Qui) Post 52 [01.12.03] (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wild_Huntress : I'm trying to be evil on purpose. Mwahahahahaha. [face_devil]

Jedi_Umm : [face_devil]

Jeni_the_Jedi_Girl : Thank you.

Aunecah
  2. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! So many posts in one day! You will spoil us. :D

You are building great tension here. Not only has Obi-Wan been kidnapped but now one of the ambassadors has been killed. Not only that, you have shown us that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon do not have a great relationship. Obi-Wan needs and wants more love and affection from Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon does actually care very much for Obi-Wan but does not show it outwardly.

More soon please! See how spoiled I have become already! [face_blush]
  3. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    3 posts!

Okay, they didn't answer the question of who has Obi, but it is turning mysterious. :)
  4. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek: I hope they don't blame Obi-Wan.

Oh . . . and a question. What does the title mean? :confused:

Lookin' forward to the next post. :D
  5. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sheila : I'm spoiling you, eh? :) Thanks.

Suzuran : The next post doesn't quite answer what's happened to Obi either, I'm afraid. [face_devil]

obaona : I hope they don't blame Obi-Wan. You just have to wait and see, don't you? [face_devil] As far as the title question goes, the denotation is 'Harmful Misunderstandings.' The connotation ... you'll just have to wait and see. [face_devil]

Well, I've finished writing the next post. I just have to give it a quick once-over, and it will be good to go.

Aunecah
  6. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here is the post I promised. ;)

. . . .

Qui-Gon quickly sped after the ambassador down the corridor and into the elevator. Once they were on their way to the Assembly Hall, Niag explained the death of the tribal Chief in more detail to Qui-Gon.

"The Chief went into the 'fresher and never came back. One of Ki Kara's aides got anxious and went in to check on him," Niag said hurriedly. "It is rumored that the Chief had had many death threats during the past few months, and that really got everyone paranoid. The Chief was found dead on the 'fresher's floor, apparently shot to death."

"Let me guess," Qui-Gon sighed. "The aide ran out of the 'fresher screaming that the M'Ksha have killed him."

The ambassador nodded, looking not at all surprised that Qui-Gon figured out what was going on. Qui-Gon, himself, had been in situations like these more times than he cared to count. Most of the times, it turned out that the claims made by the said party were all false. Sometimes, there had been cases when people orchestrated the death of their own leader simply to accuse their opponents of it.

All his past experience meant next to nothing in this situation. The Rivans were radically different from other people that Qui-Gon met in more than one way, and didn't lend themselves to a comparison with others. Qui-Gon found that whatever he thought to be the truth usually turned out to be false, and so he was trying really hard not to think anything until he knew more about the murder than he did now.

By the time Qui-Gon and Niag got to the 'fresher where the murder took place, the place was swarming with reporter-droids and other media personnel. Many of the A'Ksha tribal members were sitting dejectedly in the corner, talking to themselves in muted whispers about the death. Some of them were unabashedly crying, even though Qui-Gon suspected that they were simply putting on an act to rouse sympathy from the Riva's general population.

It took quite a number of precious minutes for Qui-Gon and Niag to get through the deluge of droids all crowded around the door, arguing with a tall man wearing the blue-white uniform of a security guard about photographing the crime scene. The guard was clearly vexed out of his mind. He kept repeatedly pointing at the exit, ordering the droids to get clear. Qui-Gon felt it was only a matter of time before the guard pulled out a blaster to give his words a little more power and emphasis.

Niag talked to the guard quickly, showing the other his ID, and the other moved aside to let the governmental official and the Jedi through. Qui-Gon's gaze immediately fell on the dead Chief lying sprawled on the gleaming floor, a look of fear mirroring off his glassy eyes. Apart from the still smoking wound on his stomach, he was untouched. It made Qui-Gon wonder if whoever had killed Ki Kara was a professional assassin.

Qui-Gon stood staring at the dead Chief for a long time, wondering at the timing of his death and the disappearance of his apprentice. Somehow, whoever had killed him had seen to it that Qui-Gon was occupied with Obi-Wan while they were doing it. Suddenly, the Jedi Master cursed Obi-Wan under his breath. If only Obi-Wan had obeyed him, acting like a Jedi apprentice instead of a delinquent teen, none of this would have happened.

~That kid is in it for a long session of lectures,~ Qui-Gon thought savagely, bending down to get a closer look at the Chief. The thought brought back recent memories about what he had been doing before Niag announced Ki Kara's death. The Master's mouth twisted in contempt.

~Obi-Wan probably decided that he would go have some fun on the streets and then ended up getting lost. That was so like him.~

Deciding that he would have felt it if Obi-Wan was in any immediate danger, the Jedi Master chose the end the search for his apprentice and concentrate instead on the emergency matter at hand.

~He is going to turn up sometime, forging on a face of innocent apprentice to convince his master. And he is going to get a nasty surprise.~
  7. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aw, darn it, why does Qui have to be mad? :(

Oh well. Good post.
  8. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi.

I want an Obi post.

Not that this wasn't great! ;) :D I think Qui will regret being angry . . . and we will have fantastic angst. ;)
  9. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    I love all of the updates, Aunecah. :)

I like what you're doing with this. Qui-Gon's feelings for Obi-Wan's disappearance are realistic and in character - Qui's not disappointed in Obi-Wan for no reason. And poor Obi-Wan's in a predicament, held by who knows. I can't wait for Qui to start worrying about Obi and realize that something's wrong.

This is really good! Post again soon!
  10. Jedi_Nifet Jedi Master

star 4
    How did I manage to miss this?! And now I'm playing catching up. What I read so far is great!

Sadly though I will not be able to read three posts a day :( *sigh* I wish I could.

This story is wonderful, Aunecah :)

Nifet
  11. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    I vote for an Obi post! Obi, NOW!!! Or I revolt.
  12. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Suzuran : He's just reacting to the 'situation at hand.'

obaona : An Obi post, huh? Well, you'll get one for sure today.

Cascadia : Thanks. In my last story, I was having a bit of a trouble with unrealistic angst, and you don't know how better I feel with your comment. :)

Nifet : Well, I'm only posting 3 posts per a day because I'm having holidays right now. Who knows if I will get post 3 per day when school starts again? :(

Master_Comedy_Kitty : New reader. I will be posting soon, and you're going to get an Obi post sometime today, I promise. :)

Aunecah
  13. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, my sister needed the computer until now, so I couldn't post until now. Anyway, here it is:

. . . .

"Leave us." Bowing rigidly, the blond-haired man, the two security guards, and the two men exited the room, leaving Obi-Wan alone with the man wearing brown robes. Obi-Wan stared at him, taking in the silky-white hair and beard of the old man. He pinched his wrist behind his back. It hurt a lot, ruling out any possibility of this being a nightmare.

"Master Dooku?" Obi-Wan whispered softly, even though a part of his mind still denied what he was seeing. This was ridiculous, impossible. What was a venerated Jedi Master doing with thugs? The real Master Dooku would never have to rely on "kidnapping," to meet Obi-Wan, if that was all he wanted. All he had to do was ask for Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon would have sent his apprentice right to him.

~This is a trick,~ Obi-Wan told himself quietly. ~A test, perhaps.~ Qui-Gon had given Obi-Wan all kinds of unorthodox tests to test his skills in the Force, including taming a wild rancor. He didn't have too much trouble imagining Qui-Gon faking on the appearance of his own mentor to see whether or not Obi-Wan could see through the counterfeit.

His eyes narrowed as he dwelled deep into the Force, reaching out for the man's presence. If it really was Qui-Gon, then Obi-Wan should be able to feel some kind of a blanket shrouding his real presence. While Qui-Gon might be able to fake Master Dooku's presence, he would never be able to completely eradicate his real presence. And if Obi-Wan could go deep enough, he might be able to see through the immense shields.

To his regret, he didn't feel anything suspicious or out-of-place no matter how deep he delved into the Force; Master Dooku's presence was clear as a crystal, with not a single discrepancy in it. Still convincing himself that this was Qui-Gon, not Master Dooku, Obi-Wan immersed himself further into the Force. ~If only he could see the subtle shift in his presence ... something that didn't belong....~

For a long moment there was utter silence. The other occupant of the room seemed content on letting Obi-Wan drift in and out of his own mulling. He slowly came around the chair, and began to casually pace the floor in front of the young Jedi, who finally spoke.

"This is impossible," Obi-Wan said faintly.

"Oh I can assure you that it is not," said Master Dooku, a small smile playing on his old face. A devilish light was twinkling in his eyes. Obi-Wan shivered slightly as he felt a deep chill settle in his bones. He had little doubt left that this was indeed not Qui-Gon, but in fact Master Dooku. However, Obi-Wan had never seen Master Dooku act like this, and he certainly didn't know what the Jedi Master was doing here.

"You must be wondering why I am here," said Master Dooku, circling Obi-Wan as if to judge him. "Why you are here."

"Yes," Obi-Wan said, his voice firm. Now that he was over the initial shock of meeting Master Dooku, he really wanted to know what a Jedi Master was doing working with thugs.

Dooku took his time replying. He finally stopped in front of Obi-Wan and said, "Tell me, Obi-Wan, have you ever had trouble sleeping? Had nightmares of men in black, scarlet lightsabers?"

Obi-Wan remained deliberately quiet. He was more than a little surprised that Dooku knew about this, for Obi-Wan had been very reluctant to tell that even to Qui-Gon. Then it occurred to him that Qui-Gon might have told Dooku. After all Dooku was Qui-Gon's former mentor. Dooku took his silence for a "yes."

"You must have wondered what those meant, no?" he went on, starting to circle Obi-Wan again.

"I suppose you have an answer, then," Obi-Wan said mordantly, his temper getting the better of him. He bit his lip, knowing this was no way to talk to a Jedi Master. If Qui-Gon ever found about this, Obi-Wan would find himself cleaning every single 'fresher in the Jedi Temple. Then, he remembered the blond-haired man who had marched him here with the threat of a loaded blaster.

"Oh yes, I
  14. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    Why not?! :mad:

Anyway . . . *reminds self not to talk to characters* Great post! :D I wasn't expecting Dooku to show up. :eek:

More, please. :D
  15. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    obaona : Because I don't want to, of course. [face_devil] And here is the next post. :D

. . . .

Things weren't going very well for Qui-Gon. Outside, the sun was quickly sinking down the horizon, the day was coming to an end, and Obi-Wan still hadn't returned. The more he thought about Obi-Wan and all the trouble the boy had caused, the more angry Qui-Gon got. He found it increasingly difficult to focus on Ki Kara's murder, but he could tell that Obi-Wan's disappearance had nothing to do with it. At least not entirely.

"Master Jedi?" Niag's voice brought Qui-Gon out of his own thoughts and back into the present. Qui-Gon looked down at the ambassador, who appeared to be far calmer than when he had come running down to Qui-Gon to report Ki Kara's death all those hours back.

"I've just got a call from my superior," said Niag. Qui-Gon was suddenly bombarded by a powerful wave of nervousness, emanating from the ambassador. He thought it was odd, but before he could comment on it, Niag continued, "The Commander demands to speak to you. I've transferred the call over to your room."

"Very well." Qui-Gon still hadn't heard anything that warranted all the anxiety he felt from Niag, but he decided to let it go for the moment. "If you will excuse me," he said. Taking Qui-Gon's dismissal for what it was, Niag nodded and left. Qui-Gon quickly hurried over to his room, where his call was waiting for him.

A holographic image of a tall man with blond hair and muscular body energized on the small rectangular screen attached to one of the walls. Qui-Gon never saw him before, but almost as soon as his eyes fell on the image but he felt a sudden animosity toward him. He wondered at the emotion, but didn't have too much time to understand it.

"Master Jinn, we might have a problem," the man said without a preamble.

Qui-Gon really wanted to say "Tell me about it!" but decided that it wasn't worth getting a commander angry. "A problem?" he asked, settling into what he hoped was a polite, but puzzled, stance. That didn't have any noticeable effect on the man, but then, again, holographic images that were scaled down severely showed little in the way of emotions.

"Your apprentice was found tailing two security guards, entering a high-security building without permission," the commander went on pointedly.

" What ?" Qui-Gon couldn't believe what he was hearing. ~Obi-Wan was found doing what?~ He knew that his apprentice was illogical, sometimes even stupid in a certain sense, but he never had seen Obi-Wan doing something that he knew was downright illegal.

"There must be a mistake," Qui-Gon said, shaking his head, more to convince himself than the commander.

"No mistake, Master Jinn," the commander said crossly. "We are currently holding him in custody." Qui-Gon was too startled to say anything. His mind refused to think, and all Qui-Gon could do was stare at the hologram of the commander. ~Holding him in custody.~

He cleared his throat and continued, "Normally, he would be automatically sentenced to six months in prison, but since the circumstances are somewhat unique...." he let the sentence trail, not bothering to finish it, knowing that Qui-Gon knew how the sentence was going to end already.

However, it was too clear to Qui-Gon that the commander didn't think much of the "unique" situation. Even the scaling-down of the hologram couldn't completely eliminate the glare the commander was giving him.
  16. obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aww man! Qui wake up! Stop being Master I-Need-A-Brain-Transplant and realize that this situation is serious! And why's Dooku rearing his ugly head, anyway?

Great posts though.
  17. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    obi : All shall be answered in due time. ;) (I bet you were expecting me to say that.)

. . . . .

It took a long moment for the implications of what Master Dooku said to sink in. Normally, his brain wouldn't have taken so long, but only a few moments earlier, it had been shock-kicked to Tatooine. ~Sith Lords....~ Obi-Wan glared at Master Dooku, as his brain desperately tried to find something stable and plausible to cling onto. Suddenly, it occurred to the young apprentice that the Jedi Master might as well be lying. ~Master Dooku seemed to have no trouble working with criminals, after all.~

"Oh no, my dear friend," Dooku said, smiling thinly. "I am not lying." It was apparent that he had been listening into Obi-Wan's thoughts. The apprentice slammed his shields down, glowering at the Jedi Master, almost wishing that he could kill the other right now. Obi-Wan quickly released his anger and frustration into the Force.

~Anger is the path of the Darkside, anger is the path of the Darkside, anger is the path of the Darkside....~ Obi-Wan repeated the mantra in his mind over and over again until his mind calmed down. Taking a deep breath, he looked at Master Dooku again.

"If the Sith have come back, then the Jedi would have sensed it," Obi-Wan said quietly, feigning confidence into his voice. He wished he were as confident as he sounded. Even though what he said made sense, he couldn't help feeling that what Master Dooku said was the truth.

~But the Sith have all been destroyed. Master Yoda said so!~

Master Dooku's eyes narrowed as he stared at Obi-Wan. Something--an emotion that Obi-Wan couldn't quite read--crossed his face, but then immediately disappeared behind a mask of apathy. The Jedi Master turned around to face the fire again, showing his back to Obi-Wan.

"For someone so young and untrained, you have an extraordinary control over your emotions," said Dooku. Obi-Wan thought he heard resignation, maybe even anger, in the other's voice. This surprised him, for Obi-Wan had never seen a Jedi Master getting angry. ~Well, at least not with him .~

When Master Dooku turned around, both the apathetic mask as well as the thin smile was firmly in place. "Tell me, Obi-Wan," he said, sarcasm evident in his voice, "does your master--my former apprentice --trust you?"

The awkward question took Obi-Wan aback. He looked at Master Dooku in puzzlement, wondering where he was going with this. Did Qui-Gon trust him? Obi-Wan liked to think that his master did, but he wasn't sure. Qui-Gon had never done anything in the previous four (almost five) years that told Obi-Wan that he didn't trust his apprentice. On the other hand, Qui-Gon had never done anything that told Obi-Wan he trusted him either.

But there was no reason for Dooku to know it.

"Yes," he said quickly, raising his chin, and clasping his arms underneath his chest. "He does."

"Really?" Master Dooku said, his smile widening slightly. He took a step or two toward Obi-Wan. At the same time, the door into the room opened. Obi-Wan forced himself to turn slowly; he didn't want to look jumpy in front of Master Dooku. The blond-haired man had returned with the two security guards. They were all grinning maliciously at Obi-Wan, looking very happy with themselves.

As Obi-Wan watched, the blond-haired man gave Dooku a quick nod. The latter than looked over at Obi-Wan. "Let's go test your hypothesis, shall we?"
  18. Wild_Huntress Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh NO! No! I have a very bad feeling about this! Obi! What's the poor kid getting himself into now? :( Great post though.
  19. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wild_Huntress : Yeah, Obi does seem to have a knack of getting himself into trouble, doesn't he?

Aunecah
  20. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh man, you can't leave it like that!

Qui is gonna look at Obi and then get mad, and Obi'll...
    :_| :_|

Okay, I'll stop the speculation. :(
  21. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a bad feeling about this. [face_plain]

Why do I get the impression that Dooku is trying to get inbetween Obi and Qui? And why do I think he's doing this so he can gain Obi's trust?

[face_very_suspicious]

Oh yeah - great post! :D
  22. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    You can't leave it there! ;) Dooku's set Obi and Qui up real good, it seems. What's he trying to do, turn Obi-Wan against his master? Oh, this doesn't sound good, Aunecah.
  23. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Suzuran : I can leave it like that and I did. ;)

obaona : Is Dooku trying to get in between Obi and Qui? Hmm ... can't tell you. [face_devil]

Cascadia : I can't answer. Thanks. :)

Aunecah
  24. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    That was really wonderful! :)

Hmmm, it sounds like Obi-wan is going to be in a lot of trouble by the time this is over (not that, that is a bad thing mind you :p ). I wonder how long it's going to take Qui-gon to realise that he's walking straight into a trap!

Kithera
  25. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kit' : (Hopefully) Qui will realize soon enough that he is walking right into a trap. But then he may not because there is a lot going on in his mind and because a certain things that are going to mentioned in the next post or the post after that.

Well, I was working on my English project, and that ate away three hours, and so I haven't had time to write down a post. I'll try to write one right now. Hopefully, I'll update at least once today.

Aunecah
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.