main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noxious Misunderstandings: (Obi/Qui) Post 52 [01.12.03] (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Suzuran : Will Qui go and talk to Obi? Wait and see. ;)

Cascadia : I included the storm in there for that precise effect. Glad to know it's working.:)

Jedi_Knight_Hunter : Have you been reading ewen 's stories? Oh wait, she just finished her story, and Qui is back to being a good guy in that one. And thanks.

I'm currently finishing up the latest post. It's a bit longer than the usual, but I fear it's needed. So, just stay tight.

Aunecah

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    And here is the post. :D And, yes, the italic part is ... err ... what you think it is, I guess.

. . . .

Qui-Gon stared back and forth between Obi-Wan and the delegates from both A'Ksha and the M'Ksha. They--especially the tribal M'Ksha Chief--were extremely agitated, angered beyond reason. The Jedi Master still wasn't sure what vexed them so much, and Qui-Gon really didn't want to find out.

He looked at Obi-Wan, and was startled to see that his apprentice was glaring at the Chief, showing almost as much dislike as the Chief showed hatred for him. Behind Obi-Wan, almost hidden in the shadows, stood Qui-Gon's own master, Cufk Dooku. Qui-Gon couldn't see his mentor's face, and couldn't feel his emotions either. For some odd reason, Dooku had his shields up at their maximum capacity until Qui-Gon couldn't even feel anything in the general vicinity of his master; Qui-Gon didn't think it was possible for even a Sith Lord to see anything through those shields.

~Why so strong a shield?~ Qui-Gon mused. Shrugging, realizing that that was the least of his worries, he tuned his attention back onto Obi-Wan, wondering what happened now to make Obi-Wan so angry. A sudden thought occurred to him. ~Is it because of what I did yesterday night?~ Qui-Gon gulped a couple of times, suddenly feeling sweat trickling down his cheek. Almost.

He wanted to speak, to question, to order, to intervene, but his mouth wasn't working to well. All he could do was stand and stare at the various figures in the Assembly Hall, trying to ascertain what was going on.

Then, Obi-Wan looked at him. "Master, they're lying. Don't trust them." Obi-Wan was speaking so loudly, one would have thought Qui-Gon was deaf. He subconsciously took a step backward even as his hand dropped toward his waist. Then, he realized the stupidity of that notion, and quickly let his hand drop down to rest loosely against his leg. ~This was Obi-Wan that was talking to him, not some Dark Jedi.~

"We're not making anything up!" the M'Ksha chief roared, spraying everyone near him with spit. He glared at Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon thought, ~If only looks could kill.~ He looked at Qui-Gon, too. "This is some stupid, little prank that your apprentice is pulling on us. If not, then he is cooking a convincing story so you will--"

"I am a Jedi," Obi-Wan said testily, his voice somewhat back under control. At least he wasn't as loud as before. "I would gain nothing from it. I would never sink so low as to accuse somebody of something when I don't know for sure that they did it."

"Unless you can save your own neck by it," an A'Ksha said crossly. "And"--he looked at Qui-Gon meaningfully before letting his gaze slip back onto Obi-Wan--"I'm sure that Master Jinn agrees with me when I say that."

All the certainty on Obi-Wan's face suddenly vanished, crumbling like rocks under a Hutt. Obi-Wan looked at him with a strange, unreadable expression on his face. ~Is he guilty?~ Qui-Gon thought, amazed. Though it made little sense the exchange of dialogue between the Chief, the A'Ksha, and Obi-Wan had made, to Qui-Gon, he had thought that Obi-Wan was at least correct--that the A'Ksha and the M'Ksha were wrong. Exactly what the problem was, Qui-Gon didn't know--couldn't know, but he felt it in his soul that what Obi-Wan was saying was the truth. Was he wrong? Was Obi-Wan the guilty one here?

"Of course," Qui-Gon heard himself reply. He was looking at Obi-Wan when he said that, and he realized, with a start, how deeply he had hurt the boy when he said that. It took him aback. Everything was becoming very confusing. If Obi-Wan truly was guilty, then wouldn't he have a look of resignation upon him--rather than that of sadness?

"Master, they are in an alliance with the Dark Jedi," Obi-Wan said quietly. "I saw it with my own two eyes."

"We are in alliance with nobody," the A'Ksha and the M'Ksha spat as one. There was something false about their voice--or maybe it was just the nervousness. Qui-Gon couldn't tell. After all, he was feeling much the same from Obi-Wan a

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

You can't just leave it like that!!!!!

Cliffies. :mad: :mad:

I need more.

4. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Yep, I read that one...started it yesterday or the day before and finished it today like everyone else.

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! It's another cliff hanger! I'm confused but, I think that I'll figure it out later.

5. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
  6. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    So Qui-Gon's having another vision?

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :mad: That's evil, leaving it there!

Still - all very good and interesting. So Obi finds out Dooku is a Sith? Very interesting. :D

8. Jedi_Umm

Jedi_Umm Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh you must post again soon! you must you must you must!

9. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Is Obi implying he shouldn't have said that the A'Ksha and the M'Ksha are lying or that Dooku is a Dark Jedi.

Now I wonder, who Qui-Gon believes more - Obi-Wan or Dooku?

As for my speculations, they are just that - possibilities, popping up in my mind. Definitely not the questions I want to be answered outside the story ;)

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    You really like those cliffhangers - don't you :p

I demand more!!! okay, so maybe I don't demand it, maybe I just look coy and say "please"???

Kithera

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Oh no, I missed a few days and you update so much that I had a devil of a time catching up. I am certainly not complaining though! :D

This story is very intriguing! The visions are great. I can't wait to see what happens but I know I don't have to beg for posts because you are always kind enough to provide them on your own. :)

12. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok I just found this..and you know what..

I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN'T LEAVE A NEW READER HANGING LIKE THAT....HURRY WITH THE NEXT POST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PT

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Suzuran : I'll be posting more soon. I intended to post during the 20-minute break I'm in right now. If only my Professor didn't gobble up 10 minutes of it. :mad:

Jedi_Knight_Hunter : You're confused? I hope you'll figure it out too.

Master_Comedy_Kitty : Hmm ... interesting.

Cascadia : Apparently so.

obaona : Yep, I'm learning to be evil. [face_devil]

Jedi_Umm : Would three hours or so from now be soon? [face_innocent]

Nifet : I was wondering who would pick up on that. ;) And of course I can't tell you the answer at the moment.

Kit' : Yep. I love cliffhangers. Cliffhangers are my friends. :)

Sheila : Good, because I was worried about updating so frequently. What if I lose readers because they couldn't catch up with 3 posts?

Travina : Well, after school is done ....

Aunecah

14. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    **drum roll** And here is the post! **drum roll fades away into the SW title music**

. . . .

The planet was a swirl of green coated with a blanket of diaphanous white. Obi-Wan stared at the hologram, feeling a strange, hallow feeling develop in the pit of his stomach. The feeling didn't have as much to do with the Force as it had to do with his intuition. He tried to shake it away, but it left an indelible impression on him:

This planet was going to become more important than any single planet in the galaxy ever did or will. The world felt strangely familiar, though he was quite certain that he had never visited it before.

Obi-Wan heard Qui-Gon ask, "What is it called?"

"Tatooine," said the government's ambassador. Obi-Wan tore his gaze away from the planet to look at the ambassador. ~What's his name again? Niag, wasn't it?~ Beside the ambassador, the people from the two tribes were sitting crowded together (yet, as far away from each other as possible), and ogling at the planet with only minute curiosity. They apparently were more interested in troubles at home than information about some planet that they never saw and were never likely to see.

Obi-Wan, on the other hand, was fascinated. ~Tatooine.~ The name rolled of in his mind with such an ease, one would have thought he had thought about it numerous times before. But Obi-Wan had never even heard of the name until now. Whatever imprint it was going to leave in the history textpads of the future, it certainly wasn't any important currently. Being a Jedi, Obi-Wan had practically heard of every single planet that had any kind of importance to it. He even knew and been to quite a few planets that had no importance at the galactic level--like Kubundi.

"It is also in the outer rim territories," said Niag, volunteering information about the planet before either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan could ask for it. "Less than two parsecs away from here." He waved his hand around the room, and Obi-Wan took "here" to mean "Riva."

"So, what's so interesting about it?" Qui-Gon asked with a raised eyebrow. Their stay here had told them a lot about the Rivans, and, as a rule, the Rivans never mentioned anything unless it somehow involved Riva. Qui-Gon, a master in the Living Force, took less time to realize that than Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan was more observant than he was. He knew more things about the Rivans would ever guess (or care to learn, for that matter).

"Well, recently a foreign visitor arrived here from Tatooine," said Niag, sounding surprised that Qui-Gon didn't know about it. Obi-Wan leaned back in his chair in surprise. ~A visitor from Tatooine. That doesn't happen every day.~ He wondered why the story hadn't been in the local newspad. "He and the Rivan senator apparently met sometime ago. Nobody is quite sure of the details, but I heard tell that this honored visitor is a person of importance."

"I see," said Qui-Gon. He threw Obi-Wan a puzzled glance. Obi-Wan shrugged, but otherwise remained silent. He quickly let his gaze trail away from Qui-Gon and onto the holograph, Niag, the tribal Chiefs--anyone or anything but Qui-Gon. Looking at his master brought back the painful memories of last night, and Obi-Wan didn't want to slide back into depression.

"And?" he asked. He knew that a visitor from outer world was enough to cause excitement on Riva (every day he turned on the newspad, he saw his own face flashed all across the front page), but he felt that Niag was hiding more than he was telling.

Niag looked uncomfortable. From Qui-Gon's sigh, Obi-Wan realized that his master had been thinking the same thing, but thought that it was better not to ask. Obi-Wan bit his lip, but before he could find some jargon that would pull the subject off Tatooine and the visitor, Niag said, "He is, like I said, a powerful man. He may be willing to help Riva. Speaking economically."

Niag looked uncomfortable. Obi-Wan looked at the tribal members, all of whom suddenly started whispering excitedly. Obi-Wan thought he knew what they were saying and thinking (e

15. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Whoah.... Help I'm already confused!! And not about to get any answers any time soon, I'm sure. ;) Anyway great posts!

16. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Okay, now I'm confused. ;) What does Tatooine have to with anything?

*tries to remember how old Obi is in this story, so can calculate how old Anakin is - fails*

Great post! :D

17. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Tatooine, huh? That opens up a whole bunch of things. :_|

I won't get my questions answered anytime soon.

Good post though. :)

18. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I don't trust this Niag guy. But who is this foreign visitor?

You've just raised more questions, Aunecah!

Post again soon. :)

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Wild_Huntress : You're confused. That's what I figured you would be.

obaona : What does Tatooine have to do with anything? Everything!

Suzuran : Absolutely.

Cascadia : There's a reason for that. I don't know if I can post more today. I have ten dozen homeworks to do. :(

Aunecah

20. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Post more soon, please, pretty pretty please? It's so good! Don't leave us hanging!

21. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    That's fine, Aunecah. Homework is more important. You've given us so much so quickly already, you deserve more than a break.

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Breanna_Irulen_Ember : New reader. I'm currently editing the post, so you'll have one in around five minutes.

Cascadia : Thanks. :) Well, I was blowing things out of proportions when I said I have 10 dozen homeworks, but I still had a lot. They were easier than I thought. ;) I owe it to my teachers.

Anyway, you'll get a post soon.

Aunecah

23. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    And here it is! Of course, this is still early in the post, and so don't expect to find any answers in this post. ;)

. . . .

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan quickly followed Niag out of the Assembly Hall, and into his office. The ambassador quickly closed and locked the door after the two Jedi. He motioned the two Jedi to sit down in the two chairs opposite him, and he sat down in his own chair.

Niag suddenly appeared very apprehensive, and Obi-Wan concluded that his suppositions were in fact true. ~At least part of them must be true, anyway.~

"Master Jedi," said Niag, looking at Qui-Gon directly. Obi-Wan felt a flash of irritation at that, but he quickly stomped it down. Even though he was not a Jedi Knight yet, he was a Jedi nevertheless, and he thought it rude to completely ignore someone. "You should read this." He pushed a datapad toward Qui-Gon, who picked it up, obviously puzzled.

Obi-Wan thought for a moment--he wasn't entirely sure whether Niag wanted him to read the datapad or not--then Force-pushed his chair nearer to Qui-Gon, so he could see the datapad's contents, as well. If Niag really didn't want him to know, then he would have asked to see Qui-Gon alone.

A thought suddenly occurred to him: Why not call Master Dooku here, as well? His face darkened as he thought about Master Dooku, but then it quickly passed. In his peripheral vision, he could see that Qui-Gon was looking at him, frowning, but he remained quiet.

The datapad was some kind of a letter. It was addressed, "To All Who Care." Obi-Wan's eyes skipped through most of the technical jargon and the roundabout language that the message was laden with, and skipped down to somewhere near the bottom:

The atrocities you committed have remained hidden
    for three hundred years, but are about to come into light.
    We will fight for justice even if it means that we will all
    perish doing so.

Under the authority of the Speaker, I, the Second-in-Command,
    am sending this letter to warn the people of Riva that if you don't
    publicly plead guilty for all the crimes you did, then we will take the
    matters into our own hands. "Eye for eye, leg for leg, life for life."

The letter was signed, "Yours Truly, Your Well-wisher."

Obi-Wan grimaced mentally at the irony of the words, but laughing at them in front of Niag would be a bad idea.

//What do you think?// Obi-Wan nearly startled when he heard Qui-Gon's voice in his mind. Not only had he not expected to hear him speaking anytime soon, he was also asking Obi-Wan for his opinion. Qui-Gon never did that before.

//I don't know,// said Obi-Wan quickly, remembering that Qui-Gon had asked him a question and was waiting for an answer. //I doubt the Rivans have done any "atrocities," though.//

//Why do you say that?// Obi-Wan could just imagine Qui-Gon frowning, trying to make sense out of what Obi-Wan was saying.

//Well, it isn't very likely that they show this letter to us if they have committed crimes, right?// asked Obi-Wan earnestly. //I mean, even if everyone forgot it because we spend so much time acting as babysitters, we still defend justice, right?//

Qui-Gon almost sighed out loud. He took a deep breath but quickly ended it in a cough, so that it didn't look to Niag as if he and Obi-Wan had been mind communicating.

//Your ability to find humor in serious things is most commendable,// he said quietly. Obi-Wan didn't feel anything at the comment. In the past, sometimes he had felt satisfied, and sometimes, melancholy, but today he felt nothing. //Perhaps the current government is simply not aware of what happened three centuries ago. After all, there was no real government back then.//

//True,// Obi-Wan admitted.

Qui-Gon cleared his throat, pushing the datapad toward the ambassador. He looked at him simply, his face donning on the familiar mask of rapt attention. Obi-Wan wondered if Qui-Gon was really as interested as he looked.

"We haven't done anything," the ambassador said immediately. "We don't know what they are

24. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Hmmm.... how did I miss this one??? Please post more soon! It's very good!! The first post was a great hook.

25. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ack! No! Answer! Now! Lol. Great job, Aunecah.

BTW how are you finding time to write so much? :confused: You're so lucky! I haven't managed to write in ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.