main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noxious Misunderstandings: (Obi/Qui) Post 52 [01.12.03] (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Still we get no answers! :(

Good post though. I need answers though. ;)

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Havoc2_Nite : Post more, huh? Well, I just finish typing up this long post, and I don't know whether I'll be able to type any more today. My fingers are hurting, and I better not stretch my imagination skills.

Wild_Huntres : Yep, I did warn you about that. And how do I find time for writing? Currently, I have no other life than studies and writing. I wake up at five and sleep at ten. Sighs.

Suzuran : Sorry. See, it's just that if I were to not post until I gave you answers, then the post would be twenty pages long (well, maybe not 20 pages, but you get the idea).

Aunecah

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You love torturing us, don't you? ;)

Post more soon, Aunecah.

4. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    I agree with Cascadia, you do love to torture your readers. ;)

Don't worry, when I get my answers (whatever they are) I'll go crazy. :p

5. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok Aunecah..That had to be one of the most evil cliffy I have ever read..

WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY THAT LAST LINE??

MORE PLEASE!!

PT

6. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That. Was. Evil. :mad:

Congrats on a good job of it! :D :D :D

Now . . . more please?

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Cascadia : Absolutely. [face_devil]

Suzuran : I see. ;)

Travina : What did I mean by the last line. Well, you'll find out soon enough. Like in the next post. :)

obaona : Thanks! :) More soon, promise.

Aunecah

8. Ewanfan51

Ewanfan51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    This is very good. The plot twists are keeping us on our toes. With Dooku around I am sure the plot will twist even more as the Jedi try to dig deeper. Lies hidden in truth. Excellent.
    More Please

9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Ewanfan51 : Lies hidden in truths or truths hidden in lies? ;) Thanks

Aunecah

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    And here is the post. I'm not good with action, so we'll se how this goes.

. . . .

"Black seven, why aren't you up yet?" an irritated voice cut through Dorik Korl's comm unit, reverberating off the cramped cockpit. Dorik cringed, tuning down the volume even as he pulled up the toggle-switch so that he could talk.

"Sorry, Commander," Dorik said. "Still at base. Some kind of a malfunction," he explained quickly, before the other could launch into a lecture.

Shake-down lectures seem to be the pride of the Black Squadron commander (and just about every other commander that Dorik had worked under). Already in a bad mood, he didn't think he could sit through a lecture.

There was a momentary pause. "What kind of a malfunction? Your R2 unit?" A not-quite-humorous chuckle rasped through the transmission, underlined by static.

"No, sir." Dorik felt his face turning hot.

Once, a long time ago in his so-far short career as a pilot, he had listed the memory-wipe of his astromech droid as an "emergency" malfunction, and had been accordingly suspended for a week. Not only did he have to suffer public shame, he now became a practical joke in the squadron.

"My-my N-wing isn't functioning properly. The preflight check says my guns are jammed."

Much like its name, the fighter-for-one was shaped exactly like an N. The cockpit was in the very middle, and the guns were in the two corners. The N-wing was a scout ship, designated both for fighting and searching.

Another hacking-like sound attacked Dorik's ears. He took it to mean that his commander was laughing again. "This is a simple scouting round, pilot. We are not going into a war. You have no need for guns."

"Ah, but, sir, what if we encounter hostile--?" Dorik began nervously, a silent shudder passing down his spine.

"How long have you been in the military?" the commander interrupted, his voice abruptly sharp.

"Five years, sir," Dorik admitted, feeling somewhat reluctant to admit that to the commander.

"Well, I have been here longer than that. I've been doing this for half a century, and we've never even met a dead gandurak, much less a "fleet of hostile beings." The quicker you start believing that the longer you'll stay in the military. You're going to up in the air in two minutes." The commander's voice left no room for any arguments.

"Ah, yes sir." Dorik shifted uneasily in his seat.

He couldn't let go of the feeling that the commander was somehow wrong this time. But there was nothing he could do. He quickly closed the canopy, and powered up the engines.

Space was cold, oppressive and foreboding for Dorik. He was in the middle of nowhere, far away from Riva, at the very edge of the Rivan system. The rest of his squadron was in similar settings, somewhere at the edge of his peripheral vision, checking to see if something would catch their eye. At least, that was what they were supposed to do. Dorik had no doubts that they were chatting idly. These scouting rounds had become more of a formality than a necessity; it had been so long since someone had attacked Riva (if anyone ever did) that everybody thought that nobody would ever attack them again.

A tingle shot up his spine, just as his sensors started screaming, disrupting the eerie quietness of the space. Alarmed, Dorik looked down at his sensors, all of which were flashing red. Several, tentacle-shaped blips were starting to appear on them, somewhere to his back. He put the N-Wing in a crazy roll.

Another tingle flared up in his brain. Before he could do anything, a spurt of fire engulfed his star fighter, and Dorik was long-dead to know the pain of being eaten alive.

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Yikes! :eek:

Great post! This gets more complicated by the minute. Can't wait for more. :D

12. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain]

I'm officially confused. :_|

Not a bad thing, though. :)

13. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    I'm confused too...but, I'm always confused. ;)

14. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    <------- Is confused. ;)

Still, great post - and I have a bad feeling about this . . . :D

15. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Now Tattoine comes in picture. Hmm... who might be that visitor from there? And a secret one too.

Am I imagining a link between Dooku, the visitor from Tattoine and this sudden attack? :D Or is it there?

16. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    UP! UP, DANGIT!

17. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    :confused: :confused: :confused: Does that show how lost I am? ;) Great post though.

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Sheila : Yep, complicated is the way of stories. Don't worry, though, much confusion will ease before the end of the story.

Suzuran : Thanks. You're confused, too, huh?

Master_Comedy_Kitty : You're always confused?

obaona : Your feelings serve you well.

Nifet : Speculations again. Can't answer, though. [face_devil]

Breanna_Irulan_Ember : Thanks.

Wild_Huntress : Honestly, is my story the only story that makes you confused :confused:

Aunecah

19. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'll join the club here and say that I'm confused too. :D

20. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *joining the confused club, too*

21. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Cascadia and Jedi_Knight_Hunter : Join the club. ;)

Sorry for not posting more tonight, but I really can't post anymore. I guess I'm just a little bit frustrated with my studies, at the moment, and past experience told me that writing under stress is not a good thing.

Aunecah

22. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Ok... a little late, but I'm going to join the confusion club too. I guess enlightenment is something I will just have to look forward to!!

23. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **Stands up in front of crowd**

Hi, My name is PT and I am part of The Group of Confused Minds..After reading this last Chapter.. I have gotten hopelessly confused..And I hope that the author who wrote this chapter see this..and GIVES us some ANSWERS!!! Thank you!

**sits back down**

PT

PS great job on the last chapter..but like I said I am still confused...

24. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Havoc_2Nite and Travina : My Sith Apprentice, Darth Dreadful, in a spark of malice, has induced a compulsion in your minds to join the Confused club, and that is why you are all here. Just give me a couple of posts to ease up all the damage he has done. ;)

Aunecah

25. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    And a post. ;)

. . . .

Both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were up on their feet in an instant, their lightsabers flashing menancingly in their hands. Niag darted backward at once, his back flattened against the wall. Obi-Wan doubted Niag knew what a lightsaber was, and seeing one must have made the already nervous ambassador even more anxious.

//I doubt he doesn't know what a lightsaber is, Padawan. He just happens to have never seen one.//

Obi-Wan almost glared at Qui-Gon. //Stay out of my mind, Master,// he said mordantly.

//I haven't been peeking,// Qui-Gon answered innocently, completely ignoring Obi-Wan's accusing tone. //You just happen to be SHOUTING .//

Obi-Wan shook his head slightly. Qui-Gon's behavior was one of the hardest to predict. It was almost as if his master was in an eternal series of mood swings. One time he was angry, and then the next day he acted as if nothing had happened. Obi-Wan didn't understand his master--couldn't understand his master. All the more, he couldn't act like Qui-Gon, and that usually made the matters much worse.

Realizing that they had only been feeling a wave of shock from a Force sensitive being who had died--or, at least, that the tingle that had exploded down their spines was not a warning--the two Jedi switched off their lightsabers in unison.

That evening, Riva looked like a second Hoth. Nobody was outside in the streets, as if they were all afraid that bombs were going to drop out of the sky to kill them (which, Qui-Gon thought, they might as well be). The governmental building that hosued the Assembly Hall, on the other hand, could have been the Imperial Palace, itself.

The destruction of the entire Black squadron was making the military commanders extremely strict and very irritable, and the rest of the Rivans incredibly anxious and very testy. Half a dozen security guards were stationed at all entrances to stop the reporters and everyone else who were brave enough to not hide in their homes from coming into the building and harassing the commanders.

Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Master Dooku (the latter of whom had rushed here as soon as he heard what had happened) were now listening to the Chief Executive as he explained the situation. The Prime Minister, himself, had arrived a couple of minutes ago, and was listening to Na Tural through a comlink.

" ... this was one of Black squadron's routine scouting rounds," Na Tural was saying. He walked over to a three dimensional holograph that showed the Rivan system--the sun, the planets, the asteroids, along with virtual orbit lines of them all. He pointed at the tenth planet, a gas giant that happened to be the last one in the system, as he said, "We lost all contact with the ships in this general vicinity." Looking at the three Jedi, he explained, "It has nothing to do with the planet, itself."

~That's unusual,~ Qui-Gon thought to himself. For he had been under the presumption that most gas giants heavily interfered with any kind of energy signals. Shrugging, he stored that little interesting tidbit in the back corner of his mind, and listened to the rest of whatever Na Tural was saying. "As of yet, we are still struggling to ascertain which fleet or what species have destroyed the squadron, but the possibility of actually finding it out is very bleak. We have been able to salvage only dismal parts of the star fighters, which could have been blown apart by anything from a proton torpedo to a turbolaser."

He looked at the second-in-command, a tall woman who stood quietly next to a pillar, her arms folded. She had yet to speak. When she didn't add anything, Na Tural looked back at his audience, and continued, "The scouting ships that have gone before them (only five hours earlier) have picked up no sign of as much as a stray asteroid, much less a fleet. None of our monitoring satellites have picked up any discrepencies in the energy signals...." Qui-Gon could tell that not being able to attatch the destruction to fleet name was making Na Tural very uncomfortable. Unlike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.