main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noxious Misunderstandings: (Obi/Qui) Post 52 [01.12.03] (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    OK you posted..but but...I AM STILL CONFUSED!!!

What is Obi-Wan hiding....Please update more...

LIKE NOW!!

PT

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't think that Obi-Wan is hiding anything - I think he's simply more aware that, at the moment, the government should not be trusted. :) And poor Obi . . . I don't get Qui either, and that's after Aunecah gives me a look into his head! 8-}

Great post! :D

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan is treading dangerous ground if the government really shouldn't be trusted. Perhaps Qui-Gon needs to start listening to him.

Thanks for the post, Aunecah. :)

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Travina : I know it didn't clear anything up. Just be a little more patinet. A post is on it's way after I finish typing it up and editing it. ;)

obaona : You could be right. You could be wrong. The only way you'll know if you have access to my head, which, unfortunately, you don't. So you'll just have to wait. ;)

Cascadia : You're welcome. And I better not say anything about your incipient comment. [face_devil]

Aunecah

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Here is the post. I don't know if it is up to the standards ... I'm having some trouble with my mood, right now. :( And no cliffie at the end!

. . . .

Before the day's end, another of the Riva's scouting squadrons had been destroyed. This one--very cleverly named as the Red squadron (for no better reason than to differntiate it from the Black and the Blue squadrons)--was returning from a mission elsewhere when it had been attacked and preyed upon.

The people were in bitter shock, the government seemed to have achieved a state of paralysis, and the military was becoming increasingly tight and strict. All ships had been recalled before the sun had completely set, and were now circling the planet like hawks looking for victims.

Qui-Gon sincerely doubted all the fleets of Riva combined together would be very effective against the hostile invaders, but he didn't think it was a good idea to tell that to Na Tural or the prime minister. The disagreement between the major tribes, however, continued to Qui-Gon's amazement and annoyance. He would have thought that the tribes, no matter what internal differences they had, would stand together to face an outsider. Apparently, humans didn't always think the same way.

At midnight, Qui-Gon was still in the War Chambers, listening to everyone from a captain to a commander drone on and on about possible historical connections, hidden dangers, and a list of other things that quite frankly bored Qui-Gon to death. He found himself unable to think clearly about the invaders' next move, and that didn't really come out as a surprise to him, considering the state he was in at the moment.

With a mug of hot chocolate that Obi-Wan had given him in one hand, he leaned back against the chair, deciding to tackle the problem the same way he tackled the pointless debates of the two tribes at conflict. Closing his eyes, he inhaled deeply, letting his frustration and wearines seep out of his fingers and toes into the Force, itself. Relaxed, he opened his eyes again, quickly letting them fix on the next person talking. Though he wasn't going to pay any attention to the captain, it would look like he was paying attention if he was ogling at him, and that was precisely what Qui-Gon meant to do.

~What would he do without the Force?~

Obi-Wan was sure that his master wasn't listening. He knew the look on Qui-Gon's face, and he wished he could do the same thing. If anything, he had more reason than Qui-Gon to not listen to the captains and the commanders because he knew that they were lying. Either that or they were being manipulated by some political situation.

He didn't know whether it was the Force or his own intuition that was telling him not to trust the guards, but something definitely was. His run-in with Master Dooku and the security guards who had "kidnapped" him wasn't helping matters much either.

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon, wishing he felt confident enough talking with Qui-Gon to tell this to him. Lately, he had been bottling up so much emotion, he knew he would burst sometime soon if he didn't let it out. But who could he let it out to? Rocks?

Certainly not Qui-Gon. He could always tell Bant, but she conveniently seemed to be on missions when he was on Coruscant. Besides, he didn't really want to trouble her. Obi-Wan was not her apprentice, and she probably had enough worries of her own without him having her giving more.

Obi-Wan sighed. ~Why can't things be more simple?~

"... the last time a torpedo had been launched at our shields had been more than five centuries ago ... "

Qui-Gon widened his eyes, trying desperately not to slip into sleep. He suddenly felt more drowsy than he ever did in his lifetime. He didn't know if this drowsiness was the result of an entire night and day of worry or whether it was something else.

" ... ten thousand citizens have been killed in the bombings, and we suffered more than a million teros worth of property damage. Numerous forests have been destroyed, and the country has never

6. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Excellent post..... But I have a bad feeling about this.

7. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    So, Qui-Gon is starting to suspect Dooku. This is very intriguing, Aunecah. You just don't know who to trust. And this doesn't sound good sending Obi-Wan away to Tatooine. I know Qui-Gon is worried about his dream(vision?), but is he listening to the Force? Or am I way off base here?

Great post, Aunecah. :)

8. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Oh, very nice posts there. :)

Nice to know that Qui doesn't trust Dooku. But why can't he tell Obi of his visions? :(

*takes a seat, waiting for the next meeting of The Officially Confused Club*

9. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    i swear, I am the fricken founding member of the "I am offically confused" club. :p Nice post. GET OBI OFF THAT PLANET!

10. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Ooooohhhh....sending Obi-Wan away... somehow I have a bad feeling about this! And what is going on in Obi's head...? I will wait patiently(not) for more!

Hope you're in a better mood soon... some good angsty Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan fic always cheers me up!

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Wild_Huntress : Thanks. :)

Cascadia : Excellent questions, and like with all excellent questions, I can't answer them.

Suzuran : Why can't Qui tell Obi of his visions? Because 1) he thinks Obi won't believe him, and 2) he isn't quite sure those are visions.

Master_Comedy_Kitty : Get off that planet? Are you sure Obi can ? [face_devil]

Havoc_2Nite : I feel much better now, thank you.

Just a little announcement: I'm going to be away from home today - so I probably won't be posting until much later (like eight o' clock or whatever). I have a Chess tournament today, and am going to be playing three to four games (not sure 3 or 4). Hopefully, my mind won't be too tired to write. ;)

Aunecah

12. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    ::bites her lip:: Poor Obi! He deserves to feel trusted! Bad Qui, bad! What's that woman up to? I'm not sure I like her. UP! Please?

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Ember : You don't mind if I call you that, do you? :) Well, you'll see more of the woman, obviously. ;)

Well, I'm back from my chess tournament, and am feeling really upbeat because I came home with a medal. :D :D

Let me see if I can whip up a post - *after* dinner. ;)

Aunecah

14. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *Still a member of the confused club*

Stits down in the middle of the auditorium for the meeting.

15. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Hunter : I figured that. Anyway, sorry for not updating yesterday, but mom bought this really cool movie, and I just had to watch that. ;)

Aunecah

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Yay. Here's a post! :D

. . . .

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Obi-Wan groaned, rolling over onto his stomach. He didn't know what it was with his travels, but his ship always seemed to come out of hyperspace in the dead of the night, just when he was starting to loose his conscious. Sighing, he forced himself onto his feet, and, donning his robes on, dragged his feet over to the living room.

His companion, the Rivan military woman, was already there. To her credit, and to his surprise, she was in the copilot seat, which was only fitting as this mission was his. ~Besides, this ship belonged to him, anyway ... well, to the Jedi.~

He dropped into the pilot seat, giving his companion a cheerful smile as he did so. The Rivan gave him the briefest of nods, acknowledging his presence, and then went back to her controls again. Content to let her manuever the ship out of hyperspace, Obi-Wan sat back and watched the continuous swirl of hyperspace dissolve away into discrete pinpoints of stars.

Tatooine appeared before them in all its glory, glowing like a third sun. It looked exactly like how he it had appeared in the hologram that Niag had showed them, and somehow, Obi-Wan wasn't surprised. The holograms are designed to be perfect, and Tatooine had little geographic detail.

"One thing for sure, we're both going to be a lot darker after this little mission." Obi-Wan squinted into the distance, putting one hand above his eyes so as to block out the glare of the sun. ~ Suns, ~ Obi-Wan corrected himself, for Tatooine had not one but two suns.

They had landed near the outskirts of the main city, Mos Eisley, not wanting to attract attention. Obi-Wan had asked himself where he would go on Tatooine if he wanted to find information, and, after reading the short description on the main city, had decided that Mos Eisley was definitely the place to go to.

He looked at his companion, the tall, slendar Rivan, who was standing in rigid military attention. Her eyes were scanning the surroundings as if she expected somebody to jump on her right now. Obi-Wan noticed how her hand seemed to always linger near her blaster.

He sighed, wondering if the woman ever was not alert.

"I'm not your commander, or anything, you know," he said lightly.

The woman raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry?"

"You don't need to act as if you're in the Military Central Command," Obi-Wan said. "You can be at ease, you know. It's not as if we're here to see how long you can stay in the military stance."

This seemed to genuinely puzzle Kala Tural. She gave him a puzzled glance, much too similar to the one she had given him back in their ship, as they were coming out of hyperspace. "I would rather stay in the military stance. I feel more comfortable."

Obi-Wan shrugged, deciding to give up convincing her to act normally. At least for the moment.

"Come on. Let's get going. The sooner we get out of here, the better."

17. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm not sure if Kala Tural will be an asset or someone Obi-Wan shouldn't trust.

Thanks for the post, Aunecah. :)

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Cascadia : I'm going to leave you to wonder for a little longer. ;) And you're welcome.

Sorry for not updating as regularly, but I'm trying to finish up another fic, so that I can devote more time to this fic. :)

Aunecah

19. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Kewl post.

*Pictures Obi with a tan all over, wonders how he got tan under the layers of the robes. Pictures his strong browned body with his beautiful hair and eyes and erm...nevermind.*

*Walks off drooling*

20. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Hunter : [face_shocked] 8-}

Aunecah

21. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    WHOO!!

Another Great Chapter Aunecah...Cant wait to read more...

But is Obi-Wan going to have a hard time on this mission?

Can't wait to read more...

PT

22. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    He's finally in Tatooine. I wonder what he'll find there... [face_devil]

*gets a drink, sits down and waits for the inevitable "Officially Confused" Club meeting*

Nice post, Aunecah.

23. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Travina and Suzuran : I swear I replied to your posts in the morning, but for some reason that doesn't seem to show. So, let's try this again: Yes, you'll be getting a post soon. In around thirty minutes, if I can manage it. :)

Aunecah

24. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    And here is the post! ;)

. . . .

Days passed on Riva, but nothing particularly notable happened. That is, of course, if you didn't count the long but pointless meetings that Qui-Gon (and now Master Dooku) was forced to sit through. Even though the military still remained a bustle of activity, the rest of the Rivan community had settled down again, convinced that the unfortunate incidents belonged to the past and had nothing to do with the future.

Even if they hadn't, Qui-Gon doubted the negotiations between the two tribes would have been called off. During the negotiation period, all fights had been called off, and if Qui-Gon's authority were to fail, they would start up in an instant.
    Qui-Gon was even less sure about any compromise he offered being good enough for both the parties. The death of the former A'Ksha chief seemed to only deteriorate the relationship between the two tribes, and the arguments between the two parties had become increasingly antagonistic, almost exploding to the point of physical violence many times.

The old Jedi Master almost considered giving the negotiations over to Master Dooku and taking a good break for a few days, but, after a moment of contemplation, decided against it. He would be setting a precedent for Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan was not the one to miss such opportunities.

Qui-Gon's mind wandered toward Tatooine. Obi-Wan must be there with Kala Tural by now, unless something unexpected happened, and they were delayed. He doubted anything like that happened, despite Obi-Wan's unbeatable streak in attracting trouble.

He sighed. He never really realized how much he loved the boy until he was gone.

"Tatooine," Obi-Wan said, staring around in disgust. "A safe haven for all those who don't want to be found. The redoubt of the slimiest scum alive."

"Very colorful description, Jedi Kenobi," Kala Tural noted as she did her own scanning.

"Obi-Wan."

"I'm sorry?" Kala looked at him abruptly, raising an eyebrow.

"That's my name," Obi-Wan explained, wishing she wouldn't question everything that everyone else took for granted. "Just call me Obi-Wan. I don't like formal titles."

"I see." Kala paused for a moment. Then, she nodded to herself, as if reaching a decision. "Obi-Wan it is, Jedi Ke-..." She cleared her throat, trailing off into silence.

Obi-Wan decided to let it go. It was around noon on Tatooine, and the atmosphere had become incredibly stuffy, more so than Obi-Wan had ever thought it would, and more so than he would ever admit it had. The two suns were up at their prime, shooting so much heat everywhere, Obi-Wan was sure the ground would catch fire, if he didn't get there first.

Fingering his collar irritably again, he stared around at the shops. "I've heard that the local junk dealers usually have a lot to say to faraway travelers. Let's go into one of these less popular ones." Obi-Wan was purely speculating when he said that, based on the number of speeders parked outside the shops.

"As you insist," said Kala indifferently.

Obi-Wan vowed to himself that he would change that nasty habit of hers before this mission was over.

25. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    ::drums fingers on desk:: I want to know what's going on already! Is Qui BLIND? Aren't Jedi supposed to be able to sense the Dark Side? Honestly, some people....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.