main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noxious Misunderstandings: (Obi/Qui) Post 52 [01.12.03] (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Junk dealers? Oh dear, oh dear, is he going to go to the junk dealer on Tatooine? The one run by a certain blue flying Toydarian?

I need more, Aunecah. That may be repetitive, but I need more! :p

2. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I sense trouble on the way. No really? 8-} Great posts.

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Ember : In the words of Master Yoda, 'The Darkside clouds everything.' [face_devil]

Suzuran : Are you a Jedi? [face_shocked] (Mind you, this has little to do with your questions, itself. Or maybe it has everything to do with your questions. [face_devil])

Wild_Huntress : Oh, you better sense trouble. If you don't sense, feel, touch, taste, smell, or see trouble, then there is something wrong with your brain. Yeah.

We are all very impatient and greedy, aren't we? Well, anyway, the next post will be up soon, and it might make some of you happy. ;)

Aunecah

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    And here is the post. *Cue in drum roll.*

. . . .

Late into that night, Qui-Gon sat on his bed, a mug of hot chocolate that was no longer hot in one hand, and around a dozen datapads scattered in front of him.

Many of them were newspads, from various other planets that included emergency situations that were as of yet unexplained. During his years as a Jedi, Qui-Gon had come to realize that many problems in this universe were more planned than they first appeared to be; at least, that was the case with the planets that the Jedi were involved with.

Usually, when something unexpected happened here, a similar situation occurred over there, and Qui-Gon was precisely planning on finding that "other" situation over there.

At first, it might seem like an impossible task to someone who wasn't accustomed to dealing with these kinds of searches, but it wasn't impossible. Usually, pirates, or warlords (or whoever else), usually started with unknown but strategic planets such as Naboo or Anison.

Qui-Gon couldn't think for the life of him what kind of importance Riva would have for any warlord or pirate, but that didn't mean anything.

~Unless, the attackers were aiming at a particular group of people or a single person instead of the planet, itself,~ he mused, rubbing his graying beard thoughtfully. That wasn't likely to be the case, however, as sending in assassins would be easier than bombarding scout ships.

Yet again, Qui-Gon felt a nagging feeling clawing the back of his mind, in a way that usually meant he was missing something that was both important and obvious. ~ Obvious and unfair ... obvious and unfair ... obvious and unfair.... ~ Qui-Gon repeated the words like a mantra in his mind, as if he thought the chanting might somehow enhance his chances of finding an answer.

What did he know? What things had happened that weren't normal?

~ Think. Think. Think, ~ Qui-Gon ordered himself, sitting up straighter, and putting his face in his hands, blocking out his room. As always, his mind refused to think just when he was ordering it to do so. It remained perfectly blank, ignoring his glare, and giving him a cheerful smile. Qui-Gon swallowed the rest of his hot chocolate, and tried once again. ~Two squadrons have been destroyed ... The A'Ksha chief--whatever his name was--had been killed; well, at least he was found dead in the 'fresher, and he was most likely killed ... Obi-Wan was acting weirdly ... Master is here....~

Qui-Gon suddenly realized that he still hadn't asked Dooku what he was doing here. Not that it really mattered, but he was curious to know what the other was doing on this out-of-the-way planet, especially when he and Obi-Wan were sent here. Qui-Gon was optimistic, but even he wasn't ready to slip this note under the wing of chance.

Then, his broodings returned to the ominous dream he had.

~It still didn't mean anything.~

Visions were often riddled with lies. Not even the truth could be taken for granted, for they greatly depended on your own point-of-view. Both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan could have had the same vision, yet they could have interpreted it differently.

~There must be a mistake.~

5. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Uh oh. That's all I have to say.

And the suspense builds....

And by the way, the "under the tongue root a fight most dread/ and another raging behind in the head" line is by Robert Graves. I know because I'm studying the poem. ;)

6. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Are you a Jedi?

Well, you know, in my past life...

Nah. :p

I was wondering when Qui was going to be curious as to why Dooku is there. 'Bout time, Qui.

Still need to know if Obi's going to you-know-where.

7. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Did Obi-Wan even tell Qui-Gon what happened when he followed those security guards and was taken to Dooku? It is about time Qui-Gon finds out why Dooku is there.

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Seems like Qui-Gon's a little slow. He hasn't even asked Dooku why he's there yet?!? Wake up, man, and smell the cold hot chocolate!

Two great posts, Aunecah! :)

9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Sorry for ignoring all of you. I've just been ... uh ... busy.

Wild_Huntress : Yep, the suspense is building. And thanks. :)I knew there was a 'grave' in there somewhere. 8-}

Suzuran : Yep. You'll find out in the next post, if I can manage to type it up.

Sheila : Not yet. [face_devil]

Cascadia : Oh, you know. Sometimes when time is flashing by like that even Jedi Masters forget things. 8-} I have read your own stories, as well, Cascadia . They are wonderful pieces of literature. Shame on me to not post in them. I'll go do that sometime today.

Aunecah

10. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok I give up...Just when I think that I have something figured out..you go and blow it sky high...

Sigh...I am now part of the confused club once again...

Care to help me out on that? ;)

PT

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Travina : Did I :confused: What did you figure out?

Aunecah

12. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Finally, a post! Yay! And Obi is in it for a surprise. ;)

. . . .

A Toydarian came whirring in through a backyard of some sort as soon as the bell chimed, alerting him of possible customers. Ugly features combining with the short, spiky hair standing out from his undulating neck gave Obi-Wan a sight all too revolting. He almost had a mind to leave, but his Jedi training, combined with the irritation of the heat, made him stay rooted to the spot. If he wasn't going to get anything from this visit, then he at least wouldn't be out in the sun more than he needed.

" Hi chuba da noga ?" the creature asked, its semi-transparent wings constantly buzzing behind its back to keep him afloat in the air. A chain of some sort dangled from a pouch near his waist.

He was trying to appear friendly, Obi-Wan thought with amusement, but failing at it woefully. All Toydarians were hallmarked throughout the galaxy for their lust for money and need to gamble. Obi-Wan knew the Toydarian would like nothing better than to find a way into tricking Obi-Wan and Kala into becoming his slaves.

"If I'm looking for information, where could I go to?" It was a trick Obi-Wan had learned long ago. No one with even a millimeter of sense let go of customers, not if they had even a minute chance of profiting from it. At any rate, each competitor hated the rest to the very end of the galaxy.

To his surprise, however, the Toydarian actually seemed very delighted. ~Maybe he has the information, I need,~ Obi-Wan mused, frowning.

"Information. Yes, yes, we have lots of it. Peedunkel. Chenua sioko. " The Toydarian wheeled around, momentarily seeming to forget about Obi-Wan.

Beside him, Kala was inspecting her surroundings with mild disdain. This apparently was not her idea of how a planet should be. Obi-Wan smiled thinly. Tatooine was possibly the worst planet to show a person whose only world was her planet until now.

Now Coruscant on the other hand ... that would be an experience she would remember all her life, even if she took onto traveling to other worlds after this.

The Toydarian shouted a couple more times. When nobody returned a reply to his orders, the Toydarian glanced at Obi-Wan and then disappeared through a dark corridor, muttering angrily to himself. Obi-Wan hoped nobody would get into trouble simply because he happened to be here.

"I wonder what he is speaking," said Kala, grimacing.

"It's Huttese," Obi-Wan replied quietly. "Not a very nice language."

"I'm sorry?"

Obi-Wan swiveled around to stare at her, suddenly realizing that she hadn't spoken out loud. ~Impossible. He couldn't have heard her.~ He didn't even hear Qui-Gon's thoughts, and the master and the apprentice shared a bond stronger than was possibly stronger than that of two lovers. Obi-Wan and Kala had no bond. Kala wasn't even a Force-sensitive....

"May I help you?" A soft voice interrupted the still air of the junk shop.

Obi-Wan tore his gaze away from Kala to stare at the old woman who walked in, wearing the simple clothes of a slave.

The young apprentice caught his breath.

13. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Uh-oh. Old woman? Working for Watto? Is that who I think it is?

And Obi's feeling her?

I call a meeting for the newly formed "Officially Speculating" Club.

Great post, Aunecah.

14. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_blush] Thanks for reading my stories, Aunecah. Glad you like them.

So why has Obi-Wan sensed Kala's thoughts? I'm still part of the Confused Club, but I'll join the Officially Speculating Club too. ;) The old woman can't be . . . can she?!?

Please post more! :)

15. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Suzuran : Is she who you think it is? I don't know. Wait until the next post or the one after that. ;)

Cascadia : You're welcome. You are still confused? Well, the next post should clear it up. At least, most of it, though it might add a new dimension to the story. :)

Aunecah

16. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I just caught up with this story. It's really good. I think I know who the woman is too. That's weird....

17. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    The next morning, things flashed past so quickly, Qui-Gon just barely managed to stay on his feet. He promised himself that he would find out before the day ended why his master was here, but he simply didn?t have the time.

Sometime yesterday night, he had drifted off into an uneasy sleep, still contemplating on the many issues that were tearing his mind apart. There had been a little hope lurking in a distant corner of his brain that perhaps sleep would cure all his problems but that had died a quick death when he woke up today morning. He didn?t feel either intelligent nor at peace.

He reached out with the Force to sense his apprentice?s presence again. It just made him feel all the more comfortable to know that he could sense Obi-Wan through the Force, for that meant that the boy was still alive. The dreams?or visions ? or whatever his mind was calling them today?were haunting him like ghosts, mercilessly and unrelentingly.

The Jedi Master rarely ever had visions. In fact, the last time he had it was almost five years ago, before he took Obi-Wan as his apprentice ? when he had been reluctant to take Obi-Wan as his apprentice. Qui-Gon frowned at the thought, wondering why it had come up now. It wasn?t as if he was thinking the Force manifested itself into visions when he was deviating from its will, from the right, from the expected, so much that he was going to change the entire future.

Qui-Gon frowned even more. If he hadn?t taken Obi-Wan as his apprentice, then Obi-Wan would have become a farmer, using what little knowledge he had to help grow plants?

He deliberately yanked his thoughts from that direction. For if he followed them to conclusion, they took him to a place that mirrored his deepest fears, yet, paradoxically, his earnest desires.

It would be wonderful if Obi-Wan?

He heard the beeps just as he came out of the ?fresher, pulling a shirt over his somewhat dry body. Niag was waiting at the door. Frowning, Qui-Gon threw the spare towel in his hands onto the bed and crossed the room over to open the door.

Qui-Gon didn?t know what he had been expecting to see when he opened the door, but he was immensely relieved to that the ambassador wasn?t panting or pacing around impatiently, which was what Qui-Gon noticed him doing when he had a bad news to tell.

Niag took in Qui-Gon?s wet hair.

?I seem to have come at a bad time, Master Jedi,? Niag said apologetically. ?I will come back later.?

?Not necessary, Ambassador Niag,? said Qui-Gon graciously, even though all he wanted to do at the moment was lie down for a nap. ?Please do come in.? Qui-Gon moved back to allow Niag in.

?Actually, I was hoping you would come with me,? Niag said. Qui-Gon looked at him with a raised eyebrow, and he added hastily, ?We may have some new leads regarding the destruction of the Black and the Red squadrons.?

?Oh?? Qui-Gon wanted to know everything right here, right now, but Niag was not given the authority to reveal all that information.

He only gulped, and said, motioning down the corridor, ?This way??

Qui-Gon nodded and quickly followed Niag.

Coruscant might be the center of the Republic, a technological wonder of the galaxy, the headquarters of the Jedi Knights, and redoubt of the Imperial Senate, but it was no place to live. It was a planet, but it wasn?t a world.

The imperial gem was a safe haven for some of the worst criminals alive in the galaxy?in that sense, it probably rivaled even Tatooine or Black Moon. The satirically named ?Coruscant Underground? consisted of those one- or two-storied buildings that had been built so long ago, they were crushed under the weight of the massive skyscrapers that now stood in their place.

Many of the buildings were now used mainly for garbage disposals and such, but recently, warlords and criminals had seized control, making it their playground. It was the perfect place for them to meet?right under the nose of the Jedi, the last place where the Sith were expected to hide.

A black figure moved gracefully down the dark, d

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Jedi_Knight150 : New reader. :) Thank you.

Aunecah

19. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    D'oh! You left it at a cliffie!

Of sorts. :p

Okay, Sidious wants Obi. I kinda speculated that was why Dooku was hanging around, sort of, but...

Aw heck, "Officially Confused" Club ready to meet! Marshmallows are free!

I need more! :_|

20. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Wow... gone for a few days and I had so much to catch up on!! So many questions! I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait...!

I was very much intrigued by the statement that the same dream could be interpreted differntly by different people... hmmm... Can't wait for more!

I will be patient... I will be patient... I will be patient...

21. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Suzuran : You are still confused? [face_plain] Shame on you. 8-} Anyway, I kind-a figured that you would figure out that's why Dooku's hanging around Riva. ;)

Havoc_2Nite : You ask for a post, and I'm handing it over to you on a silver platter. Make sure you take good care of it. ;)

. . . .

Her name was Shmi Skywalker. She struck Obi-Wan as a type of person who was nice and kind. His heart leaped out in a sudden pang when he remembered that she was a slave. He couldn?t explain the pang. It wasn?t from the Force; at least not entirely. It was a voice that had been buried a long time ago.

There was something familiar about her.

The woman slowly lowered her hand and rubbed it on her dress. Obi-Wan?s mind almost didn?t register the movement. Then, his Jedi instincts kicked in.

?My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi,? he said hurriedly, reaching out his hand. The woman stared at him, her eyes narrowing. Obi-Wan wondered what she was thinking. He couldn?t sense her emotions, much less her thoughts, and it made him wonder if Shmi was a Force-sensitive.

It was possible, of course, given the strength of her character and the ripples of Force that surrounded her, but the problem was that he had never heard of a Force-sensitive who wasn?t a Jedi having shields. And Shmi most certainly was shielding.

Her hand shook slightly when it came into contact with Obi-Wan?s. She let go extremely quickly. Obi-Wan gave her a curious look, but otherwise didn?t comment on her odd behavior.

?This is my companion, Kala Tural.? He had no idea why he was telling all that to her. ?We are here looking for information.?

?Yes, Watto told me.? Obi-Wan abruptly became aware of the Toydarian flying in the dark corners. He straightened, becoming more alert; he didn?t feel too comfortable in the Toydarian?s presence.

?What kind of information are you looking for??

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to respond, realized that he had no idea what he wanted to say, and then closed it again.

It occurred to him that he couldn?t as well go and ask Shmi, ?Do you happen to know any prominent group of illicit antagonists that is interested in a planet called Riva? You would be especially helpful if you could give us the directions to where they live on Tatooine. Thank you very much.?

Also, he wasn?t sure he wanted to say anything more than absolutely necessary in front of Watto. He usually didn?t react this strongly to creatures that he thought were best left alone. It was almost as if Obi-Wan suspected Watto of being involved in some sinister scheme.

?We ? actually will come back later,? Obi-Wan told Shmi loudly, making sure Watto could hear it as well.

Shmi shrugged. ?As you wish.? If Obi-Wan were to guess, he would have thought Shmi was even a little relieved at his words. Everything was becoming very confusing.

Watto snarled from the back corner, as if he thought Shmi should have insisted that she could help Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan smiled at her, gave Watto a small bow, and then turned around, taking hold of Kala?s hand, for the other had a look on her face that suggested she was going to protest. Ignoring her surprise and glare, he marched out of the junk shop.

He didn?t let go of her hand even after he was out in the stifling streets, under the evening sun.

22. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    I was right!

So, if Shmi is here, then is Anakin around? Hmm, Obi is, what, 17 or so? Or more? I forgot. :( That means Anakin is a baby. Or at least 3, at most.

As to why she seems to be shielding...hmmm...

*goes into the corner of the "Officially Speculating" Club*

Does Sidious have anything to do with it?

23. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I was right about the woman being Shmi. But now I'm worried about Obi-Wan. Sidious wants the poor kid. :(

Please please post more!

24. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Oh wow....

Ok too many questions are raging in my mind...so I will go with the formost ones...

First...What does Sidious want Obi?

2. What evidince was found?

3. What the heck is going on with Shimi and Obi?

PLEASE POST SOON!!

PT

25. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I knew it was Shmi! Wait a second.... I'm confused. If Obi-Wan sees Darth Maul, wouldn't he know that the Sith were still around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.