NR election

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ValinHalcyon, Oct 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    We thank you Valin. As we thank everyone else whether they voted for us or not. Because in not voting for us the people have shown they are not satisfied with the current rate of progress and who be it to stand in the way of the people? For what is the government for, but an institution for the people to serve their intrests
  2. HellSpit Jedi Master

star 4
    Hell says that Winter must win of the NR wants to survive the vong invasion.
  3. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    my only regret here is the miniscule voter turnout
  4. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    I must respectfully disagree. Fey'lya has more experince with the Vong and at commanding an entire navy than Winter. However we can never win unless we put aside our petty diffrences and work together to achieve a common good
  5. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think we should hold elections at the release of every book to see if the opinion changes from somthing Fey'lya or someone else did. I could host them. Even though I couldn't campaign I still would post a thread.
  6. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    i think you mean we caesar, you have shown how the campaigning is to be conducted and we will make the bookly post
  7. NotQuiteSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    My vote---Winter Chelchu.
  8. HellSpit Jedi Master

star 4
    The reason we would win if Winter was elected is because she would let the military free of Borsk's leash and Hell has no futy like a woman scorned(hmm maybe the vong kill Tycho after she get in office now she would demand vengence and start massive ship bildup and conscription)
  9. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you Valin I think that will be a great idea!
  10. HellSpit Jedi Master

star 4
    So Winter pretty much wins eh?
  11. junio Jedi Master

star 4
    My vote goes to Leia Organa Solo.
  12. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Leia lost the primaries, you may now vote for only Borsk or Winter
  13. G'rfeeld Mandrell Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok, I know that I said I wasn't gonna be there, but I was lucky and was able to come a little. This will be my last post in the campaign, the real reason being that due to reparations they will cut the power to my house tonight, but the campaign's reason being visiting the refugies.

Borsk Fey'lya is currently a better choice than Winter because he remained in actives politics even after the peace treaty, and I think Winter surely quited at the same time as Leia (and she wasn't really in active politics). Also the Senate is Pro-Fey'lya, and the battle of Ithor raised his image. The most important is to let Admiral Kre'fey to be in charge of the Navy, and yes, if they offer help the "classics" commanders (like Ackbar) should come back.
    Well, my personnal campaign for this book end with this: Keep Fey'lya as the president, he has a strategy to help the Republic win, so we must not cut it in the middle.
  14. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hellspit, the Borsk campaign has not and WILL not concied defeat until 11:00 EST. I still have 2 hours. You may have 20 votes and we 15 but 6 people may just happen by and vote Borsk. Though it is unlikley one should never lose hope until it's all over and done with. If however we do lose we will depart with some kind words and leave graciously. We care about what the people think and if they don't want us in office, then we shouldn't be in office.
  15. checkfern Jedi Padawan

I don't usually post, but well, I will do it that time.

I vote for Borsk.
  16. HellSpit Jedi Master

star 4
    Well maybe Ceaser

And who cares if the senate is Pro Fel'ya if they dont support Winter my uber Jedi powers will neutralize them.

Also Winter will have the people in mind due to the fact I am supporting her.

And finaly Winter would be better then Leia who was the best pres of the NR cause dont forget Winter has the Holo memory and did help Leia alot.
  17. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    As of 11:00PM EST tonight I shall resign as Chief of Staff to Channcelor Borsk Fey'lya. I am giving my post to G'rfreeld Mandrell, the current press secretary. I am resigning because I have decided to take a post and work with Valin in upcoming elections. I believe it is my responsibility to the people to remain impartial and my position as Chief of Staff may sway their vote. So I want to thank G'rfeeld Mandrell, all those who voted for us, Valinhalcyon, and especially a good friend Chief Borsk Fey'lya. Thank you all!
  18. Rokangus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    (sound of Rokangus running breathlessly back from his IME class)

Shoot! I just read your post, Grandadmiralceasar! Sorry this wasn't prompt. Jesus, I fell like an ungrateful boob.

You're very welcome GAC, is it okay to call you that? I have also appreciated your entusiasum and effort to make this election worthwhile. I must be honest; I didn't give Borsk much of a chance based on my initial opinion of him. But you showed otherwise, both in your posts and in the polls. It speaks volumes of both yours and G'rfeeld Mandrell's skills as both Chief of Staff and Press Secretary respectively.

I agree, despite the outcome, we should work together. Both candidates voice important views that should not be ignored. It is both Winter's and my hope that the two parties can reconcile our views in the wake of the election. Our goals are not too different from what I have read in your posts. Compromises can surely be made.

Also I want to apologize for my reckless actions while I headed up the Unofficial Winter Campaign Committee. It was extremely unprofessional of me.

Wow, so it's almost over. I almost don't know what to do with myself. With Winter off helping Leia Organa Solo with SELCORE, I can hardly start spewing new policy without her say-so. I guess I'll just field any last-minute questions.
  19. hxzhan00 Jedi Padawan

20. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you very much Rokangus, I am glad to see we see eye to eye on some things and yes you may call GAC, or Caez, or whatever as long as it is good taste.
  21. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Winter- 20 votes
    Borsk- 17 votes

It's gonna be a close race!
  22. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. HellSpit Jedi Master

star 4
  25. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight