main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NR election

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ValinHalcyon, Oct 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I would have nominated Gilad Pellaeon.

Well, it would be rather interesting.

2. GrandAdmiralCaesar

GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2000
    Sorry Genghis12, but nominations are over,
    this means its time to vote for the canidate,
    So I urge you, ::eek:n my knees::, I beg of you vote for the canidate who cares, vote Fey'lya. a vot for President Fey'lya is a vote towards progress.

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000
    'cause we care about YOU!

3. G'rfeeld Mandrell

G'rfeeld Mandrell Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    Yes, vote for Fey'lya, he have so much experience in the politic arena. And yes, he is there to represent all of you, he will protect your rights, because he care for YOU!

4. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!
    (or sister)

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000
    'cause he cares about YOU!

5. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    I'm going to give a write-in vote for Garm Bel Iblis.

6. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    You can only vote for
    Leia
    Winter
    Ackbar
    Wedge
    Borsk

Of all these you must vote for borsk, he really cares. A vote for Fey'lya is a vote for progress.

VOTE FEY'LYA

7. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    I have done poll
    Of the regestered voters I talied from this board

18.2% for Leia
    18.2% for for Ackbar
    0% for Winter
    27.3% for Wedge
    and
    36.4% for Borsk Fey'lya

c'mon borsk. Let's win. A vote for Borsk is a vote for progress and stability

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000

8. ValinHalcyon

ValinHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2000
    then well get more voters on the board, borsk will fail the republic

9. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    NO!, Borsk is a good leader and has much more political experience than the other canidates. Only Borsk has your best intrests at heart. A vote for Borsk is a vote for progress and stability.

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000

10. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    A vote for Borsk is a vote for the Yuzzhan Vong!

Vote Winter Celchu, for our children!

11. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    No, winter does not have what it takes to lead the Republic!She will let the Vong destroy us! Vote Fey'Lya he will keep us safe from the evil Yuuzies.
    The evils of school have forced me to go to bed, but I shall return and campaign for the great Borsk tomarrow. Remember, a vote for Borsk is a vote for progress and stability.

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000

12. GrandAdmiralCaesar

Oct 10, 2000
    whoops double post!!

13. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    Borsk repeats himself because he doesnt have any policy at all!

14. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    Well I belive HellSpit wont lead you astray so vote HellSpit

15. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    you cant its only for EU characters, and oyu didnt nominate him in time your choices are:

Leia
    Ackbar
    Borsk
    Winter
    Wedge

16. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    Well Winter is pretty hot she has my vote.
    Ackbar is a fish.
    Thrawn would win if he was there.
    And Corran would kick some ass as well.
    cin>>
    cout<<

17. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    Vote Winter Celchu, the storm maker fo Coruscant.

18. ValinHalcyon

Aug 31, 2000
    Due to the fact Leno is on in 2 minutes (Eastern Time) ill go...

Remember

19. NotQuiteSane

NotQuiteSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    I vote for Winter as well.
    Ackbar and Wedge are too military-minded, though with the Vong invasion, that's what the NR really needs. However, they need more than military prowress to be good leaders.
    Borsk..I have two words as to what I think about Borsk, and I can't say them because lil kids might be reading this.
    Leia is weighted enough already with refugee problems, she doesn't need a whole other load of political and social responsibilities. She also has a family to take care of.
    Winter. She has time, the skill, the mind, and the support of nearly everyone. No other could be more perfect than she. Vote for Winter

20. Ganner

Ganner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2000
    I vote for Winter. I think her calmness and photographic memory would really work well in the Senate.

21. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I vote for Winter. I think she would be a good choice.

22. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Winter for President!!!

23. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    My vote goes to Winter. She has the political skills to keep the senate in line. And her Vice President, Tycho Celchu, has the military background to keep the Yuzzhan Vong running. :)

24. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Excellent, I just found this thread, and my original thought was to vote for Winter as well. It's good to see she's finally getting some attention. Now for some campaining.

The proponents of Borsk say he is an ideal choice because of his background in politics. Well, Winter has served in politics alomst her whole life, assisting Princess Leia in the Court of Alderaan. She knows the system. She knows what to do. She is just as qualified for the job as any other candidate.

Winter is also an ideal candidate because she will be bringing integrity and honor into the government. Where was Borsk's integrity and honor when he tried to frame the New Republic hero Ackbar, for the sole purpose of political gain.

The proponents of Borsk also claim that because of his recent term of office, that he deserves another. Looking at his term of office we have seen the Senate return to the final days of the Old Republic, where the senate is bogged down with proceedures that have little to do with the wellbeing of the NR, and more to do with the wellbeing of the individual senators. Borsk has done nothing about this. He even encouraged such practice, in his recent decision to move the NR fleet to protect his homeworld of Bothawui, while the world of Fondor fell the Vong.

Speaking of the Vong, the Borsk campaign claims that Winter would put the NR at the mercy of the Vong. This is simply not true. Winter was well known in the days of the Rebel Alliance for her work as an intelligence operative, an especially dangerous field. She would not simply roll over and die before the Vong, she will fight back. Which is more than could be said for Borsk, who has never served in any branch of the military.

Also, we must not forget that Borsk was the one who had first urged that the Vong were not a threat. If he would have had his way, the Vong would be at Coruscant's doorstep this very day! Only decisive action by the NR military corrected Borsk's misjudgment.

We must now consider the facts. Borsk is not fit to lead in such a time of crisis. Leia lacks the support of the rest of the government. Wedge has no true desire for politics. Even Ackbar is past his glory days. Winter is the clear choice. Her fresh perspective is what will revitalize the New Republic.

Vote Winter! For integrity. For honor. For the wellbeing of the New Republic

25. Cyclonetrooper

Cyclonetrooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2000
    I vote for Borsk, so the NR will fall apart and the Empire will return. Long live the New Order!

For the position of Supreme Commander, I nominate Admiral Gilad Pellaeon and Admiral Traest Kre'frey as his running mate, General Wedge Antilles as Chief of Staff, Admiral Voss Parck as Intelligence Chief and First Guardsman Kir Kanos as High Stormtrooper Commissar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.