NR election

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ValinHalcyon, Oct 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G'rfeeld Mandrell Jedi Knight

star 1
    In addition of posting the 200th message of this election, I would like to reactive it.

If we let it die, we won't be able to have our voices heard.
  2. HellSpit Jedi Master

star 4
    I VOTE WINTER

all who do not will fall to my Uber Jedi powers
  3. Rokangus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would like to take this moment to remind everyone to vote tomorrow. Remember, voting is your civic duty. It isn't mandatory, but if you don't vote, then you're only hurting yourself.

So go out tomorrow and vote. The New Republic depends on the hard work and diligence of its citizen's just as much as it does on its leadership.

(Brought to you by the Official Winter Campaign Committee.)
  4. Ryti_Shatu Jedi Padawan

I think Winter Celchu would make a good chief of State. I'll vote for her.
  5. DaJames Force Ghost

star 4
    What has Borsk done for us in the past year?
    We citizens of the New Republic have had chaos, war, destruction, and heretic invaders for neighbours. Borsk Failure's government has done nothing to prevent this !!

It is time for a return to the golden days, when law, justice, and a just a little civil unrest were the order of the day

Bring back the SITH !!!!
    (Order of the Dark Lords of the Sith, building a better future for everyone)

If you have trouble finding the Sith voting ballot near you, vote Winter.

:) BTW, someone ages ago asked me where i got Borsk Failure from. Sorry it took so long, i haven't come in here in a while. I'd like to take credit for it, 'cept i'd probably be sued or something. Anyway, i got from a SW Interative Story page, it used to be at www.swis.com but i think they moved. It was an alternate universe story where Thrawn was on the Rebels' side and he liked to mispronounce Borsk's name.)
  6. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, Valin could I get the just of what votes count and wich don't.
  7. G'rfeeld Mandrell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since the nomination of Borsk Fey'lya as president of the Republic, everything is going very well. Yes, we are having some troubles with the Vong, but we plan on increasing the role of Admiral Traest Kre'fey in the war and let him be the supreme commander of our fleet. You have no proofs that we have failed in our social duties. The list of what the reforms we instored is very long, and they are all for your own good. We will soon instore a improved medical insurance program (one that will made almost all medical intervention of all sort free), invest even more in the educational system and we will also increase the amout of money we give to the families with childrens. We also helped compagnies to have a better growth, and we have created a employment insurance policy, making sure that everybody can live in good condition with the monthly payment of the New Republic Social Department. The project R-20 will protect the citizens who were forced to go away from their houses by creating a colony either in the Deep Core of on the fring of the Unknow Region where we will help them restoring their lives. We will also engage private transportation compagnies in addition to all the cargos that the New Republic Army and Navy can dispatch. And all these good reforms are just the beginning, because we care for YOU! We already said it and we think it, all of you are the backbone of the New Republic, and because it's YOUR Republic, Borsk Fey'lya will make it work for YOU!!
    He always followed his people wishes, first as the Senator from Bothawui, now as the President of the Republic. He was in the active politic since 20 years at least, years of representing YOU in the gouvernement.

I will personnaly visit the refugies camps as the delegate of Borsk Fey'lya to them, and I will begin the first part of the Project R-20. That's why it's possible that I won't be able to be there for the end of the campaign, because the people is important to us!!

When it will be the time to vote, elect Borsk Fey'lya, do this for YOU! We care about YOU!

I will see you all after my visit of the refugies, and I'm sorry to be unable to stay until the end.
  8. frozeniceman Jedi Padawan

ok, it's the last day, so I will vote.

My vote is going to Borsk Fey'lya, the "progressive-conservative" candidate as somebody said ( He is also the current president).
  9. Red-Seven Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I vote Borsk!

Don't change horses in the middle of the stream.
  10. RNolan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I vote Borsk .Winter strikes me as being 'amoral', the type not above killing someone in cold blood, for the greater good .Better the Devil you know....
  11. Rokangus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Winter is not amoral. Yes, she has killed people while she served for New Republic intelligence, but it was all in the line of duty, not cold-hearted murder.

Several memebers of the New Republic have killed people. The list goes on and on: Wedge, Tycho, Ackbar, Han, Leia, Lando, Corran, Bel-Iblis, Reeikan,...it just keeps going. Even Luke Skywalker has killed some people in his life-time. But do we decry these people as amoral? No, these are our heroes the kind of people we look up to and respect.

From a certain point of view, even Borsk, our current Chief of Staff, has indirectly killed people by sending them off to fight the Vong. But is this wrong? Of course not, the people he is sending to fight the Vong knew what they were getting into by joining the New Republic military. There's absolutely nothing amoral about that at all.

Winter is not amoral. She risked her life on the asteroid planet of Anoth to protect the child of Leia Organa Solo from a renegade Imperial Ambassador who attempted to take the child by force. Winter abhors the ideals and ruthlessness of the late Emperor Palpatine. At one of the early meetings of the fledgling Rebel Alliance she is quoted saying:

"...I looked into his eyes. I cannot forget them, no matter how I try. Emperor Palpatine is *evil*. Unnatural, in some strange way. He frightened me. He was...malevolent. That's the only word that fits."

"You don't want to meet him. Those eyes of his...they fasten on you, and you feel as though they will drink up your spirit..."
    (Rebel Dawn, pgs. 34-35)

True, Winter has taken decisive action in the past, but we need someone with that kind of spirit to lead the new Republic in this hour of greatest need.

Winter will be going out to meet with her friend Leia to personally aid with the SELCORE effort. She believes that everyone must do their part to help their fellow being. If elected she wishes to relocate the remains of the Fondor shipyards to a new safe location in order to effect some sor t of repairs on the damaged shipyards. She understands the strain other ship-building facilities are feeling with the halted production and at Fondor, and hopes to reopen the yards as soon as repairs are effected.

Some of you may be thinking Winter's focus is on fighting the war. Well it is. After all, what good are social reforms if the galaxy is swallowed whole by the threat of the Vong. However, Winter is not ammune to the needs of the citizens. Far from it. She has promised to keep the major reforms instigated by the present administration. Completely redoing the social reforms would be a distraction and ultimately unecessary when faced with a threat of the Vong.
    In addition however, Winter would hope to see a bill pass that would make it easier for educational bonds to be passed. With the destruction of the great learning center on Obroa-Skai, Our educational facilities have been hit hard. Such bonds would help expand our present educational facilities to refill the void.

(Brought to you by the Official Winter Campaign Committee.)

12. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    When you make the commparision to us calling winter amoral and that being the same as palpitine your way off. Palpy was plain evil, Winter is good. Anyone for the most part who joins ANY intelligence agency has to have some lack of morals. Winter as an itellengnce agent would be forced to kill people in the name of a cause.
  13. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    ok

1. This is the most post a thread of mine has ever gotten, so thank you all!

2. Due to my level of sleep deprevation this electoin will be finalized at 11:00 (est) or 8:00(pcf)

3. Caesar the current proximity to the closing warrants a post of the figures.
  14. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
  15. Darthgig Jedi Padawan

Whoa, some of you guys are taking this way too seriously. Especially the people who are pretending to actually be running their own campaigns. But what the Hell, it looks like fun so I'll vote.

From what I've read in the EU novels, Winter seems like a decent person, and she really hasn't done anything big in a while. I think she'd do okay as the leader of the New Republic. She always seemed a lot like Mon Mothma. Real wise and all.

So, my vote is with Winter.
  16. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    ok here goes...

Leia: 2%- 1 vote
    Ackbar: 2%- 1 vote
    Wedge: 10%- 4 votes
    Borsk: 40%- 15 votes
    Winter: 43%- 16 votes

Valin please count the votes too, there could be error. (not intentional of course)
  17. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I understand, but i have not seen any errors yet, and due to your fairness and my former leanings, i thought that the public would prefer it if you did the polls.
  18. Eetchomama Jedi Padawan

Wow, guys looks like a tough race. I have to disagree with Darth Gig though, on one thing. Who cares if someone wants to take something like this seriously? i think that if people like Grandadmiralcaesar, Rokangus, and G'feeld Mandrell want to pretend like they have real campaigns going let them. It'll keep them out of trouble.

I guess I need to vote don't I? I hate to lose, and winter appears to winning right now, so I'll vote for her. How bad can she be if she has someone like Leia for a friend. Leia was Chief of Staff, maybe Winter would've picked up a few tricks of the trade.
  19. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
  20. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, I think it's time to say you can only vote for either Winter or Borsk

Winter 17
    Borsk 15

For those of you voting for winter on the sole basis that she is wining, if you vote for Fey'lya he'll win and you can take credit for helping him win!

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000
    'cuase we care about YOU!

21. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes agreed at this point all votes go to either winter or Borsk, so those who voted for Leia Wedge or Ackbar change your vote now so it is not wasted
  22. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Remember a vote for Borsk is one for peace, stability and prosperity. Like the wise men say, it isn't good to change horses in midstream.

VOTE FEY'LYA 2000
    'cause we care about YOU!

AS the votes now stand:

Winter- 18 votes
    Borsk- 15 votes

Remember if you vote for Borsk he'll win then you can take credit for helping him! (for those of you who vote soley on whose winning)
  23. 1800CallAWookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I vote for Winter...Borsk is an underhanded lying furball out for his own motives, while Winter is well versed in politics, military, diplomatic duties, and is a kind and HONEST person, out for the good of others. Go Winter!
  24. GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would just like to say on behalf of Chief Fey'lya that you at the Winter campaign have run an exceptional campaign and have been worthy opponents. I hope in the future, regardless of the outcome of the election that we should work together to achieve an end to this bloody conflict as well as help the people of the republic.

as the votes stand:

Winter: 19 votes
    Borsk: 15 votes

2 hours 45 minutes left
  25. ValinHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    i must say i am inspired at Caesar's good manner and high level of kindness even though his party is behind, this is a very important thing that is often forgotten in politics and i applaud him for such honorable behavior.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.