main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NR/GFFA's views on Clone Troops

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LordJoda-181, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I'm sure it says it in some book, but I don't know where. Do they use clones? If no, Why Not? Which Books give a definitive answer?

If this is a repeat thread I'll lock it.

2. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I could be wrong, but I believe clone troops are more or less frowned upon by the NR/GFFA.

3. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Clones are too expensive and slow, and the benefits of clones in combat don't outweigh the benefits of masses of conventional soldiers.

Simply put, it would be a detriment to the NR/GFFA to purchase mass amounts of cloning vats, then growing the clones and equipping them when it would be so much easier to simply use a few trillion soldiers trained the conventional way. In the Clone Wars, they could get away with using a few million clones. In the modern times, however, wars can be raging on hundreds or thousands of planets each day, requiring far larger numbers of soldiers. Furthermore, battles and conquests are more space-centric nowadays, which require vast, diverse and multi-talented crews, which clones are not ideal for.

4. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    They don't approve, considering the disdain and schock felt when they discovered the clones used by Thrawn.

I think battledroid technology has advanced far enough where they're superior to flesh and blood troops, such as Dark Troopers, SD-9s and SD-10s, and YVH droids, just to name a few.

Also, ground engagements are small and sporadic, usually supported by a fleet. Most flesh troops or SpecForces, which seem to be the bulk of the Rebel Alliance/NR/GFFA's ground forces. Highly mobile troops that can do things that can't be accomplished by orbital bombardment or starfighter strikes. But no need for a large army. I think the Clone Wars saw the demise of large planetary-based battles.

5. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Well I'm asking because I'm working on a Fanfic, and I was wondering if it would be illogical for there to be a squad of troops with a few clones mixed in with some regulars.

6. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    they frown upon it, its evident from when they see Thrawns troops

EDIT: just read replys, someone already answered, o well. anyway good luck on the fanfic joda

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Hmm... considering that it's now been retconned that stormtroopers were always clones, in spite of the popular prejudice against them, I'd say that the gap between what the citizenry believes and what the government actually does needn't be exclusive to the Empire...

It's also possible,of course, that some of Thrawn's clones would defect or link up with NR/Alliance forces, as the Fel clones do in VotF...

- The Imperial Ewok

8. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Great Idea McEwok, that could really add some depth to the clones. Being created for loyalty who are defectors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.