main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NRM] Brakiss: Family Matters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This guy (not the Megatron wannabe)...

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/f/f0/Brakiss_and_Kueller.jpg]

is the brother of this girl....

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/a/ab/Sariss.jpg]

who has already been confirmed to be the daughter of this guy....

[image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/7/77/LordShadowSpawn.JPG]

who has no definitive name.

Nor wife, for that matter. Which is the key! Shadowspawn/Blackhole/Cronal (the debate seems to have been recently reopened as to whether they will eventually be reconciled into the same individual someday) is still a sketchy character in the EU who has no wife, yet still sired a daughter. And he sure as heck can't use the old "There was no mother... only the Force" excuse. (I think.)

And where is Brakiss' daddy? I've been checking up on The New Rebellion for this theory, and lo and behold, the EU's got absolutely nothing on the fellow. We've got Brakiss' poor, forgotten mom on Msst, but no dad.

And doesn't Brakiss sound an awful lot like... say... Sariss?

My theory is that Cronal was a playboy in the league of Palps (the Imperial Palace was a batchelor pad back in the day), had a couple of illigitimate children, and left them on crappy backwater worlds like Msst and Dromaand Kaas. He had them trained (Brakiss was part of the Inquisitorius, after all, as was Sariss' good buddy and Cronal's apprentice, Jerec), and yet made sure neither knew who their father really was. He trained them enough to stick with the Dark Side to the bitter end, which resulted in their semi-tragic demises (both seemed to have a hope for redeeming themselves, but neither grasped it in time). And you thought Vader was a poor example for a father.

ArindaRise likes this.
  2. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Interesting. I never thought of that before. Are there any things that can goes against this theory, however?

3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    it... fits!

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Brakiss.
    Bra-kiss.
    Kiss the Bra.

These were the insinuations that deluged my mind as I first read New Reb way back when. I debated whether it was a some joke or not. Just look at the syllables. That, and why he was childish, simplistic. Getting three saber fights in the book, short asas they were, rare in those days, diverted my attention.

ArindaRise likes this.
  5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Cronal was still kicking around as of post Byss.

He would have probably at least tried to contact Brakiss if he knew about him (force sensitives aren't exactly waiting to be found on every street corner, especially after the Purge)

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Bra-kiss?

Personally, I've always had a problem with the word Massassi, but that's just me.

Anywho, Pelranius, Cronal never let on to Sariss that he was her father. I figure he was in charge of taking Brakiss away from his mom when it was discovered that he was Force sensitive, but like Sariss, he never approached Brakiss with the intention of revealing his identity. If he had, he might have felt obligated to take his son to see a shock-ball tournament or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.