main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NRW] Filling the gaps in Sith history

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlii, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlii

Charlii Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    The week is almost over, I'll give you one more retcon for the competition. Or rather a lot of retcons...

Filling the gaps in Sith history - a National Retcon Week project
    (aka. Abel G Peña's to-do list ;) )

For easy reading; every retcon is underlined, comments are italic

Ancient History:

First of all, we really need to establish how developed the Sith were at the time of the Rataka invasion and afterwards. The Sith did not have FTL technology prior to the invasion, they might or might not had sublight spaceflight, it doesn't really affect their ability to battle and win over the Rataka.
    Ok, they had to have some kind of spaceflight. Otherwise we have real trubble explaining the Killik Sith, but that is an other part of Galactic history.
    After the war they manage to create Hyperspace capable ships from salvaged Ratakan tech and later colonize Ziost, Malachor and Krayiss.
    In the millennia between the war and the arrival of the Exiles, the Sith had numerous Kings, who sometimes ruled the entire Empire and sometimes just parts of it. Those aren't that interesting. What is are the Shadow Hands. Adas left his holocron in the hands of his advisor, his Shadow Hand. The Exiles were later assisted by the current Shadow Hand in throwing out the King. It isn't directly stated, but I want a retcon stating that the Afterwards the Shadow Hand gave them Adas old Holocron. The Hands formed a unbroken lineage between Adas and the Exiles, beeing the real rulers of the Sith empire and by continuing Adas research into the Dark Side forming the base of the modern Sith philosophy. They were from a family that after the war would be known as Darth, the Victorious in the Ratakan language.
    In this way the theory about Ratakan origin for the title Darth can be preserved, and also how it was eventually passed to the Dark Lords. Most of this is expanded from Evil Never Dies

The Great Hyperspace War and afterwards:

The Republic forces completely destroyed the Sith species after the great war. Some abandoned installations survived, such as Malachor and Krayiss, as well as a few pockets of exiled Sith (The True Sith and Sadows followers), but the former core of the Empire was devastated. Centuries later, Freedon Nadd fell to the Dark Side, found Adas holocron and later somehow managed to track Sadow to Yavin IV. There he awakened the sleeping Dark Lord and became his apprentice. They left Yavin together with a number of Massassi guards and travelled to Korriban. There Sadow, unsatisfied with his rather weak apprentice, said that Nadd could never become a true Dark Lord. Nadd attacked and killed the aged and weakened Sith for that comment. He fled the enraged Massassi and later came to Onderon.
    This solves the fact that Nadd is both said to be a DL and in other sources said to never have become one. It also explains why Sadows tomb is on Korriban and how there could be a half-breed Massassi living there a few hundred years later (Shadows and Light).

The Sith War:

After the defeat of Ulic Qel-Droma, Exar Kun and the Mandalorians, the remaining Sith forces retreated to the Empress Teta system. When the Republic forces finally defeated the Krath forces the Brotherhood of the Sith had been nearly destroyed. Some, like Larad Noon and Suvaam Tan, had deserted the Sith and fled while others had been killed. Most of the survivors fled to the Tapani sector to join the Mecrosa Sith cult, but were slain during the Cleansing of the Nine Houses. A small group, including two of Kun's original followers, escaped to the abandoned Sith planet of Korriban, where they settled together with the few surviving Massassi, close to the Valley of the Sith. As the only survivors of the Sith teachings, their leader proclaimed himself the new Dark Lord and promised his followers that the Sith should rise again. A few years later the ever-greedy Czerka corporation settled on Korriban, founding a small settlement. The Sith saw the opportunity to

2. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Wow, that's amazing. =D=

3. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Rakata hyperdrive works by detectinga planet with strong force users and going towards it. For the Sith to go to Ziost with it, it would imply they had already been there.

I myself like it as a whole, but I don't really like the whole "Sith being primitive-ish" (I've always pictured their society as a mildly technological one (think BSG TNS).

4. Charlii

May 16, 2005
    Since both the Corellians and the Tionese managed to create working hyperdrives from the Ratakan version, I guess the Sith could too. And the Sith have always been shown as primitive, especially when they first met the Exiles, but also two thousand years later; what we see in Golden Age of the Sith is basicly a medieval civilization with spaceships.

/Charlii

5. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    good ideas :D

A few thoughts.

Nadd wasn?t weak he was very powerful, the old Jedi council believed that he would be the youngest ever Jedi to achieve the rank of master. Sadow rejected Nadd as an apprentice because Nadd refused to aid Sadow in his quest for eternal life (later Nadd unsuccessfully tried to get Kun to finish Sadows work).

As for Nihilus I suppose it all depends on what happens in the KOTOR story ark. I think its odd that Nihilus can wipe out whole planets yet isn?t anywhere to be seen until he leads the coup against Traya.

How about this

After the events of the battle of Malachor 5, Revan (who has come to the conclusion that the survivors of the sith empire are preparing to attack the galaxy) & some jedi are investigating the ruins when they come across a survivor.

This survivor (Nihilus) was able to survive the destruction of Malachors surface by feeding off the life essences of those around him. Nihilus immediately begins to strip the very life force from Revan & his fellow jedi, the jedi quickly die, Revans will however allows him to feed off the primal sith energies within Malachor 5, he is able to repulse Nihilus.

In doing so Revan sees the power that the darkside offers, he subsequently sets about crowning himself the new dark lord of the sith & plans to conquer the galaxy in the hope of strengthening it in preparation for the true sith invasion.

Revan fearful of the destruction Nihilus could cause, locks him away within the Traya academy.

Years later after the redemption of Revan & the fall of Malak, fallen Jedi Kreia (now head of the Traya academy) takes Sion as her apprentice.

Sion proves to be ambitious however, he comes to an agreement with Nihilus. He will release Nihilus, if Nihilus aids him in overthrowing Kreia.

Nihilus does just that, he strips Kreia of the force & leaves Sion to finish the job, but Kreia escapes. Sion begins his quest to eliminate whatever jedi remain. While Nihilus begins his quest to feed.

6. Charlii

May 16, 2005
    Where is that info about Nadd and Sadow from? Factfiles? I've never heard it before.

The idea of Nihilus beeing trapped down in the Trayus Academy sound good, nice twist on the events.

/Charlii

7. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    The bit about Nadd been so great that his masters thought that he could potentially be the youngest jedi master in history comes from the WEG Knights of the old republic source book.

As for the bit about Sadow wanting Nadd to complete his work involving immortality (or bringing the dead by to life, I cant remember which exactly) Its from the original essential chronology.

(I?m at work, the books at home)

It says something like

Nadd made his way to Yavin Four, where he awoke Sadow, Sadow trained Nadd. (It doesn?t mention that Nadd kills Sadow) .

Then later on it says that Nadd corrupted Kun & sent him to Yavin 4 to finish Sadows work which involved bringing the dead back to life (immortality).

I just filled in the blanks

Sadow trains Nadd.
    Sadow is so ancient he is near death.
    Sadow studies how to bring the dead back to life.
    He wants Nadd to aid him in his work.
    Nadd realizes that there can only be one Dark Lord of the Sith at a time and that if he aids Sadow in his alchemy he is in effect preventing himself from becoming the new Dark Lord, so he kills the ancient Sadow. Not before Sadow states that Nadd will never be the true Dark Lord.
    Thousands of years later Nadd is just a spirit caught in limbo, he wants to return to life so he corrupts the most powerful young jedi in the order (Exar Kun) & plans to have Kun finish Sadows experiments & bring him back to life.
    However as soon as Kun is strong enough he destroys Nadds spirit.

It makes it seem that Nadd was been shortsighted, but newly christened sith do tend to be short sighted.

8. Charlii

May 16, 2005
    Ok, But it's still conjecture to put the facts together the way you did. Not that such things are forbidden in this thread, on the contrary.
    We don't know if Naga Sadow was old when Nadd found him, he had been in stasis after all.
    We don't know if he and Nadd continued his experiments on life after death
    We don't know the details about Nadd's status as a Dark Lord or not.

We can however always suggest retcons to clarify this.

/Charlii

9. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Slight problem - Qordis (Darth or otherwise) can't be Rivan's apprentice, since Rivan died long before 1,250 BBY.

(Blame Dan Wallace for switching him and Belia Darzu around in the NSW list of Dark Lords... ;) )

10. Charlii

May 16, 2005
    Thanks, I just placed him there out of old habit. Which isn't really based upon anything more substantial than an old Wooki vandal...

/Charlii

11. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Understandable, my fanon always had Kaan as Rivan's apprentice. Ah well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.