main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NRW] National Retcon Week 2008 (6-12th April)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Meh, plenty of time. :p

Nomi sees the ice sculpture of Andur, hugs Vima - *OFF SCREEN ENCOUNTER* - Ulic is now staring out of the window feeling content. ;)

QuetinGeorge highlighted my problem with this. I simply do not want Revan to be an ancestor of Vima-De-Boda. She's old. Gross!

Nor do I want Sedriss to be a descendant of Revan. I'd rather he came from a bastard Ulic sired while wandering the galaxy aimlessly. :p

Most definitely. If you want to compete, however, I can post the Ben=Luke's grandson retcon of mine. :D

2. Moogi

Moogi Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2007
    I always assumed that Shmi Skywalker was a descendant of Revan and Bastila. No canon evidence for it, but it gives the Skywalker line even more significance. Of course, after four thousand years, Revan and Bastila probably would have had several hundred or even thousand people who could claim lineage from them.

Speaking of the Sunriders, I always thought that Vima would be the Jedi Grand Master at around the Jedi Civil War. Wasn't she supposed to become a really powerful Jedi? Again, there is no evidence, but I like the idea. Unfortunately, it means that she may have died during the First Jedi Purge.

No, for a real retcon, I present to you my theory, which not only explains one of the most annoying ideas in Star Wars, but it also lends Anakin extra Redemption Points. My theory: Anakin Skywalker prevented the Endor holocaust. After dying, Anakin became one with the Force. This happened mere minutes before the Death Star blew up. His Force spirit, wanting to protect his son and those he had fought with, created a Force-shield around Endor, which deflected the majority of the debris from the Death Star.

My last product of my insanity is a retcon of the notions of the Chosen One and the Sith'ari. There is no single 'Chosen One.' The Chosen One is a person who is born every time that evil grows strong in the galaxy. So, we have many Chosen Ones through history. Revan (possibly), the Jedi Exile, Anakin Skywalker, maybe even Cade Skywalker, these are all Chosen Ones from throughout history. The Sith prophecy of the Sith'ari, since it is basically a Sith-ified version of the Chosen One, follows a similar pattern.

3. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    :eek:

I love it. [face_love]

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh, I can predict that. Luke + Leia = Anakin, Anakin + Mara = Ben.[face_mischief]

5. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    :D

Retconsentual Incest!

Han Solo: Feast your eyes on Han Solo, Jr! Isn't he a handsome boy?
    Leia: Han... his name is Anakin. He will be a great Jedi, like his fa-, uh, grandfather.

(the above may have been slightly edited [face_mischief] )

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah, that's beautiful. I don't know why no one ever came up with that before.

Back to Darth. Uli, we may have to make a new thread, soon.
    Considering his training, I find it unlikely that Krayt doesn't know what he's doing. After all, XoXaan is not a Darth, and neither were a good many great Sith Lords. In light of our later discussion, I think it's very likely that he's taken the name as a claim of supremacy - after all, he's planned to change the Sith.
    Notwithstanding, we see how people outside the Darths view the Darths...which is valuable.
    Overlooking our disagreement over why Krayt took the title, I think it's equally likely that most of those Sith were simply named by their masters, inducted into the order by matter of selection and training.
    Indeed.

7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    You're probably right on that point... doesn't make him a legit Darth, however.

If he hasn't ever been trained by a Darth, how can he be?

Oh yeah, for sure - no doubts there. And I certainly think Krayt is powerful enough to be a Darth, but I think the ethos is a vital part of being a legitimate holder of the title.

Yes, I'll give you that.

Haha, indeed. [face_devil]

Yet it would appear that Krayt believes in his ignorance, else he wouldn't be going to the holocrons for knowledge.

Krayt has been rejected as a student by every Darth we've seen in Legacy. How can he not be ignorant if he has never been taught by them? He is claiming supremacy with a new tradition and philosophy over one in which he has never been inducted.

Ultimately our differences are rooted in my belief that the "Darth Tradition" is the "philosophical baggage" and ethos and that the "true authority/supremecy" is a byproduct of that, rather than the source.

That's not to say that those who don't embrace the ethos can't have true authority or supremacy - as Krayt obviously does - just that those two things are not enough to be a true "Darth".

I'd contest that he's like a methodist who has never been educated in Catholicism and knows very little about it crowning himself Pontifex Maximus.

Krayt hasn't "evolved" or "improved" on the Darth Tradition because he was never an initiate of it to begin with, in other words. It's an entirely different philosophy and creed that is incompatible with the ethos that makes a Darth a Darth.

IMO, anyway.

As do I.

I've also got a silly desire to see the ink of Sith tatoos retconned as Sith poison.

That's probably true as well. I imagine there have been many different variations of the "rule of two".

Well, I think they're ignorant of the Dart

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    EDIT: Hey, Uli, this was a big long post in response to yours, but I started a new thread and moved it there. That goes for you to, Arc.

9. ARC-77

ARC-77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Matt, Uli, that's some very interesting speculation/retconning. I really like the idea of there being a specific Darth sect of the Sith. Just wanted to jump in on one point, though.

Technically, Bane was trained by a Darth in the form of Revan's holocron. He may have claimed the title in ignorance, but he spent enough time with the holocron that he could have learned the significance.

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  11. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    Is it too late or can I still post one? :confused:

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Heh. Keep posting until they lock the thread.

13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    We can just post in Sinre's thread when this closes anyway.

They're basically the same thing... [face_whistling]

14. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    My retcon's been kinda held up. :p

- The Imperial Ewok

15. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    My very serious Retcon has to be that Morrigan Corde/Nyna Calixte actual real identity is Celeste Morne. Since even though Morne was created over a year after Corde/Calixte as well as being born about 4,100 years earlier, I shall now explain how this retcon could possibly work. To start off I Celeste has black hair and green eyes whereas Morrigan has blonde hair and green eyes and Nyna has black hair and blue eyes which shows a possible connection that all three are the same person. Also that Celeste Morne intials are CM and reverse them you get MC which can spell Morrigan Corde and that if you change the letter M to the next letter you get NC which of course could get you Nyna Calixte. Also how can Celeste Morne possibly lived that long? It easy if Celeste just goes into a Stasis field then she can survived unage even after 4000 plus years. Which will at least mostly happen since ther evidence that Celeste fights Dart Vader in 19 BBY and from there could go in stasis again until 0 ABY and then yet again until 115 ABY for example. Also it explains why Nyna hates the Sith since she been hating them ever since her name was Celeste. Also if you don't take my word for it then here what Charlemagne19 has said on the matter on the Morrigan: "Phantom Queen & Triple Goddess of War" thread:
    "I was going to suggest that the Celest Morn thing is just fanboyism that we should really avoid, then I stopped a second.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3c/Celeste_Morne.jpg]

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a1/NynaCalixte.jpg]

Hold on a second...

* Has a fanatical hatred of the Sith.

* Is an extraordinarilly capable field agent.

* Is well accustomed to belonging to conspiracies.

* Has no real identity of her own.

* We know will be involved in the Legacy Era somehow.

I don't believe it but it is kinda funny when you take a step back. It's just Celest looks like NYNA while everyone assumes that Morrigan is what she resembles in "real life" when it's possible that Morrigan is just a wig."

So in conclusion the evidence says that Celeste Morne is the real actual identity of Morrigan Corde/Nyna Calixte. :cool:

16. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Eh... it's not really that disturbing. Vima's 16-ish in Redemption - she's definitely no younger than fourteen, but I do think 16 is probably her minimum age - and 16 or so appears to be legal age in that galaxy far, far away. Ulic himself is only 32, so we're not even talking a huge age gap.

17. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    So can I win Best Retcon or Most Likely Retcon? [face_praying]

18. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    You win "It's Actually A Theory, Retcon." :p

19. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Probably not, but you might just win "least original." :p

20. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    But it was me who thought of it first. :(

21. blaXXer

blaXXer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2007
    No, you just wrote it down before anyone else. I, for one, had this idea at least two weeks ;-)
    But really, kudos fro bringing this up, it COULD very well work. *prays it's true*

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That actually would be kinda cool.

Asking to win, though - [face_shame_on_you]

23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Funnily enough, in the original post, that's exactly what I was asking Dan and Jason NOT do, if possible.

24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    People have been suggesting this since it was revealed Morne was going to survive into the future, AIK.

25. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    Actually I first mention it way back on the 13th of Febuary. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.