main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD NSWFF Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Yeah, after the second and third seemed designed to prevent a repetition of that weirdo doing it in other fandoms, I guess a bunch of people wanted to try doing it. For a little while, I almost thought about doing the second one anyway, when that one set had Jedi and Sith in it -- I was going to use The Beverly Hillbillies for the former theme -- but I didn't figure I could do that trick too many times.

"Jed, I found sumthin' down by the cement pond!"

2. Anakin21

Anakin21 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2008
    Maybe there could be a place set up like in the SW resource for Plot Bunnies. If there already is one please let me know, but I didn't see one when I was brousing through earlier.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yep, right here :)

4. Anakin21

Anakin21 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2008
    Thankyou! :D

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    You're welcome :)

6. demolition18

demolition18 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    They should have sub forums in the non Star Wars threads. One for movies. One for television shows. One for Novels. One for video games.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    We considered that last year when we created the board, but we ultimately decided against it and I'm glad, because the one boarde moves slowly enough that it takes a couple weeks for stories to drop off the first page. Cutting it into pieces would make each of them too slow to support themselves.

8. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Also, the movies, TV shows, novels, and videogames already have forums specifically set up for each one. I would think that if you cut them up and put them in the NSW forum then that would be a duplication of forums already in place elsewhere. Pretty much everything else is already covered in other forums as far as NSW considerations go.

The NSWFF forum is obviously for FF only and the Resource forum is used for different fandoms within the NSWFF forum. Probably a sticky thread with each fandom broken up by its respective category for easier location would be something to consider.

9. demolition18

demolition18 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    I think that they should have a forum for Star Wars fan fiction crossovers.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    There have been crossovers on the boards for years, so they just stay in the regular fan fiction section. There aren't enough to make a seperate board, and we don't want to keep them here and take away from what fan fic already has.

11. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    It's been suggested on the that another OC thread be started over here for the NSWFF folks. Curious to whether it would work...

Any sggestions, thoughts, or helpful volunteers, please PM the OC Sock. ;)

12. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    In regards to the above post, after 2 months I haven't really had any ideas on how to approach a thread with so many sub-catergories; so I'm going to put an NSWFF OC Thread on the back burner for the time being. However, if anyone wants to run with this ball, feel free. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.