main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

N'Sync in the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vaderbait, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm sure some of you have seen the disastrous occurances on the other boards involving the confirmation of N'Sync in Episode II. My question to you, the readers of the EU, is this: Seeing as how every tiny character has a backstory, do you think that there will be an N'Sync Jedi backstory? Second--Do you think there SHOULD be?

2. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i sure hope not, theyre only extras. they wont even be credited

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    5 random Jedi among an army of hundreds, maybe thousands? You won't even be able to tell which ones they are.

wk

4. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I wasn't talking about their movie appearance...well...in a way I was. ANH's cantina ring a bell? EVERY character that appears onscreen for a split second has at least 3 books written about them. (Well...maybe that's a bit exaggerated.)

5. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    I hope EVERY Jedi in the scene is given a name and a backstory, that would just be the coolest thing in the world

6. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i like what xenomaniac said. it would be cool to have different stories on the different jedi seen........even (big gulp) nsync. although its not official what they will be playin. heck they could be in the bar scene, etc.

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    some of the group, not all, got a part in the background. Fans got into AOTC. Im glad for them. Stop being jealous ;)

I think they should get stories, same as the others. And, make them really cool characters, to spite the people complaining :)

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Yeah...that would be sooo cool(sarcasm). I dunno something about those turds being in the movie and getting a background story is just plain disturbing.

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Not unless Lucas's daughter is willing to do a lot of begging. :p

10. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Just be happy his kids are too old to be Barney fans.

11. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    ET has yet to appear in the EU.

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "although its not official what they will be playin."

Yes it is. Or as good as offical. Numerous people in the news have called LFL, they have confermed it. Although they say it might still get edited. And it has nothing to do with Lucas' daughters. Rick asked them after they told him they were all big fans.

And Dev, good point.

13. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd rather see Mara Jade Skywalker canonnized than have those loser, fast-food, manufactured-in-a-Disney-office-never-wrote-a-song, can't-play-an-instrument-to-save-their-lives, I-think-I'll-die-the-top-of-my-head-white mendicants have so much as a tray liner at Burger King with their dorky likenesses on it.

If that's not a conveyance of my feelings, I don't know what is.

14. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I think it's cool the N'Sync will be in the EU. I'm not a fan of that kind of music, but I'm not too immature (or maybe just jealous cause girls like them more than they like you) to admit that they have talent. But their singing isn't going to be in the movie, just them doing a cameo. I say good for them if they are fans. Like any of us wouldn't get up there and do just about anything for a little part in any of the movies.
    As for back stories for everyone, like in the cantina. I think it would be cool if they made one about the boys from N'Sync. Might even bring in some more fans that normally don't read Star Wars EU.

15. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    (ignore post)

16. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm not too enthusiastic about this, especially since it seems like just because N'Sync is famous, and who wouldn't say that he or she is a big fan upon meeting Rick McCallum. Also I have qualms with N'Sync's music. (Like the fact that they call themselves a boy band when none of them play instruments. They sing, and where I come from we call that chorus.) If they are in fact Jedi, I sincerely hope they go ahead and get killed so they won't pollute Episode III.

Anyway, this is about EU. Quinlan Vos appeared for a millisecond and he's gotten a lot of attention in the comics. If N'Synce follow suit, I would seriously debate buying any comics featuring them (I smell another lame attempt at humor for SW Tales). As for novels, I doubt they would come close to appearing in a novel, or that they would even get a mention in the novel adaptation.

That's my two cents, anyway.

17. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    To end this debate Let's just assume that they died around ROTJ in a freak accident with running into (literally) a star destoryer.

18. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I don?t understand? So there are going to be Jedi that look like some of the singers from N?Sync? What does that have to do with N?Sync?s music? I?m pretty sure that those Jedi won?t be singing in the movie, so why are people getting upset about this?

19. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm not jealous, and I respect most music, but most modern music (including N'Sync), doesn't have talent. I'm not one of those people (lets say a musician) that says competition is talented just so that no one gets mad at me. A few of them I feel can sing, but their environment (pop music) only allows them to do the same thing over and over. No musicians--no writing=bad. They're not even a band. And there's no jealousy there.

But......this wasn't meant to argue N'Syncs talents :p. I still don't think it's right for them to have backstories--partly because, aren't there enough backstories?

20. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?aren't there enough backstories?

Tell that to J.R.R. Tolkien. :p

21. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Maybe NSync in Episode II isn't such a bad thing. It'll bring a new crowd to Ep. II that would have never come.

22. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Yah, gaggles of yakking 13 year old girls who don't know how to shut up. Great.

23. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    At first I thought "N'Stink in SW? NO! Please God, don't let it be true!" :eek:

But now I just want to see them squashed by a spaceship ala Grand Moff Tarkin's little massacre before he was GM. That would be cool! Except that they probably can't act, so it would look stupid. Hmm, maybe if they crushed 'em for real... :D

24. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    You know what?

They BETTER NOT. They just BETTER NOT.

Thats all I have to say on that one. N'Sync does NOT deserve a place in the GFFA, period. As 15 year old memeber of the female race, just becasue they are famous does NOT MEAN that they have the right to walk on set, and just becasue they are rich and famous, get a cameo. Yes, I AM jelous. I want a cameo. Why do they get one and not me?

Just kidding...

Its just that any refrences that arent direct homages (aka the ET's, a nod to Speilberg) just throw me OUT of the whole Star Wars mindset. They dont belong.

And to top it all of, their music sucks @$$.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.