main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW N'SYNC No longer in EP.2....credit: Carbz

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Putu, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Who are N'SYNC?

2. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    (sigh) old people :)

3. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    No, I think it's great!! There should be more people who have never heard of N'Sync. I must confess that I could not even hum the tune or sing any words of even one of their songs....

4. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Sorry, pplz this ironic idea just occured

"It ain't no lie, N'Sync BYE, BYE BYE"

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    U know I saw a thread like this on another board I visit, and when I read that one then this one, I became a little disgusted.

I mean u people are making it sound like you really hate the men in NSync. Its one thing to harte their music; Im not a huge fan though i dont mind it to be honest. But at the same time, taking it to a personal level where its like "I wont see Ep2 if they're in it" thats just stupid! They are, from all Ive seen of them, actually pretty cool people.
    When i am drawing, MTV pretty much lives on my TV and so I see interviews with all manner of interesting people. NSync had this one half hour thing that was like an interview/mini concert for some fans of theirs. during one of the talking bits, one of them gets up and goes off camera, saying to the rest to just carry on. He came back later, not having said where he went. Later on, on MTV.com, there were all these people wondering where he had gone (Its the one whos the second lead singer. Not the curly haired dude, the other one. I dunno their names). Anyway turns out he saw this chick who was like 14 at the back of the room who was crying. So he went back to see what was wrong. The chicks BF had waited till she was at this concert, then called and dumped her. So this Nsync dude calls her BF up and says hes a loser and he should have the guts to break up with her in person if hes gonna do it. Needless to say the girl felt a lot better.
    I thought that was pretty cool. He could have turned it into a big thing and had it on camera and stuff, but kept it low key. And it was only reported at the bottom of an article on the whole interview, not made a headline. He didnt go out of his way seekin glory or whatever, he just did something to help this chick out.

I gues sI just feel sorry for all these celebrities who people seem to hate with a passion. Just coz u dont like theirmusic, doesnt mean they are these inhuman monsters. I notice it on the Ultimate board I moderate (Ultimate is a type of Marvel comic). People dont like a story so suddenly the writer is this no talent hack loser who isnt worth being alive. 3 mths later he could be a god if they like his story! Its crazy!

I dont care if Nsync are in Ep2 or not. Its not like they'll be turning the movie into a musical. These guys (hell these LUCKY guys! Im jealous!) get to be extras like hundreds of others! More power to em I say!

Sorry to unload all this, but it just got to me y'know? I feel for people who are suddenly getting ragged on left and right because some people dont like their music.
    Tolerance kids. tolerance.

6. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I see your point, and I agree with you in most respects, Craig. But I also think that a little harmless venting never hurt anyone. I did the same thing on another message board when I heard that...uh...this one...uh...well...

That something happened in ep 2 that I should have expected anyway.

That spoiler free enough? ;)

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just to add my 2c worth. I do understand what Syrix_Kahl's worried about. People have different levels of sensitivity to spoilers. A casual announcement to someone is a spoiler to someone else.
    I know there's a lot of people avoiding trailers. Sure we'll probably see them anyway but not rushing it prolongs that suspense. Personally I'm not to comfortable with the increasing tendency for TFN to use graphics from Episode II regardless of whether they're spoilers or not. I don't make an issue of it but I can sympathise with anyone who does. I'd tend to be over cautions to be on the safe side.
    As for N'Sync bein extras - the cantina band's probably about the worst place to put them. Imagine a boy band singing in a starwars film. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.