main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

N'SYNC?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by teneniel_djo, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    didn't we already settle this?

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=13691

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I don't know what's been settled, but personally, if GL lets those midichlorian-exempt walking migraines loose in his movie, Im gonna break my lightsaber over my knee in disgust and crawl out of the theatre in agony.

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HATE THOSE WORTHLESS FLASH IN THE PAN N'SUCK PUNKS.

4. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Hey if all it takes to get into one of GL's movies is to be a big fan and ask for a bit part, maybe we should all try it. It certainly doesn't appear to take talent.

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    As far as I'm concerned, the only people this news should affect are the N'Sync fans, the rest of us really shouldn't give a flying leap. It says they'll be seen "for a fleeting moment in a "big scene with lots of extras." So they will have absolutely no effect on the plot, story, whatever. They'll be there, then they won't, just like the people in the crowd at the pod race in TPM, unless you're *looking* for all the cameos, you don't really notice.

It's already been established that GL is a sellout, so this news really shouldn't have much shock-value for anyone IMO.

If N'Sync happens to have a brief appearance in this movie, I honestly won't care a bit, it's not going to ruin the movie for me or anything...why should it for anyone else?

6. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    BECAUSE I'M EXTREMELY FORCE-SENSITIVE!!!! And those losers are worse than any SITH!!!!

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    death to boy bands.

9. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i don't think, in this case, the cause for distress is them interfering with the storyline, but rather, them even being able to be in it. there are millions of star wars fans willing to give a limb to be in those movies....i'm sure many of them have written many letters pleading that they could have a part. but because n'sync just happens to be the heart throb band of lucas's daughters, they get parts.

it's the ethics of the situation.

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OH! Well said, Djo.....on the mark....the snipers in my beloved MARINES couldn't have made a better shot! Kudos!

11. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    snipper? let me get the old remington 700 30.06 out of the closet and I can give it a shot sir.

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    How is it any less ethical than him giving cameos to other people who he might know personally, or have some sort of connection to? If it's someone he suddenly feels the urge to throw a cameo part to, that's his deal.

Are you really so mad that you didn't get your own little extra part? Even if GL did throw lots of fans in, do you know how unlikely it is that you or I or anyone else on this forum would be chosen for it?

If you don't like N'Sync, that's just fine and dandy, but don't try to push it towards "oh the ethics of it!" or something like that.

Can you believe Kevin Smith put CHRIS ROCK in his movies? What the heck is up with that? He's just throwing him in there because he's a famous comedian that makes him laugh!

I can't stand Alanis Morisette...but I still watched Dogma (and actually, believe it or not, enjoyed it).

So N'Sync might have a brief appearons in AOTC...SO WHAT?!

13. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THEM!!!!

14. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    No, I think Djo is absolutely right....many devoted fans, some of which have acting experience, have been begging since day-one to do him and these pictures right, and would have followed his instructions to the letter! As a public figure, and as a person who drew us to him, I think he does have some ethical obligation to at least acknowledge that there are those waiting in the wings that have far more desire, talent and witherall to be in these films on any level before some corporate, made-up wannabes! And it does perturb me! I mean, the CGI is one thing...that's evolution, but N'Stync???? That's just wrong. It must be like being gutted for those people killin' themselves to get onboard when those losers just waltz up and on stage, and the length of the part has got nuthin' to do with it. Nuff said.....my rant's over.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    *shrug* I still don't buy it.

They are HIS movies after all, he can do with them as he pleases (and he does). I didn't want Jar Jar in Ep I...I wanted the wookies instead of the Ewoks in Ep VI...I wanted someone who could at least make me believe he was SOME kind of a character to play the young Anakin...I want Natalie Portman to come to my dorm room and take me out for the time of my life...but dangit, what I want just really doesn't have much effect does it.

Sorry folks, it does suck that N'Sync are going to be in the movies, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it now. We can cry about it, or we can deal with it. I'm just going to deal with it and enjoy the movie.

And that's all I got to say about that.

16. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    WHY DO THEY MOCK ME SO I HAVE BEEN GOOD HONEST I HAVE WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE IN IT???? WHY????

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    its the same as his kids being in TPM . one of them had braces . if it was long ago in a gallaxy far far away , do they orthodontists or a really cool gadget to fix your teeth ?

18. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i'm not exactly crying about it....just explaining why i don't like the idea of them being in the movies. it's just another opinion and the basis for that opinion.

19. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i just think its odd to put something or some one in a movie (or in the star wars universe for that matter )that is so common . next i'll read in a E.U. book about an automobile. e.t was different , so was the pod from 2001 . and i guess the track ball in anakin's room , and the gelett razor com links .

i just dont like the idea of n'sync being in the movie . like SD said it wont ruin it for me but i just dont like it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.