main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA NSynch in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

As freakin jedi???

PLEASE NO!

Edit: sorry fluke, I was getting sick of scroling to the right to read this thread.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It's really sad if you ask me. I like Star Wars too but I don't throw myself at George Lucas to be in episode II. This just shows you how greedy Lucas really is, Carson Daily will have ever young girl in america goignt ot see EpII just to get a glance at Nsync.

Some People's Kid's!

3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I like some of 8N Sync's old stuff, like tearing up my heart and here we go, but seresiouly...these guys aren't even actors.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    This rumor has now been confirmed and I am totally disgusted.

The only way that George do them justice would be to totally destroy NStink in the film... I mean... I would like to see them blown to bits.

Doesn't George have a daughter or two... I wonder if they/she persuaded him to do this. "Daddy... can Nsnych pleeeaaaaassssseeee be in Episode II?" IMO, this is a slap in the face to everything that Star Wars stands for. With Star Wars bleeding in creativity, with new concepts and cinema techniques used with each new movie. Then they have to go ahead and put some totally uncreative, mass media produced, crap into it???

What's next, NSynch playing with Aerosmith at the Super Bowl Halftime Show??? Ohhhh, wait a minute...

5. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I agree completely - I think N-Sync is one of the worst things to weasel into the SW universe. I'ts the exact opposite of everything SW stands for. The only good things I can see come of this is that it may transform teeny-bopper N-Sync fans into Star Wars fans....we can only hope!

Aside from that, it makes me want to spew.

6. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    sorry guys enought of this b.s. for me i am not going to see the movie. I am done with starwars. no joke this is garbage. So much for groundbreaking filmaking, he just stooped as low as every one else. I'd rather see more jar jar than that crap. sorry I am finished. good bye.

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Oola, you must restrain yourself. I thought the exact same thing, until I found out that NStink begged to be in it, so the Flannel Shirt stuck them in the background somewhere and killed them.

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Also, this will probably be the last big thing that NStink will ever do again. They are done... FINISHED. The record company can only write their songs and sell their stuff to teenage girls for soo long, but eventually those fans grow up. When the record company is finished giving them the material (and they are) then NStink will be left to write their own stuff and will be exposed for the no talent frauds that they are, just like 50% of the other 'musicians' we see on MTV.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I can smell a Vh1 behind the music in there future.

10. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I can smell melting plastic when the action figures come out. Explosion of Alderann limited edition What ever thier names are coming soon!

11. Mara-hari

Jan 2, 2002
    Oh, yes - and then a small segment where they say that the group begged George Lucas for a bit part in Episode II to save their sagging career...

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    ARRRGGHHH! I'm out of it a little bit and come back to this???? You all must be joking? Some teeny-bopper boy band in EP II? Tell me this is some sick joke!

13. Mara-hari

Jan 2, 2002
    Unfortunately, it's not a joke. It's a confirmed fact of horror. Our only hope it that the scene doesnt' actually make it into the final cut because it's so bad, or maybe unnecessary

But then, the boys would cry to George.

14. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Its supposed to be nothing but a back ground part. mayeb there being stuffed into the new stormtroopers costumes I saw pics of sweet looking.

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    How? Why? What possessed George to do such a thing? Okay, maybe he is humoring one of his kids . . . that at least I could accept as a reason for a brief, nonspeaking cameo (after all that silly boy band is just supposed to be background crowd, right? Not like speaking parts or anything? They are not, Force forbid, going to sing????)

Think if I ask George real nice he'll let me be in Ep. III. No, I didn't think so . . .

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    If they sing in the movie I will climb to the top of the movie screen and propell myself off headfirst!

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I doubt there will be but if there is I'm done with Star Wars. There'll be a nice fire going that night at my house if they do sing.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    They were cut from the film, here's thelink but beware it's on the Ep II page:

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13803

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The best part about this is that NStink says they were cut because Star Wars fans complained... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I hope they know their place!

20. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Now they might be back in. Sigh. I created an online petition to keep them out. Sign it if you'd like and just keep your opinions to yourself if not. I am already getting hell from posters on one of the main movie boards for this petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/NStink/

21. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey guys im back sorry i havent been on in a while but this one really deserves some talking. From waht i hear.. (i havent cehck the force.net in forever) Lucas never intended for Nsync to even be in the movie... he just pasted them in the back ground during a tour. I heard Lucas said it was just a joke nad they went home bragging to all their friends that they were in so lucas trashed even the slightest idea of having them. All is safe in the relm of Star Wars.

yea im back finally
    Darth_Gohan

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    welcome back!

I hope your right.

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Tell me about it! People are calling for my head and have threatened to ban me over on the movie spoiler board me for all this. I should have just kept my mouth shut, but I have already gone too far and I will go done with the ship if so be it! Just look for Fluke_Groundrunner2 if extreme measures are taken ;-)

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummm . . . What did you do, Fluke, that has people so riled?

You know, now that the announcement has been made that NSynch won't be in Ep II, I kinda feel bad for them. Just imagine -- you get to be dressed as a Jedi in a STAR WARS movie then because everyone thinks you suck, you get cut out. So, not only do you lose the chance to be a JEDI, a massive movement to explain to you just how much you suck was created. I'm not saying I'm going to start a restore NSynch mob, I just am saying I feel sorry for them.

Okay, feel free to start mocking me now. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.