main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Nubian Royal Starship

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Twain, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's what we got:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And many more...

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    These few maybe, but none of them had nearly enough screentime to warrant enough love from the viewers

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    The prequels should have been about Han Solo flying around in the Millennium Falcon making wisecracks while Darth Vader kills Jedi.

Cael-Fenton, solo77 and Alexrd like this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Which is fine because those ships weren't meant to be the Falcon. They're in two different eras with two different events going on.

mes520 likes this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How much screentime is necessary to love a ship? As a viewer, I loved them all.

Seagoat likes this.
  6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Both of which appeared in the PT in some capacity

7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Well, I think we can concede that the Millennium Falcon wasn't in the prequels to any extent that would matter. But that's a good point about Slave I. I'd say the prequels actually did Slave I more justice than the OT did, undoubtedly.

Seagoat and Alexrd like this.
  8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I love every sound effect the Slave I made. The engine, the blasters.... sonic charges especially....

solo77 likes this.
  9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    More that there was not really one ship that spanned the 3 movies that people could become invested in like the Falcon. I realise that no ship was meant to play 'the part' of the Falcon but personally I would have liked to have seen the Ep1 Nubian ship kept throughout

Twain likes this.
  10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    No Falcon-like ship needed for me. My favorite PT design (and indeed my overall favorite Star Wars ship) is the Naboo fighter, and from a symbolic standpoint I think it makes sense that such an elegant ship is only briefly used by Anakin when he is yet far removed from the strife that will define his life as an adult.

Seagoat and Alexrd like this.
  11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's factually not true since not everyone's affection for a ship is decided by their screentime or by comparison to the Falcon.

Implying that investment for the Falcon exists for everyone (not true) or that said investment is directly tied to screentime. The latter can be a component but it doesn't have to be.

Personally, I'm invested in the characters inside the Falcon, not the ship itself.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  13. Darth Rycbar

Darth Rycbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2014
    Yes, there are a lot of ships with great designs, but they weren't shown for very long. Most of them were only in a few scenes.

14. Darth Rycbar

Darth Rycbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2014
    Sorry for the double post, it won't let me edit.

I meant that it would have been cool for Anakin and Obi-Wan to have their own Millenium Falcon or Slave I, not that those ships needed more screen time.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Most of them had much more screen time than the Slave I in the OT, which you used as an example. Also, wasn't your argument about 'iconic design'? What does that have to do with screen time?