Evan, IN Nugget's Lounge - BSG discussion, spoilers punishable by airlock

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Lierin and I were talking and she mentioned that we ought to have a BSG spoiler-free thread.

This is that thread.

NOTHING more recent than the most recently aired episode is for discussion. That means you, John/Mike/Dammit :p

So:

OMG BALTAR HEADBALTAR
  2. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    Rather EFFIMINANT Head!Baltar, ROFLMAO

ok, my turn...

OMG LAURA SHOT THE PICTURE OF THEM AND THEN THEY HAD A FIGHT WHY OH WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO ME NOOOOO!!!!!

oh, and [face_laugh] @ sewage ship

and OMG TORY WHYYYYYYYYYYY??? [face_sick]

P.S. dear Kesh: this thread should cut down on the amount of BSG threads on the...umm...Star Wars fanboards. sound good? :D
  3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    at the risk of duopolising the thread so early on, Head!Baltar was always a bit effeminate :p

EDIT: Updated spelling :p
  4. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    thankyou XD
  5. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Gang, I got three questions? (Kesh?)

1) Are Lee and Dee D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D? When did that happen? I thought they kissed and made up last season, but at the end of last nights show, he hugged her and said you keep the house, as if to say they were divortsed. I mean, if she didn't dump him after his cheeting on him, why would she leave him for becoming a lawyer?

2) Col. One Eye a cylon, realy? He was around BEFORE the first cylon war. He is older than the oldest skinjob, so how can he be one?

3) Why doesn't Katie Stackoff return my cards, letters, emails, or voicemmails? I think she is just playing hard to get. Soon, she will realize how much she realy wants me.

Jammies
  6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Number one: I don't know if they're officially divorced because that's boring and no-one wants to watch an episode of that :p, but yes they are splitsville.

2: DID YOU EVEN WATCH CROSSROADS HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP :p

3: I think Red and I might've had this same issue before :p

Although mine were asking "why doesn't your Bionic Character kill off the other Bionic Character and then you can be THE bionic woman and it will be good" :p
  7. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am surprised that Six has been silent about Baltar nailing everything that is female lately. Being a holy figure has it's advantages in the fleet I guess. So how long till the sewage ship reports back about Earth?
  8. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    How long till the rag-tag civilian fleet's sewage ship reports back about Earth?

Not by the speed of sound.

Not by the speed of light.

But by the speed of plot!

Time to test the ol' Nugget reading...er,uh...VIEWING comprehension - ready?

Name the ship Admiral Adama gave to Kara. The one she is to use for finding Earth in case Roslin is wrong. The Nugget that presents the first correct answer wins. The winner gets to kiss Pookey-the-Acklay. I'd offer the prize of kissing a stuffed toy daggit from the classic B-star-G, but (sigh) I don't have one.

Yes I like having this Nugget's Luv Shack thingy. I say let's make it a sticky. The Kesh shall be very careful and use spoiler protection. He shall only reveal spoilers to those that PM. Keep in mind general annoucements about Caprica production do not count as spoiler material - UNLESS plot points in Caprica tie into season 4 developments. For example Joseph Adama had young Billy visited by a Cylon unit built for birthday parties. The cybernetic clown produced a love/hate emotional trauma in young Billy. So that is why in season 4 we see Admiral Adama dressing up as a clown while in the privacy of his own quarters. His motive? To cheer Roslin up.

9. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would pay to see that!! [face_laugh]

10. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Kesh wins :D

...ohhhhh the fanfiction in my head. it burns. buuuuuuuuurns.....
  11. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    Odd... the fanfiction in my head usually just involves a couple of Boomers and D'anna!! [face_whistling]

12. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Eh? The Kesh wins? What does the Kesh win? [face_money_eyes]

Perhaps the Kesh can make suggestions? [face_thinking]

[face_idea]

1. A lifetime of living with my very own 'head' Kesh. Wait I've already got one those. Believe me that ain't no great prize. Mike-El and/or Stacky no "that's what she said" jokes. Give the Kesh s-o-m-e slack. I'm talking a 'head' Kesh as in the 'head' Baltar. Some people never grow beyond junior high style jokes.

2. The E'ville Jedi pulling together and buying me one of those stuffed toy daggits from the classic B-star-G era of merchandising. A Muffit 2 of my very own. Better yet skip the toy daggit. Abduct a chimp from the zoo and by a robot-daggit costume from E-bay. Dress the chimp in said costume and - !SHAZAM! - instant Muffit 2 for the Kesh.

3. A date with a lady that likes theatrical, televised and literary sci-fi and yet will swim 15 laps 4 or 5 days a week like the Kesh does.

4. A modified 3-inch toy Colonial Viper. Modified to dangle from my car's rear-view mirror.

5. The E'ville Jedi pulling together to play pool at one of the local bowling alleys or bars.

6. Well how about a 'head' Six for the Kesh.
  13. HoosierTrooper Force Ghost

star 3
    =P~ =P~ [face_laugh]
  14. capnfatpants Jedi Knight

star 3
    That doesn't sound too bad.

15. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    I'd be up for that! :)
  16. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ronald D. Moore (B-star-G's exec producer) is a very busy man these days. His work load now consists of the following-

1. BG - Season 4 (second half)

2. Caprica - BG's prequel

3. Virtuality - a sci-fi project involving a spaceship named the Phaeton. This ship carries a crew of twelve. They have been sent on a ten year journey to an alien star system. Seems the call of sentient and technologically enhanced life might be there. En route the twelve crew members will be immersed in virtual reality. Each crew member can dream of whatever they want. Be anyone or anything they want to be. Unfortunately for them some one placed a a ticking time-'bug' into the Phaeton's systems. This show will be on Fox.

I'm personally intrigued by the Virtuality show. No I don't think it has any direct connective tissue to BG or Caprica. But the idea of TWELVE crew members and the use of virtual reality seems to be common ground between BG/Caprica universe and Virtuality. Virtuality is scheduled for next year. If Caprica evolves into a weekly series then that too will be on Moore's plate. Can we say multitasking? Oh and the other BG producer - David Eick - is to start a TV series based upon the movie Children Of Men.
  17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Part of me likes this idea, part of me hates it, and all of me knows it won't work on network :p
  18. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Spoilers punishable by airlock...

Funny you should write that.

Hmmm...let tonight's episode (April 18, 2008) be a lesson to me.

Funny how some things just connect ain't it?

P.S.

During tonight's episode I do believe I heard a !SQUEEE! from the general direction of the UE campus. Am I right JediRavenClaw?

P.S. II - The Sequel

Did you catch the Trek in-joke in tonight's episode? Edric still with us? I'm sure you noticed.

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    What was the Trek in-joke?

PS: CALLY WHAT TORY WHAT GODSDAMMIT WHAT
  20. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    The door/locker number.

(You did watch the episode didn't you? :) )

Jammies
  21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    I didn't catch it I guess. Once I have it on DVD I MEAN ONCE I WATCH THE TAPE OF IT YES THAT'S IT I'll check :p
  22. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK the Trek in-joke is as follows-

The four 'final five' Cylons on the Galactica are holding secret meetings in a particular room. The airlock door to this room has 1701D stenciled onto it. Attention was deliberately called to this airlock door and the 1701D in several shots of the airlock door being opened and closed. Just in case some viewers missed it. Of course in the case of Stacky he just did not get it - no matter how many shots were on display or how long the camera lingered on the nearly centered 1701D. Remember Stacky not to forget to see the forest despite the trees. Or would that be forget not to see the trees for the forest? Oh never mind. Trek is just not that important anymore. Moving on.
  23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    So I'm rewatching series 1, and it's "Acts of Contrition".

The cold open of this episode is Flat Top's 1000th landing, which is rudely interrupted by a falling torpedo, which ignites and explodes Flat Top and his mates as they spin him in a wagon.

I read somewhere that this scene was added after Skiffy/SkyOne/Universal requested they brighten up a few episodes, like "maybe a birthday party?" The response, a party punctuated by bodily penetration and explosion, I feel sets the tone for the ENTIRE SERIES better than anything else in the world :p

This further reminds me of complaints I've heard regarding how the reimagining is too dark, especially compared to the original series, which was - no bones about it - camp.

Such complaints, made well after this episode aired everywhere, provokes me to use a DVD set to beat the crap out of such complainers, all the while screaming "YOU STUPID FRAKKING ARSE, PAY A-FRAKKING-TENTION AND YOU WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED BY THE DARK FRAKKING TONE! SHARTHEAD!" :p

Just had to get that off my chest :p
  24. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GRANDPA TIGH! XD XD
    go change baby half cylon's dipers, go feed baby half cylon, go play peek-a-boo with baby half cylon!! :D :D :D :D :D

poor chief. but he's being dumb listening to Tory.

amd OMGWTFRAK Ellan!6???? creepy!
    ...and so so so wrong on so so so many levels :p

p.s. I'm assuming the shippy squees are implied in my posts by this point. accompanied by the "OMG POOR LAURA AND BILL!" sobs that accompany the shippy squees ^_^
  25. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah that Six-as-Ellen is a sure fire mind-frak. But then if I'm right about a revised Iblis entity at work then these mind-fraks really should not be a surprise. What I think is a surprise is how cruel the mind-fraks are becoming. As was said back in season three - 'something dark is coming'. The mind-frak from Tyrol's perspective at the bar with the Admiral was more disturbing than the Six-as-Ellen. I have to wonder if the 'Final Four of Five' can see through 'social masks' that people wear in the company of co-workers? Something perhaps in their 'wiring' that allows them to see thru the felgercarb. On the other hand (and more likely from this being the last season) we are seeing the revised Iblis becoming a bit less subtle. More pronounced. Anyhow when Tyrol describes his dead wife in harsh terms I can not help but think about Kubrick's version of The Shining. Tyrol is coming unhinged and is in the process of 'unmasking' not unlike how Jack Torrance became unhinged. Granted Wendy from Kubrick's The Shining and Cally do resemble one another, but it's more than that. The parallel is a three member family falling apart because the father degenerates into madness. Starbuck too is showing her madness. She's back from the dead with a Captain Ahab-like obssession. Shades of Das Boot are certainly creeping into the search for Earth by the 'good' ship Demetrius.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.