main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Nugget's Lounge - BSG discussion, spoilers punishable by airlock

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004

Demetrius -

Saint Demetrius of Thessaloniki, "The Megalomartyr", 3rd century: St. Demetrius was initially depicted in icons and mosaics as a young man in patterned robes with the distinctive tablion of the senatorial class across his chest. Miraculous military interventions were attributed to him during several attacks on Thessaloniki, and he gradually became thought of as a soldier: a Constantinopolitan ivory of the late 10th century shows him as an infantry soldier

Demetrius I Poliorcetes (of Macedon)Among his outrages was his courtship of a young boy named Democles the Handsome. The youth kept on refusing his attention but one day found himself cornered at the baths. Having no way out and being unable to physically resist his suitor, he took the lid off the hot water cauldron and jumped in. His death is seen as a mark of honor for himself and his country.

Demetrius I Soter (of Syria - a Selucid):Demetrius acquired his surname of Soter, or Saviour, from the Babylonians, whom he delivered from the tyranny of the Median satrap, Timarchus. Demetrius is famous in Jewish history for his victory over the Maccabees.

ummm...bunch of Macedonian kings plus a few Selucids (India - Persia - Syria) and a few philosophers whom I have never heard of. Including one Epicurean.

Dunno Kesh...fit in anywhere?
    ...Course, I particularly like the Selucids. They were a good bunch of kings ^_^

2. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    In regards to BG prequel titled Caprica...

Remember that Star Wars: Episode 1 poster with a very young Anakin casting a Vader-shaped shadow behind him? Well for Battlestar's prequel titled Caprica a teaser poster might soon be circulating the net. Replace Anakin with a very young Bill Adama casting a Cylon centurion-shaped shadow behinnd him. Nice bit of resonation at work if true. I'd put the SW:Episode 1 poster next to the Caprica poster. That way one can parallel/contrast the two exercises in the art of prequelization.

3. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well the website called TV Addict has read the Caprica teleplay. They were allowed to give the reader a snippet of dialogue from the hotly anticipated B-star-G prequel. Nothing spoilerish, but a nice emotional sequence between Joseph Adama/Adams and the nine-year old Billy Adama/Adams. Ready? Launch!

Caprica - Final Scene

JOSEPH:

"Our family will survive this, we're going to put our lives back together. Your mother is gone and Tamara is gone. They're NOT coming back."

(Suddenly, without warning, tears begin to stream down William's cheeks. Joseph takes his son in his arms and they hold each other tight as Joseph struggles with his own emotions.)

JOSEPH:

"I want you to know who you are, William. We come from a long, proud line of Tauron peasants who knew how to work the land and still stand proud. You're named after your grandfather, did I ever tell you that?"

WILLIAM:

"No."

JOSEPH:

"He was killed in the Tauron Uprising...fighting for what he believed was the right of all Children of Kobol...to live free. It's a good name William and you should wear it proudly. And our last name isn't Adams. I changed it when I arrived on Caprica."

(beat)

"Our family name is...ADAMA and it's a good, honorable Tauron name."

The End.

For those wondering what happened to Billy's mom and sister...all I'll say is fanatical monotheists and high-speed transit systems make for one huge frakkin mess.

4. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Caprica Casting News-

Actress Paula Malcomson (Deadwood's Trixie) will play Amanda Graystone in Caprica. This character is the mother of Zoe Graystone. Amanda is a top surgeon in the Twelve Colonies of Kobol. She is married to the man who pioneered Cylon technology prior to the First Cylon War.

Expect more casting news...soon.

5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    More Caprica Casting News-

Joseph Adama/Adams will be played by actor Esai Morales (military commander from Jericho's second season). Nice bit o' casting!

6. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Caprica Casting News-

Eric Stoltz (Pulp Fiction) will play the role of Daniel Greystone (inventor of the Cylon)!

Alessandra Torreseni (Malcom In The Middle) will play the role of Zoe Greystone (16 year old closet monotheist).

7. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Kesh, do you ever get the feeling that you are talking to yourself. ;)

Seriously though, I have a confession to make. Last Friday's episode of BSG was the only one I've liked this season.

The others were slow, boring, and felt like they were treading water. I watched every one, but couldn't get into them like I did the previous episodes. The whole Baltar religious thing is just too far out for me. He's been everything one person can be (scientist, president, trash man, etc.). I am glad they are putting that horse to pasture.

8. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    In response to HoosierTrooper-

You must be smokin that funny weed from IU.8-} The fourth season is kick-'nother-word-for-donkey'. My favorite sub-plot thus far is the Cylon Centurions as the 'silent majority' becoming mobilized - for themselves, the Raiders and for a moment that Hybrid. Baltar evolving from a political guru to a cult leader is a natural progression taken from History 101. I've got the feeling a Jonestown type sub-plot is developing with him. Or perhaps a Bolshevik-style revolution is in swing - with Baltar as Lenin and Tyrol as Stalin. I'm talking about the group, personality and power succession dynamics not the factor of communism. For me the fourth season is hitting all the right buttons. But to each their own I suppose. The almighty 'head' Kesh says to relegate you to the 'List-Of-Those-Who-Do-Not-Get-It'.

9. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    THE FUTURE OF THE CURRENT BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SAGA!

1. The website The Doctor And Mrs. Who are reporting that Caprica will likely be given a full first season even though the TV-movie 'pilot' has yet to be filmed.

2. It would seem that twenty or so episodes are not enough to tell the story of BG's fourth season. It seems three additional TV-movies are possible. These three movies are post-season four in nature according to reports! WOW!

SPECULATION ON THE ABOVE INFO-

1. With the actors strike on the horizon the push for completed material is high. That would explain the jump to a full first season of Caprica before its 'pilot' even airs. Which is cool with me. I'm looking forward to the First Cylon War's backstory. It also might indicate that SFC has firm confidence in this prequel and Ronald Moore.

2. Ronald Moore has stated that the Writers Strike allowed him time to rethink BG's story arc direction. These three additional TV-movies must be compensation for more story to tell. My bet is at least one of these additional TV-movies will be like the Babylon 5 episode titled Deconstruction Of Falling Stars. In that B5 episode we are given a glimpse into the future of the B5 saga - beyond the five-year story (ranging from fifty to a million years).

10. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    CORRECTION!

Here is the game plan being talked about over at The Doctor And Mrs Who and Ain't It Cool News and the links they provide...

1. Production wraps up on second half of season four (as you read this).

2. Fresh batch of BG webisodes to be made and released between first half of season four and
    second half of season four.

3. Production on a first season for the Caprica prequel.

4. Production on three Battlestar Galactica TV-movies. They take place during season four -
    NOT after season four as I thought. Still in the early stages of development, but will
    likely be fast-tracked for July production. More will be known in the next few weeks.

11. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    OMG GAETA! He's being focused on so much more and more...just remember that when they reveal that he's the final cylon, I bet on him from day 1 of season 4! :D

Hera's turning into one of those creepy little girls. All she needs is a British accent and she'd be the scariest thing on SciFi at the moment...moreso than the idea of another season with Donna (gods help us). And yes, I made that up. No I didn't read it anywhere. I just needed something scary to compare Hera to.

Lee's totally going to be pres within the next few epis, isn't he? Especially after that little side chat with Roslin tonight...

Unfortunately, nothing really on the happy shippy side of things. She is taking that book with her on her trek to the basestar. Hmmmm. Can you imagine the Wrath-of-Adama when he gets the rebels within airlock range tho after what they just pulled?? XD

Oh!! and someone brought up the absolutely hilarious idea today of Cottle as the final 5th cylon. And I about died of hilarity. Seriously, that'd be epic in such a Monty Python sort of epicness :D

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Donna's improved, but I kinda agree with you.

And OMG6! OMGATHENA! OMGHYBRID! :p

13. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Further SPECULATION About The New Battlestar TV-Movies...

Possible subject matter (don't worry NO SPOILERS involved - only SPECULATION).

1. It might be that at least one of the new BG movies will focus more on the Cylon civil war. Up to this point the conflict has been mostly off-screen. One or more of these new movies might help to define some of the battles of the civil war.

2. Another possibility might involve Starbuck's search for Earth before the crew of the Demetrius started turning against her. Or perhaps while the show was focusing on the unraveling of Starbuck's mission in the past few episodes the Galactica found another 'road sign'.

3. Or to help define Saul Tigh's past we get a movie set during the First Cylon War. We get to see a younger Tigh fighting classic style Cylons. Not knowing his true nature of course. How he meets a younger Ellen. In contrast to Bill Adama's early wartime adventure Tigh's experiences are more robust. Remember when we watched a younger Bill during the First Cylon War we were watching Bill's first OFFICIAL mission during the tail end of that long ago conflict. In contrast Tigh is older and had a longer time to fight.

4. I've stated my hope that Ronald Moore might give us an episode like Babylon 5's Deconstruction Of Falling Stars. In other words a two hour epic that teases us about the future of the BG's in-universe history. From the perspective of some far future historian.

Of these four possibilties I'd say the one about a younger Saul Tigh in the First Cylon War would be the most likely. Followed closely by a deeper look at the Cylon civil war raging across the galaxy. By giving us more Tigh backstory the producers can further prepare us for the Caprica prequel and prepare us for the second half of season four at the same time. Furthermore a young Saul Tigh might be a way to pay further homage to the spirit of the classic BG's male Starbuck. By this I mean the younger Tigh could be dashing and heroic and with a 'devil-may-care' attitude. But wartime trauma and personal weakness will have its day with him and his career. It certainly would give the producers a chance to inject larger doses of dark irony into the second half of season four's revelation.

14. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    I bet a certain someone had a multiple 'squeeeee' experience last night regarding Bill's personal quest/vigil for Roslin.

:D

15. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    *DISCLAIMER*

No one is allowed to retroactively kill Kesh. :p That is all.

16. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Yesss...let's NOT just up and retroactively kill the Kesh. [face_worried]

If Baltar got a trial then so should the Kesh. [face_shame_on_you]

(sounds of a mob shouting "KILL-THE-KESH" in the background)

- !GULP! - [face_worried]

Is defense lawyer Romo Lampkin in the house? :cool:

17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    ADMIRAL TIGHLON!

HUSKER!

PREZLEE (which I did see coming from way back but still)

18. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Squees indeed! ... tho it does seem pretty selfish of the admiral if you ask me...

oh, and this is just to let everyone know also that I have very limited (aka, only-when-I-have-a-day-off-and-can-get-to-the-library) internet access. So text me or something if anything comes up. Otherwise, I'll see you all at very random intervals! ^_^

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I realise you won't get back to this post for a long time but do you have access to Skiffy?

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I asked a friend of mine from London, Ont., if she heard a massive squee during tonight's episode. If she didn't, I guess Lierin doesn't have cable :p

PS: re: Preview: HOLY FRAKKING SHART IN THE ARNUS

21. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well folks we're down to one more episode till the mid-season break. It is unknown how long the wait will be for the second half of season four. It might be January 2009 till we get more B-star-G goodness. BUT keep in mind the following-

1. Mid-season break 'webisodes'. Ten short on-line/televised sequences that focus on side issues of the fourth season.

2. Caprica prequel. The backstory events that would pave the way for the First Cylon War. Most likely the 'pilot' episode will arrive in mid-Fall (maybe October or November). Expect heavy amounts of irony and scandal.

3. B-star-G movie trilogy. Word is we might get three tv-movies or three straight-to-DVD movies. No one knows what these three movies will focus on. My thinking is we might get a two hour look at a younger Saul Tigh during the First Cylon War and how those memories affect his command of the Galactica after discovering his true nature in season four. But this be mere speculation.

4. B-star-G comic books. In the Fall we will get a six-issue series that takes place during the First Cylon War. Plus the on-going Origins maxi-series and the Season Zero maxi-series continue to add to the tapestry that is the new Battlestar Galactica.

So yeah it will be a painful wait till the second half, but we will be given some relief along the way.

22. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Time to update the ol' Caprica dramatis personae-

I'll match character to actor-

1. Joseph Adams/Adama - Esai Morales
    2. Daniel Greystone - Eric Stoltz
    3. Zoe Greystone, Zoe-A, Zoe-R - Alessandra Toressani
    4. Athenian Sect Sister Clarice Willow - Polly Walker
    5. Ben Stark - Avan Jogia
    6. Doctor & Mrs. Greystone - Paula Malcomson

Have yet to read of casting for young William Adams/Adama, Tamara Adams/Adama, Mrs. Adams/Adama, Tom Vergis, Caprican Special Agent, Cyrus, and some others. The Caprican Special Agent might be digging into Joseph Adams/Adama past or/and called in to investigate the seductress surgeon double agent spying on Vergis's intellectual property - Cylon tech. This Caprican Special Agent sounds like a cross between Rick Deckard (Bladerunner), Fox Mulder (X-Files) and the cops chasing fugitives from The Incredible Hulk (80s TV series) and The Fugitive (both the 60s TV series and Harrison Ford film).

23. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    I have spoilers for the mid-season break episode (June 13). BUT I'm sworn to keep the secrets. People prepare for one frakking intense episode. That's all I'll say. In other news actress McConnell (Roslin) has seen some dailies from the Caprica prequel that is currently filming. She was very impressed by what she saw. She says the actors on Caprica treat the cast of B-star-G like their 'parents'.

24. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Was there an episode of BSG last week? I didn't watch one, so I'm not sure if I can watch tonights episode yet.

25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    You can't watch tonight's episode because it doesn't exist ... it's on tomorrow night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.