main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Nugget's Lounge - BSG discussion, spoilers punishable by airlock

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    This is all IFF the actors and the ... whoever else it is ... settle.

2. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Yesss...there is that. BUT I think the 'powers-that-be' might be very wary of another L-O-N-G strike. BUT then with prices rising who knows. For sure we'll have the second half of season four and the first thirteen episodes of Caprica. I think the first season of Caprica was in the docket before any cutoffs in production (if this has happened - I've not kept up with the entertainment industry's latest legal wranglings). Too busy on my own writing. Which reminds me I must now jump back into that 'can-o-worms'.

3. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey here's an update regarding B-star-G comic books!

This September publisher Dynamite Entertainment will start a B-star-G comic book series titled GHOST. It will feature a 'black ops' viper squadron (yeah like the black/blue toy vipers from the Titanium line) that belonged to the Battlestar Pegasus. Ghost Squadron was attached to the 'Beast' prior to the Fall of the Twelve Colonies. It was on a hush-hush mission while the 'Beast' was being refit at the orbital shipyard around Scorpio (seen in Razor). Well Ghost Squadron was cut off by the massive Cylon attack. So Ghost Squadron found another way to fight and survive. They found a deep space salvage team also unaware of the attack. Sounds a bit like the SW: Rogue Squadron comic book from a few years back. Anyways this comic book series is further cool evidence that there are more B-star-G stories to tell. Also coming in the is a comic book series about the First Cylon War. The other two monthly titles - ORIGINS and SEASON ZERO continue. These comic books are top-notch and are great companions to the tv series. Visit Dynamite Entertainment for more info and artwork!

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    This does sound cool ...

5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    The 'Bucket' has it's Wedge Antilles in the form of 'Hot Dog'. So this Ghost comic book will give us the Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, Wes Janson of the 'Beast'. How kewl is that. Colonial Viper squadrons need some focus like SW gave to X-wing squadrons. Well looks like this be it. Might we not see a B-star-G novel series featuring the missions of Colonial Viper squadrons - past, present, future? I'm sure the writers of Ghost realize that SW comic readers will be comparing Ghost to Dark Horse's Rogue Squadron adventures. DROOOOOLLLLLL! Sorry the starship junkie in me is overly stimulated.

6. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    The latest TV Guide will have the first set images from the Caprica prequel. As I've stated the general look of this B-star-G backstory is 1930s-1950s, but enhanced by cellphones,GPS, FTL and cybernetic research. One of the images is of Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) and Daniel Greystone (Eric Stoltz). Joseph is wearing a black overcoat that reminds me of the 1980s TV series titled Crime Story (set during the 1950s oddly enough). He wears a 1950s style cap and has a fumerello (bibi or cigerette). Greystone looks a bit more modern in dress. The dark sunglasses he wears look like ones from the 1990s. Which kinda fits his character - that being a man ahead of his time - after all he is the inventor of the Cylon. Other images are of a diner serving Gemonese and Caprican meals as well as good ol' fashioned hamburgers (wonder if the patties are shaped like the books and papers of Colonial society). Also images of the Athenian University coat-of-arms and building are displayed.

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Looks like TokyoPop Manga comics are going to do an anthology of stories based on Sci-Fi Channel's version of B-star-G! The anthology is titled Shades Of New Caprica. It is scheduled for release March 2009.

8. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Battlestar Galactica - Season 4.0 - DVD Set

to be released December 30, 2008.

That's right B-star-G fans. The first half of season four will be available on DVD at the very end of 2008.

9. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    So for those of you wanting to know what to get me for ... um ... Kwanzaa :p

A show with one black guy who hasn't had lines since season 2! Perfect :p

/well, it's too late for Xmas :p

10. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well I found an excellent Battlestar Valkyrie (seen in the episode titled 'Hero' - was Adama's first command) model kit at Wonderfest! Also bought the Colonial starship called the 'Bezerk'. This smaller millitary starship is seen during the Cylon attack on the Scorpia Shipyard in the B-star-G tv-movie Razor. Likely the Bezerk was a Colonial destroyer or frigate.

11. DarthPupmind

DarthPupmind Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    I was on vacation the beginning of the month and watched every episode of BSG out so far. Loved it, watched it so much that week, I kept hearing "Multiple dradis contacts!" even when the TV was off.

12. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Yeah, it's television sci-fi at it's finest.

13. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    -URGENT CAPRICA REPORT-

Hey B-star-G fans a full Caprica promotional preview is up at Sci-Fi Channel's website. I found it through Ain't It Cool News. WOW! Looking good. Check it out. The promotional preview begins with something like - "When tragedy strikes...two families will rise...". You'll see Admiral Adama's father in his prime and shaking hands with Cylon inventor Daniel Greystone. Plus other intriguing elements.

14. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well fellow Nuggets we have a title to the new B-star-G television-movie that will be shown after the season 4 finale next year. The title is-

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - THE PLAN

Simple and to the point, eh? BUT oh so loaded with socio-political 'nudge-nudge-wink-wink'. It does not take much to compare and equate the Cylon Plan of 2003 (new BG's release year) with Bush's 'Shock-and-Awe' plan of 2003 (start of the disaster we're in now). I'm sure when the Cylons first began to draft their plan to attack the Twelve Colonies of Kobol a second time it looked great on paper. Just like Bush and his top henchpersons thought the 'Shock-and-Awe' plan would be a cake-walk like Gulf War 1. Oh what folly! The best made plans are laid to waste once the Chaos Factor clicks into place and starts taking pounds of flesh (or metal in the case of the 'chromejob' Cylons). The lifeblood of the new B-star-G is not hemoglobin. It is not even the ichor of gods. BUT rather it is IRONY. And so the new TV-movie next year will I think finally reveal just what the original plan was and how it did not stay on target. It will show how plans take on a life of their own and move in unpredictable ways. All the while drowning in vast oceans of pure allegorical irony. Is life mimicing art or is art mimicing life? Tune in next year for THE PLAN. That is if the McCain (really looks alot like Tigh) 'skinjob' allows the show to continue. I'm sure the weasel has a PLAN for Ronald Moore and his writing staff - not to mention the Constitution - after all what Bush began McCain will continue - as soon as McBush...er, uh...McTigh remembers where he placed the oval office paper shredder. (evil laugh) Heh-heh-heh

15. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    Not to mention John McTigh's VP pick looks a little bit like Roslin....So I guess Roslin must be the Final Cylon!

I'm Zach, over in Southen IL by the way, I've been to Evansville a few times. I can't beleive theres other BSG'ers around here! Do you guys costume,etc.? I'm Radium over at TCF (ColonialFleet), I've thought I was all alone down here with no BSG peeps to be found! I costume as a Battlestar Marine and collect BSG props/patches. I just got quite a few new items, so I'll wait to get some pics. of my current collection.

But ya, this is aboustly awosme to know I'm not alone finaly! Did/Are any of you at Dragon*Con? Hopefully you checked out our TCF party if you where/are there!

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Hello, and welcome to our boards! I'm not sure if any of us costume BSG, but we've got quite a few Stormtrooper/Rebel/etc costumers.

Although if I had the huge hair and a sexay chest I could play Lee in Series 4 :p

17. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    We have a new Nugget?

(using the Full Metal Jacket drill instructor's voice and mannerisms)

LET'S SEE YOUR FRAK-FACE NUGGET! THAT'S NOT A FRAK-FACE NUGGET! THIS IS A FRAK-FACE!

:mad:

:D

[face_laugh]

Nice to have you join our lounge. As a new member you should know we are official sponsors of the rag-tag civilian fleet's 'spinning wheel-shaped starship'. It is you might say the lounge's favorite ship design from the new B-star-G. Except for me that is. I don't like round or curved lines in ship designs. Don't get me started on those ugly Mon Cal 'flying pickles' or that ugly Enterprise NCC-1701-D. You'd be reading this on into infinity if I got started on that festering topic. Where were we? Oh yeah a new Nugget has joined our lounge to discuss all things B-star-G. Yesss...[face_thinking]. Feel free to discuss the new B-star-G, Caprica (prequel spin-off), classic B-star-G and so on. We are here for you. Tell us of the warm fuzzy feelings that new and/or old B-star-G causes. Tell us of how as a kid you counted daggits to sleep. Or how you bloodied the nose of some snot on the playground that claimed the X-wing starfighter was a better ship than the Colonial Viper - well that is if you were lucky enough to have experienced the late 1970s that is. Yesss...[face_thinking].

18. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    YES SIR! Frak face Sir! Joker Frak Face Unfortunalty Sir! -

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/wrinkles001a.jpg]

Heh, ya I'm not old enough to of been able to enjoy the original BSG first hand, but I got it together and enjoyed it later on! But my main love is deffitnly with the Nu-BSG. (Its odd being the nugget, I usualy get to be the one that yells at them! [face_laugh] ) I'll go take some new pics. of my pins and patches and Edit this post real quick. I got new stuff so I don't want to ruin the effect of my old set-up! :p I however don't have any good and proper pics. of my costumes. nothing but Con. pics. at the moment!

EDIT - As promised! LOL.

Officer Rank Pins (Missed LT) -
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Battlestar%20Galactica/Ranks001.jpg]
    Enlisted Rank Pins (Complete set!) -
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Battlestar%20Galactica/Collection001.jpg]
    And then heres my BSG shelf -
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Battlestar%20Galactica/Collection002.jpg]
    Lets see, BSG, Pegasus, and Trion patches made from the screen-used fabric, various militaria patches, Pyramid pacthes, my tags, and my spair costuming pins. (Not show, my Razor marine patches, my spair Triton patch, and my older Pegasus patches, my old Captain ranks, and my Virgon Venom Pyramid pacth, or my spair PO2 Marine pins.)

EDIT 2 - Wrong Officer Rank image, sorry! Its changed now!

19. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Impressive...most impressive.

BUT here is the true test of your unholy devotion to all things 'B-star-G'. Ready?

Do you have that official Battlestar Galactica toaster that burns the image of a modern 'chromejob' into the bread. These were sold at a comic-con.

Uh-oh...toast. I feel the need to play that Bob and Tom song now. Toast...toast...toast

20. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Absoutly not. :oops: I refuse to pay more than $10 for something that will hands down burn my toast. :p

But calling General Tso's chicken Colonel Tigh's chicken? Now that I do. [face_peace]

21. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003

If you had that, you'd never leave the apartment....

As the Nerd Queen, I command that it be done!

Welcome to our boards, JodoK!

22. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Heh, and here I thought that was just all one awsome welcome for me. [face_laugh] :p ;)

23. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    The other day I found the song The American Tune by Paul Simon. Why is this important you ask? Well as some of you know Ronald Moore (BG's exec producer) once intended to use The American Tune for the season 3 ender instead of Bob Dylan's Watchtower song. I've listened to The American Tune and indeed it would have been an excellent song for BG. I hope that at some point in the last 12 episodes of season 4 that The American Tune is indeed made use of. The feeling and lyrics do seem to match the journey taken and the Earth found. It would be interesting if someone took the season 3 ender and replaced Watchtower with The American Tune. Just to get some idea how it might have been. Or rather take season 4's highlights and edit together a 'summary' - adding The American Tune over it. If you're prone to sentimental emotions you'll have a lump in your throat and a tear in your single red eye. It is that powerful. One more thing to do in the next four months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.