main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Nutcracker

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Now, This my not be a valid punch in my "Man Card". But I have been to this before, and enjoyed every bit of it.

The Nutcracker is at the SF Ballet from December 14 - 31. I am thinking of going. Anyone else interested? :confused: Tickets range from $18 for standing room only, and up to $188. I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that by paying $188 you have the RIGHT to walk on stage at least once wave then sit down and later come out for the bow.

Getting gussied up and going out in the city is fun from time to time. Then we scrap our clothing by spilling mixed drinks all over them at some dive bar. But dinner will be first.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Wow... a cultured fellow this one. I ain't interested though. Unless I get to fight the Rat King in lightsaber combat I don't think it would be fun for me.

3. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Count me in for the cheap tix! A dive bar sounds goood...actually any bar sounds good right about now :D

4. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Should Have put this up at the start of the post.
    Here is the link.

http://www.sfballet.org/performancestickets/nutcracker.asp

Seating chart link:

http://www.sfballet.org/performancestickets/seatingchart.asp

Keep in mind. It's about a 2 hour show. When I went last time I sat in the "Balcony Circle". But they are $50, but a great view. The "Balcony" does have seating, and they are $18. It would be a fun event,trust! "Hey, It's me.":-B

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Sounds like a plan, Lou. It'll be a good excuse to dress up for an event (i.e. not in costume). As long it's not the day of the holiday party, count me in for now. Would it better to go on a weeknight, as opposed to a weekend night?

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I would totally be up for this. We used to go every year when I was kid. Have not been in several years. I personally would be willing to pay to get fairly good seats. No offense lou but I learned my lesson about standing room at the Giants game. On the plus side, you guys would get to see me in a dress. ;-) I would probably have to go on a weekend since I sometimes don't get off work till 7:30. However, I could possibly trade shifts if necessary.

7. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I love The Nutcracker. Saw it when I was around 12 or so. I may want to see this.

8. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Oh, I would not "Stand" for this at all. Seats are a must. Giants games are a different kind of event. A weekend would work better. I guess we can talk about it at the meeting and come up with a good date and time. I'll bring some info for people to gander over. Even the 2pm show the day of the party or the night before would be good also.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, we'll bring it up at the meeting. Remind me.

10. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Ok, here is the deal. Just FYI for those that could not make the meeting. We are planning on going to see the Nutcracker as a group. I know that up until Rama-Hanu-Kwanz-Mas, whichever you and yours celebrates, the days grow crazier.

************ Show date and time: Saturday 12/30 at 7pm ************

We have the choice of $18 upper level seats or a better view at $50. I have been here and the upper level Balcony is not bad, but the $50 for the Orchestra Side Front (w/ Lmtd View) or the Balcony Circle is well worth the extra bread. This is a "get dressed up" event. So please, your Tuesday's best only. Let us know if this date will work. There are shows from 12/14 - 12/31 twice a day except Mondays.

Here?s the skinny: I will collect all the money, and pay for it on my card at one payment, so we can all sit next to each other. If you can give me the change at the party, that would be perfect to ensure we get good seating. Or you can mail me the dough. Any questions about the ballet, please look above to the link posted, or click below.

Hope you can all make it!

11. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    That date works for me. I would be willing to spring for the $50 seats because I know in this kind of show it makes a difference but am willing to go along with the crowd.

12. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Just reminding people.

13. Ms_Skywalker

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm going Drastic Rock! I can give you the $ wheneva u want!

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'd have to get the cheap seats, after getting DVD's in the next couple of weeks (Superman set, Pirates 2, Rocky set, etc.), and being out of work and all. :oops:

15. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm still interested in this Lou. I just don't know where to sit. I would like a good view, but also, Matt can't sit alone. Wouldn't be right. :( So, I definitely want to go, but have to think about the seating for a bit. I can pay at the party if we end up sitting together. Or let me know when I should make my mind up for sure. Thanks.

16. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Same here, same here.

17. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    ReminderHere is the Price Per ticket.
    Dec 30, 2006
    7:00 PM Saturday 12/30 7pm
    Balcony Left Center
    Seat: G115 1 @ $18.00

$18.00

Subtotal $18.00
    Handling Fees $8.00
    GRAND TOTAL $26.00
    You can give me cash or personal check at the party. I will Buy the the day after.
    Hope you can all make it.

18. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Sounds good to me, Lou. :)

19. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Uhmm.. I think I'm out of town that day :oops:

20. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Yup me too. Out of town. I have a float to help decorate that night...

21. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I'll be drinking a rootbeer float [face_beatup]

22. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Ok, I got the tickets.

Rachael --- $paid x1
    Ann --- $ paid x1
    Eva ---$paid x2

Dale, Matt and Ms_Skywalker
    I have your tickets.
    I just need $26 from you, or I'm dispatching Boba!

Show time is at 7 pm. We can meet before for dinner.

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Lou,

I can give you a check at the show (unless you have PayPal). When and where are we meeting, and are we having dinner first?

24. Ms_Skywalker

Jun 17, 2005
    Thanks Drastik Rock!

Where do y'all wanna eat?

25. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Sounds good Matt.

Here is the info:
    San Francisco Ballet
    455 Franklin Street
    San Francisco, CA 94102
    (415) 553-4642
    It's in Hayes Valley.
    Between Fulton and Grove

Remember, this is a dress up event. No sabers, no robes, no buckets, no jet packs, no wookie scalps.

Show time is 7:00pm. We should be there about 6:20 or so.
    I may shell out for a fancy monocular, just to be a jerk.

I have tickets for:
    Matt,Dale,Gail,Anne,Eva,Angelica,Rachael and Me.

If any of you cannot make it let me know ASAP so then we can get someone to buy your ticket from you. There are no returns or refunds for the shows. I have the tickets waiting for me at will call at the ballet. So I will be there at 6:20 to get them.

We should find a restaurant near the ballet house and get there around 4:30 to sit by 5. Or we can shoot for a later dinner after the show.

I would highly suggest taking MUNI or a cab. Parking will be scarce.
    Any restaurant Ideas? Spit them out. No Mel?s or anything of that sort please.

Here is the MUNI map.

http://transit.511.org/providers/maps/SF_928200510805.pdf

The 21 and the 16ax and bx should get you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.