main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Nutcracker

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    What's the closest parking lot/garage?

2. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Probably the Civic Center garrage. It' a block away, across from City Hall, underground.
    There's a bunch of restaurants around there, including Max's Opera Cafe, and Chevy's, both on Van Ness.

3. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    If me and Heli come on bart into the city will someone pick us up from the bart and if so what time should we come in and who is up for the task? No robes, no sabers...........?????? What? Lou, you are no fun.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I guess in my car it'll be myself, Dale, Anne, and Rachel.

Remember guys and gals, this is a DRESS UP event, so no robes and lightsabers! [face_shame_on_you]

5. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    It's kinda bad when you have to say twice on a thread that the Ballet is a dress up occasion, not costuming one.

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, it was three times. [face_worried]

7. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
  8. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I think I may need a ride from BART as well. I haven't been around the boards in a few days, so I missed this. Is there anyone out there that drives that still has space? Thanks if you can help.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think that whoever's going in my car should meet at Rachel's around 4:30-5 pm (NO LATER), which should give us enough time to drive to get parking, eat, and get to the theater.

10. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Oh, wait Jedhead, is that Anne you listed me? I am the only Anne going, yes? Lol.

11. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    BTW - If you have binocs, bring 'em. Just in case, I'm bring a pair of opera glasses and mini-binocs.

12. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I asked Matt if he could take us because I knew you would need a ride. I guess I forgot to tell you Anne. Sorry about that. lol I can pick you up from Bart so we can meet Matt at my house if that helps. Also, I have one pair of binocs that I will be bringing and I can get more if people need them since I know we will be in the high section.

13. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Cool! Thanks Rachel!

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I lost my macrobinoculars in Beggar's Canyon, and they cost me half a season's salary! Damn Sandpeople! :mad:

15. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Opera glasses? What the @$#%? They make those? Wait...(Googling "Opera glasses")... Oh yeah, Opera glasses.:cool: Preaty cool! J/K.

As far as pre show din-din, any ideas? We should iron this out by today at the latest.
    I would be better to do dinner before the show, rather than after. The place of eats does not have to be in the same area, just a place were we can meet and then go on from there.
    Keep in mind, San Francisco, Saturday night, people in town for New Years, dinner time will be busy almost everywhere.

I will be coming will Gale to the show, so we can meet up then.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Wherever we eat, we should go within walking distance. I'll see if I can drive by the area this afternoon and post late tonight.

17. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    My suggestion is max's opera cafe which is at 601 Van Ness, not far from the Opera House. The portion sizes are large so we could even share things. We just need to make sure that we leave plenty of time because they won't let us into the ballet if we are late. Also, this way we would only have to park once. http://www.maxsworld.com/maxs/locations.php

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was thinking about that, Rach, when I was eating at Max's in Burlingame yesterday, and I remembered there was one in SF. :)

19. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    It's a plan. Lets meet at 5pm at Max's. I called to try to get a res, but the gal on the phone said no res. I asked the wait time for a table of 10 at 5pm on a Saturday. She said about 15-20 min. Gale and I will try to get there before hand, but i will just be sliding in from Suckaramento that afternoon.

This may work fine. But we have to be up and out quick. We should get to the place no later than 6:30, tickets and seats. And if there is anyone out there that knows girls, I know girls. Always making with the "I need to go to the bathroom".

Max's Opera Cafe
    601 Van Ness Avenue
    San Francisco, CA 94101
    (415) 771-7300

Here is a link to the Menu:

http://www.maxsworld.com/maxs/map.php?id=1

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, 5 pm at Max's.

21. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Yay! I'm feeling mostly better too. I went to work today. Only to almost get sick when I first read the boards upon arriving home. [face_sick] >>:p [face_blush]

22. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Anne,
    What time are thinking of heading into the city? Did you still want to meet at my place or did you just want to meet us downtown?

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I had a great time last night. Makes me want to have more "formal" events. ;)

24. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Word Matt! The production was class-A!=D= And you can't beat a show that included, the Three Amigos, a time machine, a drunk bear and a cavalcade of hot chickie babies all over the ballet house. YOW!!!! I go to the wrong places, this is the place where the girls are. Next year is a must, be we should sit lower. And Gale, stick to your guns on your order?. Happy New Year Fan Force!

25. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I would defienatly be up for going to more theatre. It's always nice to have an excuse to dress like a girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.