main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NW: 22 Sept - Chester - Supporting a charity event with 99th Imperial Garrison and Rebel Legion

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Local costuming group The 99th Imperial Garrison are working with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust to do a charity collection and walkround Chester's streets on Saturday 22nd September. Rebel Legion will also provide costume support at this event. I know for definite Jase is planning to come down, and just for that I am keen to attend anyways.

It would be great if any members in the North West (and North East) could attend and help this local Star Wars fan group (they need crew), their members are a great bunch and they have always shown the same core values we have - friendship through fandom. I am hoping to go along, I think I will be able to help crew for them, and Cozmic has said he'll attend to. It's the same weekend of the Southport Airshow, so we'd have to move the Fan Force UK North meet to that event to the Sunday (23 September).

I think Coz and I were going to propose a trip to Chester anyways, and though it will be fairly likely we won't get to see many of the tourist attractions, we will get to help a fellow Star Wars group who is friendly to us, plus do something for charity, and I know there are many members in North who appreciate this.

The thread for the 99th Imperial Garrison event is here - http://the99thimperial.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1924

The tourist info site for Chester is - http://www.visitchester.co.uk/
    Just in case you want to come down on the same day, but don't feel like crewing - it's not essential, just only if you want to.

2. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    If there is someone going to and back from this in the NE on the sat then I'll come and costume for this.

3. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I think there is Chris, but best talk to Jase re: arrangements and maybe also Nici from 99th (posts as M_at_99th on here). I am coming into this late, getting back into all the stuff going on ;)

4. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    As it stands myself, Jase, Nigel, Dave and possibly a guy called Adam (from the 99th) are all going through to represent the 99th - so with everyone & armour etc we will be full I'm afraid..

However if situations change we'll let people know [face_peace]

As far as costuming goes - this is a 99th event and I don't want to speak for Nici, but I believe that anyone costuming would have to of been cleared by either the RL or 99th (which doesn't take long !!)

You should get yourself onto the RL and/or 99th Ogli (depending on which Anakin you want to be - you could always join both)and get yourself cleared to costume for events (that goes for anyone who would like to costume for any of our charity events)

It would be great to get as many people along whether it be costuming/crew/visitor [:D]

5. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Wise you are in the ways of the Force Mr Thmid....were these insights taught by a Jedi...or....[face_devil]

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Aye, I should have made that clear Mr T (No.2) - since this is 99th's event, a costumer would have to be signed up with them or RL. Non costumers who are attending to help 99th, would be with them as crew. But since they are a great bunch, don't see a problem with that. But as far as I am concerned, FF does there bit to help out a local group, tis all good for the fan community.

7. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Should be a good event :)

8. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Just a quick heads up to anyone who wants to attend and take part in the event... but for Public Liability reasons you will have to register on their boards to prove that you are at least 'part' of their club (this will then cover you at the event).Join here

9. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Done and done [face_peace]

10. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    just to let people know adam from the 99th won't be going to chester, but is attending the 2 newcastle events (details of the one on the 15th to follow)

11. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    Sounds like fun !

Cozmic I left you a PM on the 99th boards

12. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
  13. T99IG-SHARKY

T99IG-SHARKY Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    Hiya,

Sharky from the 99th here.

Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have commited to come along to Chester on the 22nd especially those of you in the North East. Keep checking on the 99th boards for updated details for this event. You may also like to know that I am in the process of booking a series of events in the North East, Harlepool, Newcastle, Sunderland which you might ne interested in inlcuding a collection at Newcastle Race Course during a special Charity day in October and a collection at St James's Park, Newcastle FC for a charity dinner and music event. I'll post details of these again on the 99th boards and I'm sure that Tim, Spike, Nige, Dave amd the rest will pass on the info to these boards.

Any questions give me a shout, don't forget our huge NSPCC event at BEWL WATER, TUMBRIDGE WELLS on 15 September. We could do with some Rebel Scum joining us for this one!

Check out the 99th boards for all the info or drop me a message if you want to come along.

You can email me directlt at charity@the99thimperial.com

Have a great Day!

Paul

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    North East events? Excellent.

Sorry, but I won't be able to make Chester. I'll be there in spirit though :)

15. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Charity Event at St James Park...not sure you'll collect enough to bribe the ref! :D

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to the FF-UK North boards Sharky!

A great day was had by all, I believe there were about 18-19 costumed members and around 6 crew keeping a beedy eye on all proceedings (not sure on that lol). The FF-UK North had members there crewing as 99th, as well as Rebel Legion UK members (most who are in FF-UK North too) in costume for 99th. Everyone worked hard to make it all go well, and I think the people of Chester appreciated all the effort and I know the crowds loved the costumers. I'll leave the grand total for a 99th official to post, but it was a big amount.

This is what fandom is about, this is what all our combined groups are about - making an effort for fandom, doing something for the community (and ourselves), and if we can entertain people along the way, so much the better.

United we stand.
    Ian as Chewbacca (Venom - 99IG)
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_01.jpg]

Hitting the streets
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_02.jpg]

Hunted and chained - Mandalorians and Chewie
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_03.jpg]

So that's where he gets his armour!
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_04.jpg]

Group photo of the costumers (there is one somewhere with the support crew doing "crew crouch")
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_05.jpg]

Check out Chewie at the back ;)
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_06.jpg]

A closer look at the rebellious wook
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_07.jpg]

Imperial sguadron - he'll take the leader
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/99th%20Chester%2022%20Sep%202007%20Cystic%20Fibroris/99th_22sep07_chester_08.jpg]

17. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    just like to say thanks to tim and coz (for being the emperor's personal photographer) for their help yesterday and hope to see them at more events weather it be 99th or rebel legion
    we can't do what we do if it wasn't for the help of crew members

18. Ranouch-Heath

Aug 20, 2007
    Id like to add my Thanks to Tim and Coz and everyone who attended it made the day
    Its good to see how well we all got on together (And problems like me and Coz finaly sorted out ;) He's a Cracking guy)

Its good to see how FFUK worked with costuming members as crew as well as helping with costume fitting and water.

Hopefully more to come in the future

19. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Glad to hear it went well, and great to speak to Ian and Chris (Spike) on the phone post-troop.

20. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Just what they said...thanks to Tim n Coz. [:D]

Personal thanks to Coz for keeping my bits together through the day (I swear Coz - I am gonna get some heavy duty velcro...honest!).

He never realised what crewing entailed exactly...until.....its a wonder there arent more female crewers lining up for a piece of the crew action looking after the boys in plastic...[face_blush] :p [face_dancing]

[face_whistling]

21. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    ;)

Looks like a good troop.....I'm guessing that's Spike_T in the Vader cossie? Looks great! :D

22. Ranouch-Heath

Aug 20, 2007
    You just wait until you see the Welcome to Chester Video He was asked to Do also

23. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    And you too dude ;)

Have to say I had a great time yesterday, and was happy to crew and help out. It was no trouble at all [face_peace]

24. T99IG-SHARKY

T99IG-SHARKY Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    Guys, I can not thank you enough for coming to Chester on Saturday - you really made a difference - we raised a hell of a lot of money and I will post the total on the 99th boards when I get it.

This event started out as a very small 2 - 3 costume event and boy did it blossom with 19 costumes on dispay and some very very good crew members. As you can see by Tims pictures we really took over the city centre that day and to be fair the Chester folk were very hospitable not to mention generous with plenty of notes finding their way into the collection tins!

Nigel Palpatine - you broke some Hearts on Saturday, Spike you make an ace Vader, Dave and Katherine, Steve most impressive and inspiring costumes, Cosmic, Tim, Lynne - uber crew, Veers - you looked cool in the Tie and Edge held his own as the lonesome clone - great costume!

Thanks Guys and Let's do it again soon!!!!

Sharky
    Charity Officer
    The 99th Imperial Garrison

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I just kept trying to run away from these strange people in Star Wars costumes and they kept following me!!! That was my tale of crewing :p

I did laugh though with people's reactions to Vader, the Mandalorians, and Imp costumers. People actually screamed and ran away, especially the ladies of Chester.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.