main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NW: "Celebrating the Magic of Star Wars" event at Spaceport - 20 & 21 Oct 2007

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    "Stars Wars Weekend

Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st October 2007, Spaceport will be hosting a weekend to celebrate the magic of STAR WARS!!!

Meet the characters from the films - Paul Blake (Greedo), Rusty Goffe (Jawa), Richard le Parmentier (Admiral Motti) and Gerald Home (Tessek). Why not have a look at Gerald's web page? www.geraldhome.com/

' Darth Vader' will make a 'special' entrance on both days

This weekend will be the opening of a 5 month Sci-Fi exhibition organised by Merseytravel & Knights of the Empire in conjunction with Sci-Fi retailer - Skywalkers.

There will also be traders, prop makers and other attractions such as a laser tag death star game that you can play.

The exhibition will feature many props and memorabilia from Sci-Fi films such as Alien v Predator, E.T. Also Spiderman and Lord of the Rings."
    http://www.spaceport.org.uk/space-visit/special.aspx

It's being organised by Merseytravel, Skywalkers and KOTE. Anyone interested in attending the event and the sci-fi exhibition?

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/newsarticle.asp?articleid=1284&catid=1

This is the first weekend of my half term off, so I may be able to do "some" meet like stuff during the week.

2. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    Another good event But a bit too close to G-mex for my likings

3. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Tough you are coming. This post has spoken! :p

No worries, had a feeling it'd be more the NW crowd. Shame it ain't a local group doing the costuming tho, it's right in 99th heartland.

4. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    The thing to remember is that a large portion of the KOTE membership are northerners as well, so they are a local group.

Also, we are attending this as much more than a costuming presence, we have done a large part of the organising as well for the entire event.

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    We're short staffed for cooks at the mo, so don't think I'll be able to get the time off for this and the Halloween meets as well.

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Thanks Phill :cool: I actually didn't know they had a strong showing in the North tbh, thought it was more Midlands based, but what with Blackpool and Spaceport, it could have been either people happy to travel or yeah, as you say, more people up North now. As for local for the 99th though, a lot of members are in the Wirral and literaly have to roll out of their beds and they are outside the con lol. It's that close.

Anyways, good luck with the troop, I may see you there on the Sat, just said the same to Mark.

Don't worry Coz, Halloween is fine ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.