main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio NW Ohio FanForce - Second Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    There's been some interest in meeting next week in Findlay. I'm thinking that later in the week will work best for those of us just returning from Celebration 2.

The place being discussed for the meeting is Damon's.

2. donna

donna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Once we get a date I can call Damon's to see about getting a table/section for us blocked off. Or we can just sit in the clubhouse, Damons is never really packed during the week.

3. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    do we want to set up the second meeting this week? We could talk about our experiences at Cel. II. I can share my fuzzy pictures =)

4. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I don't think I'm going to be able to do it this week, probably not my friends either. If we think it would be worth it, we could try next week possibly or something.

Also, I'm trying to get people around for a trip to one of the digital projection theaters. I hear there's one in Detroit and there's one in Cleveland. Perhaps we could recruit some new members for this.

5. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Up!

Any suggestions for a digital screening trip? I know that there is a digital theater in Detroit and one in Cleveland. I think Donna said she was hitting the one in Detroit sometime soon for a screening.

Or we could just plan to meet up at the Showcase in Maumee for a viewing in the meantime.

6. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    Good idea Tobey-Wan! I would love to see the movie with actual FANS! My schedule is pretty open (though I am busy this weekend), so let me know when is good.

I'm going to see AOTC at the Digital Theater on Wednesday. If we are interested in going up there I'll make sure I remember the ticket prices and such.

Would we like to try to schedule a meeting in the mean time? Would anyone be interested in that?

7. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    If we are going to schedule a meeting, I think a viewing of AOTC should be involved for those interested. Perhaps at the Findlay theater if we had to, though I would prefer Showcase Maumee.

Probably a weekend day would be best, perhaps on a Sunday?

8. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Okay, here's two suggestions.

1. We meet at Showcase Maumee about 15-30 minutes before showtime. We catch Episode II and then go grab a bite to eat (or just sit and talk if you want).

2. We meet someplace to eat around noon or so, and get to know each other (if some of us haven't met) and eat. Then anyone who is interested can head over to Showcase Maumee and watch Episode II.

Either one is fine with me. The reason I offer the 2nd suggestion is in case someone may not want to go watch Episode II. Of course, maybe those aren't the kind of people we want around... JK :)

9. jedimomg

jedimomg Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Monroe is showing Ep 2 on one digital screen

10. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    I did not know that Monroe even HAD a digital theater! and I drove to Detroit on Wednesday to see Ep. II digital... my bad.

I know I am always saying this, but I am up for anyone of those ideas... Maumee or Monroe. Though, I do like the idea of eating before just because its cheaper (I wont have to get anything to eat at the movie :)

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, plan 2 works for me. Any suggestions on places to eat? Max and Erma's is not too far from the theater, so I would suggest that.

Also, would Sunday be okay?

12. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    A Sunday would be fine with me.

there is also a Frickers =)

Actually, the big boy would not be bad because its never really crowded and there would be plenty of room to "meet". It is also v. close to the theater. If we went early enough there is a breakfast buffet.

13. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    did i miss it? if i did thats a shame .... if anything is gonna be going on with the fanforce from toledo please email me at nirvana13@brownsmail.net or IM me on instant messanger at SJJTITANS13

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.