NW: Southport - "Food and Drink Festival" >> 17/05/2007 - 20/05/2007

Discussion in 'North' started by timbolton, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Southport Food and Drink Festival

The Food and Drink Festival, Southport's newest major event, will take place across the town over 4 days and will feature stalls, demonstrations, a real ale festival and a superb range of food and drink.

There will be a Continental Market on Lord Street, a Farmers Market and stallholders from across Europe and the UK and in the 'Southport Restaurateurs Association' marquee, local chefs will be cooking up a mouthwatering range of dishes from their menus.

Many restaurants will be offering special themed menus - including for those of you with a sweet tooth 'pudding clubs' - during the event, so why not stay over and enjoy a couple of evenings in Southport.

Dates
    Food & Drink Festival 17/05/2007 - 20/05/2007

Thursday 09:00 - 23:00

Friday 09:00 - 23:00

Saturday 09:00 - 23:00

Sunday 09:00 - 23:00"

URLs - Visit Southport | Liverpool.com

Anyone up for a trip to Southport? We could do some of the touristy things (eg, take a ride on the Southport Belle on the Marine Lake - can check if it's running, should be by now).
  2. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm sorry Tim, I've messed up. I forgot to ask for the time off for this and it would be too late now because they did next weeks rota yesterday. I totaly forgot, I've not been 100% with it the past week.
    Should we go with the backup plan of the curry night that following Monday, or do we have it next week?
  3. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    what? the curry is a backup plan? :eek:
  4. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well what me and Tim planned was if I couldn't make this meet was to have a curry meet on the 21th, so it would mean we'd have two meets that weekend :)
  5. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, sorry, I had mentioned to Coz about maybe combining these two (I was a little slow to post about this one, sorry :( ) if people preferred it so that they don't have two consecutive weeks - just in case people don't want to do too many meets (I am happy to meet each week lol :p ).

On the Sat for this event I think one of my work colleagues is coming to Southport in morning, not sure how long she'll stay, but think she was not going to stay too long.

So curry meet - weekend of this event or week before (as in next Monday)? I don't mind, but we are running out of time.
  6. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm happy to have the curry next monday if that's still cool with everyone else.
  7. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i asked a friend if she wanted to go to southport for that one and she said a definite maybe. would you like to show off your place?
  8. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What day would you come Martina? I'd be definitely up for Sunday, think best on Sat just to spend with my work colleague, though I am guessing she is only gonna stay for the morning.
  9. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well, we would have come up saturday... we might take our time and then meet up with you or something. dunno. maybe we can sort that out on monday.
  10. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Saturday is back on, I got the day wrong my work colleague can come, she'll be there on Sunday, so yeah - we can do Saturday, all day :D
  11. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Looks like I might be able to come Saturday, seen next weeks rota and it seems I'm only in Friday and Sunday :)
  12. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    that's great. so we can geek out together over food?
  13. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good job we re-arranged to Sat, seems the Belle only floats on Saturday, I went past the landing spot today and it was either (a) sunk (by an iceberg) (b) gone submarine mode (c) stolen by trackie wearing scousers (d) joined the pirate fleet of Captain Jack (e) not out on Sunday.

I'd go for (b) but I think (e) is more likely.

So aside for staring/smelling/eating European and International food, Belling on the Marine Lake, maybe taking a tram to the end of Southport Pier (£1.50!) and spending a penny in the Penny arcade there, I'll have to think of more stuff to see/do. There is the smallest pub in England by the Marine Lake but after walking in there yesterday, I'd say the clientelle put those from that hive of Scum and Villany Mos Eisley to shame, so maybe not a good idea. But that's up to you. We may lose more than an arm, and no jedi involved :p
    There is always shopping on famous Lord Street for the ladies present (looks at Coz :p ), and you can visit the little shop I call home - aka Planet Eater, my local comic shop and meet Colin the boss.

There are plenty of restaurants on the sea front - from eat all you can chinese of Elements , Chicken-focused (with veggie options) Nandos ( http://www.nandos.co.uk/ ), New York styled Frankie & Benny's ( http://www.frankieandbennys.com/ Maggie and I went there), to Mexican Chiquitos ( http://www.chiquito.co.uk/ ). There is a popular Lebanese restuarant near the train station, and loads of Indian and Chinese places in town centre.
  15. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What are you insinuating there Tim :p ;)
  16. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I thought you were Sie's >>censored<< so I am guessing he makes you wear the Aunt Beru costume haha :p
  17. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who says he makes me wear it :p
  18. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Way too easy to get a confession out of you :p
    First it was Ogli, then Sie and his shirtless msn avatar, and now Coz as Beru. When will all the suffering end?
  19. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Must be a North CR thing, though put a wig on me I do make a sexy girl ;) :p
  20. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Since I don't drink, I'll need real beer goggles for that to be true.

[image=http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/09/01/200beergogs.jpg]
  21. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Search your feelings, you know it to be true ;)
  22. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sounds good (apart from the cross dressing). i just hope the weather is somewhat bearable.
  23. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So are we still going with 11:30am?
  24. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, 11:30 Southport station. Unless someone needs later?

I'll be there with the brass band ;)
  25. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    good good *strokes beard*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.