main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NW: Southport - "Food and Drink Festival" >> 17/05/2007 - 20/05/2007

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by timbolton, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Crepes, "gay times" and Vegetarian Black Puddings
    Reports of some merriment by the sea

Another enjoyable meet for the Fan Force UK: North by Northwest crew! :D Thank you to everyone who could make it to my humble little hometown, sunny Southport where it definitely never rains and the sea is in every time you go check (just in case it's been nabbed, we are in Merseyside you know, not Lancashire :p ).

Coz and I started the day off a little early since he had unfortunately been called into work for Saturday. After a little wandering (aimlessly as much as we could) we meet two lovely ladies at Southport station, Martina and her friend Andrea. Onwards to Lord Street (which I'll have you all know influenced Napoleon Bonaparte after his visit to redesign Paris when he became Emperor!) we went for a coffee and smoothie ... Coz providing the latter with classic Cozmic comments :cool: ;) . Stall oogling continued (hats especially) until we decided to go look for a Belle, and unfortunately there was no belle floating in the water. Maybe it was the wind (which was stronger than normal) or maybe it was currently being sold down some dark alley in Liverpool, but a little disappointed and with a quick shower looming above us we trudged onto the pier. A pleasant stroll later we were at the end of the pier, with re-enactments of scenes from Titanic (I think ... no photo evidence will be posted :p ) a local fisherman took a posed pic of our little troupe for us, I hope he caught some fish that day, but then again not sure I'd eat em if they came from Southport's waters lol.

At the end of the pier is cafe with a penny arcade. That provided the next part of the entertainment, though Coz unfortunately couldn't get one the machines to provide him with the looks of his future wife. Twice. I did suggest trying to go for husband though, but the laugh was back on me soon. We all tried the gyspy predictor, bit like that scene from Big, little Tom Hanks going to Madame Zelda or Mr Zorba or whatever. I tried the same machine as Coz for a prediction and this is the last bit of my message ...
    "Being adventuresome, you say yes to a friends offer of a ride in his motor car. You'll both have a gay time"

Indeedy!
    Jase good buddy, don't be annoyed if I refuse a lift ok? You are cute in your own Rebel Jedi way, but I think I'll stick to brunettes (ie with hair) and of the non-male (ie female) kind if you don't mind ;) :p

At this point we lost our cozmic influence. He has to return to the real world and do some work for once. Leaving him at Southport station, we returned back to Lord Street in need of a Crepe. And what a crepe it was! The ladies went for something a little more filling, I went for sweet cinnamon. Great stuff. Best crepe in ages! You had to have been there, the crepe jokes kept us going through the disappointment of not sitting on a Belle, and floating round a Victorian man-made lake.

We walked back to the pier having decided we needed some movie time, so we got to the Vue, and booked tickets for Zodiac. Good film, just be aware Martina doesn't like scary films. Take note ;) :p Hope you didn't have nightmares last night M [:D]

Movied out, we headed back to town for the Lebonese restaurant that had come highly recommended. The service was a little disorganised (to say the least) but the food was delicious and the waitress (more confused than me on most days, a hard feat to undertake) was very funny, I even got compared to Lee Evans at one point. Not sure if that was a compliment or not. I'd say not lol.

So after all the fun, it had to end unfortunately, and I waved goodbye across the barriers at Southport station then headed back to Bolton residence, heart of Southport, full of crepe, smoothie, "worm rice" and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Next day I saw that the Belle was running, and even Vader has nothing on the "Nooooooooooooooooooo" I scream across the marine lake. But I did buy some veggie black pudding ... check [link=ht

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Awesome report, and great photos, Tim :D Looks like you guys had a great time. And Southport looks...rainy... :p

3. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    There is no rain here young man *waves hands* This isn't the crepe you are looking for *takes crepe*

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, looked pretty grey :p

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    "Your eyes can decieve you. Don't trust them." :p
    Was glorious blue all day, and that's the story I am sticking with.

6. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
  7. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    whoah, nice pics! :D

nice having a crepe with you lot :*

8. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Really had fun Saturday, shame I couldn't spend more time with you guys. :D

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Next time the crepe is on me!

I have more photos to send you M, including the Titanic one, will send em via email ;)
    Hope Andrea got back safe *waves* :D

10. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    dunno if andrea will upload them herself, but the ones she took of me and coz are very cute. as per usual :D

11. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    at my cutest:

[image=http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7876/n51009593284171755lr5.jpg]

[image=http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/701/n5100959328416812pz3.jpg]

[image=http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7876/n51009593284171755lr5.jpg]

[image=http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/484/n51009593284169269ej9.jpg]

12. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005

We make such a lovely couple there Martina :p

13. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Awwwwwwww [face_love]

14. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    so cute! i know! adorable and all! :*

edit: crikey i put one pic twice!

15. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well you know that offer is always open Martina ;)

16. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    *fans self*

:*

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    lol :p

Though I'd be more than happy to give myself to you Martina, you know I've only got eyes for one lady round here ;)

18. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    er, ... sie? :confused: :p

19. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.