main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC / Boston Rebels Wager

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    After a great weekend of Baseball between the heroic Boston Red Sox and the Evil Empire that is the New York Yankees I thought a wager with our friends in NYC might be fun. I contacted Meriwyn and she is game.

The wager is on the results of the race for the American League Eastern Division. If the Boston Red Sox win the division then the Rebels win the bet. If the New York Yankees win, then the universe is unfair and Star Wars NYC wins.

So what we need is for some people to put up something for the wager. I'll start things off with a Jorg Sacul figure from Celebration II.

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    If Boston wins they all have to have their pic taken in front of Yankee stadium with Yankees suck T's on 8-}

No seriously.Sounds like a good idea.How about if Boston wins, They treat us to Dinner somewhere in NYC.If NY wins we do the same here in Boston.

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's hard to get some of our members to travel to the South Shore, let alone NYC. ;)

4. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Um?

...........*looks for bottles and bricks about to be thrown at him*.....

What about those of us in Boston that like the Yankees? Are we to be lumped in with NYC on this?

5. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    It's hard to get some of our members to travel to the South Shore, let alone NYC.

For a free meal I'll go anywhere ;)

6. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    What about those of us in Boston that like the Yankees? Are we to be lumped in with NYC on this?

[face_shocked] You're dead to me Moby.

7. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    How can you like the Yankees? I just didn't relise such scum existed in these parts ;p

8. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't particularly like or dislike either team as I'm attached to the Cleveland Indians for the rest of my life (go ahead and laugh...we'll be good again, you'll see! someday...). However, in keeping with Boston spirit, I'm sure I can find some nifty Star Wars thing to donate. I'll let you know when I decide on something. :)

9. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Good Idea! Yeah for the Red Sox!

10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    *walks in defiantly, chin quivering*

We're not s-scared of you guys! You all are sooo ON. Just wait, Bernie "I Eat Red Sox In My Sleep" Williams hasn't even woken up yet. And we still have the late, great Babe Ruth on our side. [face_devil]

*waves eagerly to Moby* I don't know you, but you're cool. Obviously brought up right. ;)

kidding guys, you're all cool. Bosox keep things interesting. Later! :)

11. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    ?We didn?t play well in Boston, but I?m not getting down on anyone. It?s a long season and a long way to go . They haven?t won anything yet.? ? George Steinbrenner :mad:

A statement to the press after this weekends Yankees and Red Sox series.

My question is why does Georgie boy feel the need to even make this statement to the press.

A little scared perhaps Georgie is protesting too much I think. [face_laugh]

Supposedly if he is not that concerned, then why even bother to make the statement?

I don?t believe that the division will decided from this weekend?s series.
    But if the Red sox continue to step up their game like they have been and Yankees continue to float along like they have then we can expect to see the Red Sox overtake the Yankees.

Only 1.5 games behind, scratching at the Yankees heels.

The wolf climbing the mountain tends to be hungrier than the wolf at the top. [face_devil]

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Yanksfan: "And we still have the late, great Babe Ruth on our side."

Now that the mess with Teddy Ballgame has (for the most part) been sorted out, the infamous "Curse" will no longer matter. The Kid will be watching over all in RedSox Nation by kicking the Babe's butt. Ensuring victory over the Evil Empire and their leader, Darth Stienbrenner.

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    How about rather than wearning the Yankees/Boston sucks t-shirts, the losing team has to make a small banner that says something to the tune of-
    "The (team name) are the better team. They deserve to go to the World Series more than the (team name) do. All hail those in (team name) Nation, we are not worthy!"
    and have their picture taken in front of their respective stadium. Money and items come and go but the embarrassment of a picture like that would last forever.

14. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Anybody else think it's kind of funny that the Yankee's nickname around these parts the last couple of years is the "Evil Empire"?

15. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
  16. EdajAram

EdajAram Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2002
    Blah. This is just mean. I'm a Boston Rebel, but DUDE! I'm from Long Island. Of COURSE I support the Yankees. :p So unfair. I love going to Yankee games. So that means I fit in... where? What about those of us who are members of both the Rebels AND SWNYC? Huh? Huh? Didn't think about that did you? (btw, I'm really tired. Really really tired)

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Rachel,
    Even though you are a member of both BOS and NYC fanforce groups, you are from Long Island and SHOULD root for the Yankees. There is no shame in rooting for YOUR home team instead of the home team from where you happen to live.

18. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Rachel,

Be very careful who you root for. You don't want to be dead to either of your CR's [face_mischief]

19. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yankees suck.

EDIT: So do the Sox. :p

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The Sox don't suck! They just had a tough series against two of the worst... teams in the... league? Ohhh nevermind.

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    If the Boston Red Sox win the division then the Rebels win the bet.

Come on now...like that is going to happen. :p

I know that I represent NJ and all...but I am shocked that you did not even consult us. :p

Yankees Rule.

I am here to support all the troubled Yankees fans that live in Boston. ;)

But don't sweat it...one of my Council members is a BoSox fan...

22. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    I feel bad for Yankee fans. They don't know what it's like to live in a real baseball town with real baseball fans who know what they're talking about.

23. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Two Words....

Yankees Suck!!!!!

24. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    First of all let me say that I hate the Yankees as much as the next Red Sox fan. I probably hate them more than a sane person should. However, the Yankees Suck chant has always bothered me. They don't suck, the number of World Series Titles is a testament to the fact that they don't suck. They do however have the some of the most obnoxious fans (second only to Phillies fans)and they have an unfair advantage in terms of revenue to spend on players.

So I say let's do away with the Yankees Suck chant and go with the more truthful Nomar's Better chant.

25. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Can't do that. The Yankees Suck rallying cry is a long-standing, time-honored tradition. And they do suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.