main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY NYC FanFilm - TRIALS OF THE JEDI

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Venom, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Hi all, just starting another thread about the fanfilm that is currently in the works in NYC. TRIALS OF THE JEDI is the story of a young Jedi knight sent on a mission which could alter the course of history. Set 2000 years before Episode 1, during the SITH WARS, TRIALS OF THE JEDI - Unsung Heros, gives us a glimpse into the star wars universe that not many have seen.

I'll be updating this thread regularly as productions continues.

Darth Venom
    Writer/Director
    "TRIALS OF THE JEDI"
    A Cutter One Production

2. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Very cool! i didn't realize there was a fanfilm community here in NYC! Where're u guys filming? How far along? I'm really curious (film student over here) so please keep us updated :)

3. New York Jedi

New York Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 1999
    Hey Darth Venom, I realize that you have probably cast it already. But I'm accualy an actor here in NYC, and would love to be part of a Star Wars type film. If it can't happen no sweat, but if you need some more people give me a holler. Heck I'll even send you a headshot and resume if you'd like.

4. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2000
    I'm still down to participate Venom.

1-917-783-6958 <~~~my cell number
    prank callers welcome =)

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE As long as you are posting that at your own risk. Let see how many calls you get lol

6. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Hi all, well here's some of the info. So far I'm working on the script and I'm about 2/3 done with it. The expected running time is going to be in the 40-60 minute range. Most of the lead characters have been cast, however, there are still some very significant characters yet to be cast. We welcome anyone in the area who wants to participate. Unfotunately, we're not paying anyone for this. It's all voluntary.

As for where we are at, we're in the early pre-production phase right now. My brother Cailinn-Sarr (which is also the lead characters name) is in charge of props, sets, wardrobe, and lighting. I'm writing, directing, 3d animator, editor, etc. As you can see, we're doing so much that we're not going to turn away anyone.

Darth Malevolence, don't worry dude, I got your number written down on my "list of people to call when I can actually free up enough time to pick up and dial the phone".

Everyone who is interested in participating can email me at: Cutter07@earthlink.net

I'll keep the updates coming as they come in.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.....

Darth Venom
    Writer/Director
    "TRIALS OF THE JEDI"

7. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2000
    cool Venom...i hope i get to play a Sith or a Jedi that gets killed =)

dont worry MS, im gonna post how many pranks i get...lol...actually, most of u know i play in a band, and when we get the ultimate prank call, its gonna be included on our upcomming CD as a hidden track...lol

PEACE

8. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Expect an email DarthVenom :)

9. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Just wanted to thank you guys for all the interest & offers of help,lord knows we need the help(handling all this stuff with just my brother & me is sometimes really hectic).
    Once again thanks folks hope to hear from you all soon.Talk later.

10. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Hi all,

Well, here is an update on what's going on with "TRIALS OF THE JEDI".

1. New Year's resolution to get "this damned movie" done by the end of the year.

2. Meeting between Fight Choreographer/Martial Arts expert and Production staff (Director, Executive Prodcuer, Prop/wardrobe dept.). Plans finalized for 1st. of 2 fight sequences.

3. Very basic website started for the film, more work to be done on it ASAP. web address is: http://fan.starwars.com/TrialsOfTheJedi/trialsoftheJedi.html

Just thought I'd get everyone up-to-date on what's going on.

11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Thanks for the update, I am sure I speak for all of us when I say we cannot wait to see the completed product

12. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Thanks Mystery Sith, everyone on the team is giving 110% to make this good, afterall, we are NY and the center of the universe and all, so when we do something it's gotta be done "right".

On another note, the website has been updated. Nothing major just some pics of Cailinn and the fight choreographer for the film.

Also, everyone who expressed some interest in helping out (you know who you are) email me please. We're going to be getting some of the cast and crew together soon for an "official" production meeting, and I'd like to know who to expect.

Look for regular updates soon.

PS. the address for the site is in my post above.

13. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Venom,

how's it going? i've been a poster on these boards here for some time now, but only now decided to check out the NYC fan force section. and what do i find? another brave troupe about to make a fan film in NYC.

my name is max, and in the summer of '99 i shot a film called "The Hidden Jedi." it is still in post production, but we intend to get it finished by spring time.

how does this concern you, you ask? well, let's just say there are a few things i would have done differently were i given the chance. NYC can be a harsh mistress- and also at times a very forgiving spirit. i thought i might be able to give you a few tips while you're still in post production.

if you're interested, PM me, as i dont come by here often. i'd be happy to chat.

and good luck.

14. Cailinn-Sar

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey Echo whats going on this is Venoms brother I'm also woking on the film as you can see in my info under my name.Anyway thanks for the offer of help,although we've been working on this a while & got most of our style down were always on the look out for suggestions & advice so you will more than likly hear from us soon.Once again thanks for the offer dude.Talk to ya soon.

15. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Cailinn,

nice to meet ya! i'm sure you have your own style going and i don't doubt that things are running smoothly- i wouldnt want to intrude in any way. but, that said, having "been there" i thought i might have a few words of advice from a purely logistical angle. for instance- where are you shooting? where are you (if you are) renting equipment?

what's your background? are you/were you film students? if so you probably have most of this stuff figured out.

i mean, we thought we did- but when it came down to it i wonder why we didnt blink at the idea of having more rotoscoping to do than in all 4 star wars movies combined (or about as much, anyway.)

so give a shout out- i'm curious as to what your deal is.

Echo.

16. Cailinn-Sar

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey Echo,I hope you didn't get the wrong idea from my posting(I guess it sounded kind of arrogant).We'd love any help/suggestions you could give.My brother & I never went to any film school or such were just die hard SW fans.We are in the Audio/Video feild(A/V techs)so thats where most of our knowlage comes from.So feel free to contact us when ever.Once again,thanks for any help you can give.Later dude.

17. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Hey, this might be a bit pre-mature but hey I am ever the optimist! Not a Sithly trait I know I am working on it....

When this is done do you plan on having a public showing of it somewhere? Renting a hotel room, hall, soemeone's basement on a 13" tv? Anything? If its done by October perhaps you can show it at Chiller Con in New Jersey if you can stand the toxic waste and brave the New Jersey Deathtrap (aka turnpike) to get there! Would love to see it among friends :D

MTDBWY

18. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    hmmm...I hadn't really thought about that Ladysith, but now that you mention it...it's a pretty good idea. I'll have to talk to my brother about that one because the company he works for rents LCD projectors and screens and sound systems for just this sort of thing....hmmm...I'll have to talk to Cailinn.

Thanks for the idea Ladysith.

19. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    You are very welcome!

I have viewed plenty of fanfilms and micro budget shorts at cons and impromptu meetings, that is why I suggested Chiller! :D I look forward to seeing it!!!

20. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Hi all, just thought I'd let all of my fellow NYC fans know that I just uploaded a "test" clip that we filmed last weekend for TOTJ. if you go to the TOTJ website and click on the "multimedia" button you will be taken to the page where you can get the file. Just scroll down until you come to the "videos" section.

The file is in .avi format so there shouldn't be any problems playing it. It's 3mb so it shouldn't take to long to download. Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

the address is http://fan.starwars.com/trialsofthejedi/trialsofthejedi.html

21. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Hi folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've posted a little test clip I did of TotJ's Sith ship doing a simple flyby. You can view it by going to the TotJ webpage (see above post) and following the multimedia link.

Let me know what you think.

P.S. You need to have DivX installed on your computer in order to view the clip.

Thanks

22. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    first, i finally checked out "the brothers" site and it is cool! can't wait to see the finished product. second Echo do you also go by the name lars kenobi?

23. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    nope. i'm echo and only echo on these boards.

no wait, i think i've posted under 'echoprouctions' a few times- but thats it.

p.s. so how's the film coming? any chance of getting some of the tests you've done in quicktime?

24. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Echo, I'd love to post some clips in quicktime the only problem is that I can't get the file size down enough (ex. the "Torturer" clip is 790k with DivX, with quicktime it was 31mb.). If there is a way that I can get the file size down I will definately post clips in quicktime.

25. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    i'd be happy to download a 30mb file, i'd just have to do it at work.

is it that you dont have the server space?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.