main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY NYC Fanforce meeting thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MysterySith, Dec 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Thread from the UBB Forum

Cailinn-Sar
    Jedi Knight posted 10-05-2000 11:37 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey NYC I need some good suggestions for some where to have our second meeting.Remember to keep it in Manhattan & it has to be some where that does'nt have an age limit & is relitivly easy to find.Any help is welcome so lets get going folks.Thanks talk later.
    P.S. Hope to do this soon

IP: Logged

MysterySith
    Jedi Master posted 10-05-2000 04:17 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The First place that came to mind is Broadway Arcade in Times Square. The area thats now called the E-Walk (Ewok) The arcade is not so bad, kind of expensive for the games, The have 3 SW games, Pod Racer which is awesome, a sit down game, but is $2.50 for a 2 minute games, The Classic Trilogy game, and Episode 1 Pinball. Its right near 2 Movie theaters and across from a food court which would not be a bad place to eat.
    Just something to consider.

------------------
    NE Regional Support Administrator
    Mystery of the Sith
    Dark Lord of Brooklyn

jandimin
    Jedi Knight posted 10-05-2000 05:34 PM
    what about the planetarium/museum of natural history?

MysterySith
    Jedi Master posted 10-05-2000 06:42 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by jandimin:
    what about the planetarium/museum of natural history?

A couple of my friends when a while back and did not have much good to say about it(both SW fans) and it cost about $20 to get in.

------------------
    Mystery of the Sith
    Dark Lord of Brooklyn

Cailinn-Sar
    Jedi Knight posted 10-06-2000 03:59 PM
    First off I want to thank you folks for the suggestions.But I've got to say #1:Jandimin your suggestion is great but since I'm such a physics buff I've got to admit that I'd be very distracted,but thanks,#2:I think I tend to lean more towards MysterySiths suggestion though.Hey MysterySith,I should of listened to you from the get go about Mars2112,I'll know better next time.Thanks folks,keep the suggestions coming in.Talk later.

jandimin
    Jedi Knight posted 10-07-2000 11:44 AM
    i am SORRY about mars 2112 and will make no further suggestions.

MysterySith
    Jedi Master posted 10-07-2000 02:58 PM
    Jandimin, Don't be sorry, we all learn from our experiances. Please continue to give suggestion. You are part of the NYC fanforce and you suggestions mean something to us.
    Anyone have an idea on a possible date?

------------------
    Mystery of the Sith
    Dark Lord of Brooklyn

MysterySith
    Jedi Master posted 10-18-2000 04:05 PM
    Is anyone still interested in this happening, its been 10 days without a post, was everyone busy wacthing the Yankees and Mets make it the the Series?

Cailinn-Sar
    Jedi Knight posted 10-19-2000 10:08 AM
    Hey NYC,
    this is to let everyone know that unfortunatly my pc is at work & my company is being real A#%holes about our use so I wont be able to post anymore but will try when possible.As far as the meeting goes I guess you all can get in touch with my Brother Darth Venom.Sorry to go but thats life,take care NYC & MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL.Later folks.
    P.S. you ca

2. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2000
    How about meeting at Jeckle & Hydes?

There's one on 6th Ave. and another in the Village. If anyone never heard of it, it's a horror themed restaraunt,rude waiters are part of the gimmick AND you don't get "banned" for flaming the waiter back...LOL

htpp://www.geocities.com/hellinme

3. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I have been to J & K, the place is really cool, but for personal reasons I do not want to go back. Don't ask!

They opened up an internet Cafe in Times Square. SOmething to consider, but then again do we need to play on computers in person.

4. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2000
    LOL, dont worry, I wont ask.

GL really needs to open a SW themed resturant in Times Square!!

somethin' like The Corrascant Cafe.

5. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey folks whats going on.I personally have got no problem with a meeting at a bar/club but we have to keep in mind those of the forum that unfortunatly are not of legal drinking age.The idea MysterySith had about an internet cafe sounds cool we could have the meeting & post live on the forum about whats happening for those of us that can't make it.Talk later.

6. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    It would be beyonf awesome to have a Star Wars or Even Lucas film theme store/resteraunt in Times Square. They have enough themes places already, why not another GREAT one.

The Internet Cafe is at the top of my list to meet, and there is pleanty to do in the Ewok(E-Walk) area of Times Square.

7. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Mars 2112?

8. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    oh brother...

9. Cailinn-Sar

Nov 24, 2000
    Ha,ha,ha nice one Jandimin I'll let you do the explaining on that one for Bobaphil.

10. BobaPhil

Sep 26, 2000
    Yes, please explain. : )

11. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I stopped by the new internet Cafe in Times Square today, its pretty cool, especially if you feel the need to check the forum while you are in the middle of Times Square. I stopped in and for $1, only $1 through the 8th I think. I got 5 hours worth of Net time, its good for 28 days. I am not sure how much it will go up to after the promo. Now, about meeting there, I am not sure about it, since they do not have a table that a group could sit at, well I did noy see one at least. I did not check the second floor. We could all get a row and log in and post here at once. That would be kind of funny. We could also check out a movie depending on what is playing, 2 theaters right there. There is no shortage of places to eat there either.

Something to plan for after the new year.

12. jandimin

Nov 23, 2000
    bobaphil, mars2112 is a bad, bad evil place...must not, cannot go there.

13. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I heard that mars2112 got back mudslides, I would go there just for a drink, the food stinks and the Flying saucer outside is annoying.

14. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    LOL!! Jandimin you crack me up :)

Yes BobaPhil, Mars 2112 is a very, very, evil place. It's filled with the darkside of the force.

Darth Venom
    Writer/Director
    "Trials of the Jedi"

15. BobaPhil

Sep 26, 2000
    OK, scratch Mars 2112 then. : )

16. Cailinn-Sar

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey BobaPhil,it's not the place itself(Mars2112)that bites it's just that we tried about 2 months ago to have a meeting there & theres just to much stuff we had to do.I really like MysterySith's idea about the internet cafe but keep the suggestions coming in after all it's an NYC group effort & the more suggestions the better.Thanks folks.Talk later.

17. jandimin

Nov 23, 2000
    read this in the zagat survey, may be an option- Galaxy Global Eatery- "conveniently located next to irving plaza, this funky, space themed restaurant and bar draws an alternative urban crowd with it's interesting star speckled ceiling out-of-this-world cocktails and a global fusion menu that plays up the merits of hemp." the prices seem reasonable...

18. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I'd love an internet cafe. no ar cause i'm only 15 but out of curiosity is the cafe like open air with plants and lots of glass walls and stuff cause that just seems cool to me

19. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    No, night it does not look like that, looks more like a Library/Cafeteria with 800 computers and people to match.

20. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    cool, sounds great.

21. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey guys and gals, I am posting from the Internet cafe right now, just thought I would post since its something to consider when we decide to get together. The new year is right around the corner, lets start planning soon.

22. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Lets start planning something to do. The warm weather here. Lets have some fun.

23. Darth_Xin

Darth_Xin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2001
    Greetings MysterySith,

I'm game! What are your suggestions for having a meeting? Manhattan is a very big place, but I'm sure that we can figure out something.

24. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Is anyone else interested, I want to get things going. Lets make something happen.

Almost a year away until Episode 2 :)

25. jandimin

Nov 23, 2000
    i am interested, but have no suggestions...keep me posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.