main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC NYC Invades DC...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Benae_Quee, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    What happens when 3 NY's invade DC??? Beats me, but I guess we'll find out this weekend LOL. My fiance, a friend, and myself are coming down tonight to see my parents (they live in Trappe, MD) and we'll be expolring DC on Saturday/Sunday. What things do you guys recomend seeing that aren't typical tourist things?

2. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    The National Cathedral reportedly has a Darth Vader gargoyle head, but unfortunately I just checked their website and it can't be viewed right now due to construction.

http://www.cathedral.org/cathedral/discover/darth.shtml

The Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian is pretty cool, if a bit touristy.

If you're interested in catching plays or other local events, you can check out the entertainment section at www.washingtonpost.com

-Lori

3. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I don't know. Being a geek I rarely venture from in front of my computer :p

4. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    That's nothing strange for GS...almost NO ONE from GS tends to venture forth from their computer [face_mischief] That's including me so it's all good no worries.

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Sure wish I'd gotten a chance to hop on line on Friday! I leave my computer as often as possible.

All the museums are fun and FREE! For wandering, I recommend Georgetown. Oh, and the monuments. Who knew Lincoln was so tall!

6. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Well we ended up at the Museum of American History where my fiance geeked out over Julia Child's kitchen, and I was staring at the First Ladies' Gowns. Sunday we spent at the Museum of Natural History where we spent mostof our time in the Gems and Minerals wing (I'm a geology nut, what can I say lol). We ate dinner in Georgetown (some Trukich place that was okay but pricey - I've had better for less in NYC), and had breakfast monday morning in Easton at Coffee East (delicious with great prices). Except for the wind blowing like 45MPH it wasn't too bad :) We'll probably be back fro president's day weekend next month :)

7. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Aww, man! We were going to call you guys. Unfortunately, we didn't get down there till late on Sunday. :(

Are you two going to Farpoint? If not, we won't see you till the wedding. :(

8. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Farpoint is President's weekend isn't it?

9. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
  10. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Well, we were thinking of coming down President's Day weekend, and if Farpoint is that weekend... I think we'll stop by for a day :).

Sorry we missed you Joe :( Do you have my new cell phone number anyway?

11. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm not sure. I'll PM mine to you on the private board. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.