main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O B1 Kienobi

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by _therebelforces_, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _therebelforces_

_therebelforces_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2004
    Obi-Wan Kenobi it kind of sounds like O-B-1, maybe a modal number? Is it possible that GL first thought that old Ben was a clone not the original and when TPM was in the works or even TAOTC he backed out?

It?s just some thing to think about.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Yes I have long noticed the OB1.
    I don't think he is a clone but it is an interesting speculation.

-Seldon

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    It's a theory that's been around for a loooooong time.

Never had much stock in it myself... but that's just me.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I seem to remember a theory that Obi-Wan died in Episode III and that he either was cloned thus creating Ben Kenobi or he was dead during the entire OT and that he just materialized to seem to appear to be alive (That is why he vanished even before Vader slashed him in ANH.)

While I like reading the various speculations and theories, I tend not to believe them.

-Seldon

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    If you read old usenet from way back in 1982 or so, you'll see this exact same theory pop up. Personally, I think it's a terrible, terrible idea and is something that could possibly the only thing that could ruin SW for me. However, I don't think it has any basis in SW reality.

As a sidenote, I really hate when people actually type his name as OB1. Wan =/= One. They are *note* prounounced the same. Most people pronounce Obi-Wan's name wrong, but I don't. Personally, I just think Lucas chose the name because it sounded eastern. See the name meanings thread for the root meanings of parts of the name, btw.

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. A-OK

A-OK Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2004
    You're a crazy!

Really though, I don't think that's too grand of a theory.

Luke sounds like "Look", so is it possible that he's actually a pair of binoculars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.