main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<O====CT-GSE====O> "I've got a bad feeling about this"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Coruscant, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    WELCOME!

This is the official ->->->GHOST SHIP EXECUTOR<-<-<- CHALLENGE THREAD!

From now on, all GSE Challenges will take place in this thread. When there is a challenge and you want to participate in it, post in this thread. When there is a challenge but you don't want to participate in it, post in the MG-GSE. When there is not a challenge at all, post in the MG-GSE.

The purpose of this thread is to make it easier for players who did not participate in a challenge to feel like they can jump back in the MG-GSE. When you log off for a day and come back to find that twenty new pages have been added to the MG, that can feel a little overwhelming even if you ask someone who was there to summarize all of it. It will also make involvement easier for people in the less represented time zones to be a part of the MG.

[b]When there is not a challenge, do NOT post in this thread. When there is a challenge and you want to participate in it, post HERE. It's that simple. This thread is not required reading[/b]
    [hr]

The Host's introductory Challenge Posts will be posted here and in the IC-GSE. Questions and discussion about different aspects of the challenges, OOC, should take place in the IC-GSE. [b][color=blue]Objectives[/b][/color], [b][color=crimson][hl=black]Murder Posts[/b][/color][/hl] and Question Posts will remain in the MG-GSE, so look for those there. There will be clues in here, as there are in the MG and the IC.
    [hr]

Last but not least, we're going to discuss RPing styles. Long, novel-like IC posts are okay (even great) for the MG, but in here, your RPing should vary with each different challenge (or different parts of a challenge). Sometimes lean and mean posts will be necessary. Other times, longer, more thought out posts will be called for. With each challenge introduction or update, I'll remember to mention what your RPing needs to be like. It is important that you stick to these recommended styles, because doing something different can confuse your fellow players, trip up the pace, frustrate people, etc...
    [hr]

Remember, have fun. Always.

[blockquote]So let's get started immediately...

Challenge 07: [u]Go with the Faux![/u] [i]There is no time limit to this challenge. It ends when the final destination is reached.[/i]

So, now the fake Luke Skywalker has left the Tower through the trapdoor and is rapidly descending to the floor so that he may find the entrance to the Labyrinth. At the center of this Labyrinth is a powerful item:

[image=http://www.worldwidediamonds.info/wwd/oppenheimer%20diamond%20yellow%20crystal.jpg]

The yellow crystal. A shard of the Lode itself- the Lode that is the source of all the Nebulans' power. With this crystal, a small portion of that power may be tapped indefinitely.

Now, because 07 is a very special challenge (already, it has no time limit, but that's not all), you will soon see that there may be one or even two more challenges before 07 is even finished. Because, you see, 07 doesn't end until a player reaches the center of the Labyrinth, where may be located the Shard in all its rustic glory. The first player that reaches it...

wins this:

[image=http://belladrama.typepad.com/belladrama/images/gold_dragees.jpg]

[b][color=yellow][hl=black]60 points[/b][/color][/hl]

Now here's the catch: the ONE THOUSANDTH IC-POST in this thread wins its poster this magnificent reward (and the points are only part of it- it grants IC-side rewards as well, but I'll reveal that later). This is an [i]Omnistyle[/i] challenge- any and all RPing styles are recommended. Remember, IC-posts from other challenges do count towards the IC-post total. Also: no double-posting. If there is an IC double-post, the second post will be disregarded and any repeats after will be ignored as well. My IC-posts will count all the way up to the 999th IC-post, but not for the crossing line itself. If a post of mine is the 1,000th IC-post, then the reward goes to the player

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    A few ground rules:

3. There are no maps of the labyrinth

4. The labyrinth is ever-changing, so you can't memorize where dead ends will be or won't be

5. Once in the labyrinth, you cannot go back out until you have come to the center

6. The center can only be reached with the 1,000th IC-post of this thread, or beyond

7. If the Host presents your character(s) with a special obstacle, you must do something that makes it clear you got past/defeated it

8. You will know if an obstacle is targeted at your character specifically, or everybody or a group

9. Obstacle neutralization counts towards the IC-post total

10. The IC-post total consists only of those posts inside the labyrinth

11. p.s.- this is not an IC-post

and ONE LAST THING- you don't even have to read this thread, if you don't want to. Just ask for a summary, IC or OOC. :)

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Tholme

After seeing that Quinlan was resting in the juggernaut, Tholme decided to leave him alone and headed back to find the faux Luke.
    The man was moving very quickly and Tholme had to hurry to catch up. Tholme wondered what it was that he was after. Deciding he really had nothing better to do, Tholme followed behind the faux.

Tag: Faux-Luke, others

13. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

Just as he was walking away from Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, Ben noticed Tholme running after Luke number 2. The jedi entered the strange passage Ben had seen earlier. "Now that isnt smart", Ben mumbled.

Raising his voice, he tried calling out "Tholme wait, you shouldnt wonder alone!". But the old master was either not hearing him or simply ignoring him.

Taking a deep breath, Ben turned around and signaled Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to follow along. "I get the feeling i'm going to regret this..."

With that, he ran inside the strange labyrinth.

TAG: All

14. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Mirax

Mirax had surpassed her fears in the steps leading up the tower. Now she was standing in the labyrinth, staring at all the options before her. She could follow another person or go off on her own. She watched as one of the characters raced off into the maze. Shaking her head at his youthful exuberance, Mirax set off at a slower pace.

She wandered down the path to the left, tracing her hand along the wall as she walked, looking for clues or something to give her an edge to reach the center. Her feet tread softly on the floor, but dust billowed up anyways as she moved further away from the others.

Tag: any

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han

The blond hurried off in the other direction, a goofy smirk evident on Han's face as she disappeared into the strange mechanical beast to "meet her friend." It wasn't exactly how he had envisioned the confrontation to end, but it was a start. They sure had a spark between them and Han was more than inclined to pursue that further but she had brushed him aside, suggesting that he check on the Jedi. A protest was on the tip of his tongue, but she hinted at the possibility of meeting up later if he was "good." It reminded him of something that would be aimed at a little kid, but if it got him a step closer to her, that was all he could ask for.

His gaze lingered on the spot she had occupied a moment longer before he glanced over his shoulder to the Jedi. A bitter taste instantly found its way into his mouth at the thought of working alongside them, especially Kenobi. No doubt he would find a way to get in the way and try to take control but Han had to learn to ignore him and do his own thing. He had to do this if he ever wanted to see Siri again.

Exhaling heavily, Han checked the blaster riding his hip and set off into the dark void behind old man Kenobi and the others.

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Tholme

Tholme turned as he heard Ben behind him. Once the old man was in view, Tholme spoke

"Time to see what the Faux-Luke is up to." he said.

He looked over at his friend. "Ready for yet another adventure that nearly kills us?"

He chuckled and continued following the faux.

Tag: Ben

17. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    OOC: I'll just go ahead, meet you inside, I hope.[face_batting]

IC: Boba Fett

He followed the corridors, trying to map their layout with his HUD, but it did not work. Retracing his steps to places where a junction should be, brought him up to dead ends or sections of unbroken wall. The whole system seemed to change it's pattern all the time.

Frustrated, the bounty hunter turned on the infrared spectrum. That way, he would at least know when there were other living beings close by.

TAG: all
    :D

18. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Finally, it seemed that Tholme heard Ben, and stopped to wait for him to catch up. "Time to see what the Faux-Luke is up to." he said Taking a deep breath, Ben replied "I'm afraid we might regret seeing it soon enough".

Tholme stopped, looked straight at Ben and asked "Ready for yet another adventure that nearly kills us?" . Letting out a laugh, Ben answered "Not really, but let's go anyways".

Chuckling, both men moved along to catch up with the second Luke.

19. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    IC: Ghent

Ghent almost didn't notive when Kenobi suddenly dashed through a doorway. Not wanting to get lost yet again, Ghent ran in after him, catching him up in a moment as the Jedi hadn't gone far.
    ". . . another adventure that nearly kills us?" one of the other Jedi Ghent had seen before was saying.

Kenobi laughed. "Not really, but let's go anyways". He answered.

"I don't suppose I could talk you two out of this." Ghent said, "But I think we should get out of here, this place gives me the creeps." He turned around to leave, but where the door had been a second ago, now there was just a wall. He gasped, "What happened to the wall?"

Tag: Ben, Tholme.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC:Tholme

Tholme turned as the slicer named Ghent entered.

"What happened to the wall?"

"More tricks from the nebulans most likely. Well we might as well figure out what Luke is up to then. I'm sure that's likely our only way out."

He continued to follow the faux, examining his surroundings in order to figure out a way back. It didn't take him long to realize that his surroundings kept changing.

"Well this might take a while" Tholme muttered.

Tag: All

21. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Out of the shadows, Ghent appeared behind Tholme and Ben. "I don't suppose I could talk you two out of this. But I think we should get out of here, this place gives me the creeps." He turned around to leave, but where the door had been a second ago, now there was just a wall. He gasped, "What happened to the wall?"

Eyes wide, Ben looked at Tholme as the jedi spoke "More tricks from the nebulans most likely. Well we might as well figure out what Luke is up to then. I'm sure that's likely our only way out."

Chuckling, Ben replied, "Not like we can go back, i dont even know wich way we came in anymore". Fearing there might be more lost in this strange maze, Ben shouted, "Is there anyone else out there?"

22. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    OOC: I bet you all thought I meant to type "wall" and not "door." [face_whistling]

Labyrinth with Ben and Tholme

"More tricks from the nebulans most likely. Well we might as well figure out what Luke is up to then. I'm sure that's likely our only way out." The Jedi answered.

"Not like we can go back, I dont even know wich way we came in anymore." Ben concurred.

Ghent was getting a little worried, but followed the two Jedi as there wasn't much else he could do.

"Is there anyone else out there?" Kenobi shouted, Ghent didn't think there would be, and even if there was, the person probably couldn't find his way to them. Especially the way the walls had a way of appearing and disappearing.

"Do either of you have a blaster I could use?" Ghent asked the two Jedi, he'd finally gotten tired of being the only one who was no help in a fight; and if he was going to keep getting lost he decided he'd better have a weapon with him.

Tag: Ben, Tholme, any.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    "Do either of you have a blaster I could use?"

Tholme did as he armored himself to the teeth following the Nebulan attack. He pulled out one from a hip holster and handed it to Ghent.

"There you are. I prefer my saber anyway"

Tholme continued to look around the area looking for any distinguishing landmarks.

"I hope he knows what he's doing" he said, indicating the faux luke who continued to move ahead of them without saying a word.

Tag: Faux-Luke, Ben, Ghent, Fett (if he wants to join us)

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Boba Fett

There were people on the other side of the wall.
    Fett pounded his fist against the material. The sound carried well, maybe it would not be impossible to breach the wall and find out who was on the other side.

TAG: Tholme, Ben, Ghent

OOC:
    is there a kind of GFFA morse code to use?

25. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    Labyrinth with Tholme and Ben

"There you are. I prefer my saber anyway" The still nameless Jedi said, handing Ghent a blaster.

Ghent noted sheepishly that the Jedi had a plethera of weapons. He glanced down at his blaster to make sure it was a make he could handle.

"I hope he knows what he's doing" He heard the Jedi say, his head snapped up at that.

"Of course I know how to use a blaster! Everyone knows how!" He said, only a little hotly, then realized that the Jedi had been speaking about Luke Skywalker who was walking in front of them. Now you've done it. he said to himself. Way to make yourself stand out like a geek. Which, in fact, he was, but he needn't have broadcasted it that way.

Just then, he heard a thumping on the wall next to him. "What was that?" He asked the two Jedi.

Tag: Tholme, Ben, Fett, any.

OOC: There is, Mon Calamari Blink Code. :-B

26. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: I see nothing about destroying the walls being offlimits.

As he handed the blaster to Ghent, Tholme heard someone pounding on a nearby wall. Tholme pounded back in code asking the person to stand back. Motioning to Ben, Tholme ignited his saber and carefully began to cut a person sized hole in it.

Tag: Ben, Fett, Ghent

27. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Ben saw how Tholme handed Ghent a blaster. He was about to give him the one that Jacen had given him a while ago, but i guess he would save it for later. He had the feeling they might run into more people in need of weapons soon enough.

"I hope he knows what he's doing", Ben heard Tholme say, nodding towards Luke. Just then, Ghent's head snapped, "Of course I know how to use a blaster! Everyone knows how!" . Openning his eyes wide and trying to hold back a smile, Ben watched the embarassment that flooded over Ghent's face when he realized Tholme was speaking about Luke.

Just as he was about to reply, Ben heard some pounding on the wall. "Sounds like we got a live one", he muttered. Moving forward as Tholme motioned him, both men started cutting away at the wall, "We better hurry, before something strange hapens and the wall changes".

28. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007

"What are you doing?" Ghent asked, exasperated. Jedi were handy for protection, but they were always asking for trouble. "We don't know what's on the other side!"

Tag: Tholme, Ben, Fett, Faux-Luke, any.

OOC: I have to leave now, sorry, have fun. :(

29. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005

There came pounding back. Fett considered the best way to break through the wall with minimum damage to thiose on the other side, when the tip of a lightsaber appeared in the wall, cutting a man-sized hole.

Great, he thought. Them again.

He hitched a grappling hook into the gap and pulled the piece of wall to him

"Your side or mine?"

Tag: Ben, Ghent, Tholme

30. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Fett was probably the last person Tholme had expected on the other wall. One would have thought that someone like him would just blow a hole in the wall and climb out.

"Your side or mine?

"We're following the Faux to wherever he's leading us. So our side and hurry before we lose track of him."

Tag: Fett, Ben

OOC: We'll just keep Ghent with us until you return then :)

31. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005

He shrugged and stepped through the hole.

"You way in here is as good as any. The labyrinth keeps changing shape."

Tag: Tholme, Ben, Ghent

OOC: How would the Faux show up on the HUD? Droid?

32. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Just as Tholme and Ben were cutting thru the wall, he heard Ghent ask, some frustration in his voice, "What are you doing?" . Trying to call him down, Ben glanced at him, "It's ok Ghent, it's someone behind this wall... we dont sense danger from whomever it is..."

Just as he said that, the wall was breached and Ben saw Fett standing on the other side. "Maybe i spoke too soon", he thought quietly to himself. It seemed though, that Fett wasnt totally impractical "Your side or mine?". For some reason, Ben had expected him to just start blasting them, but in this strange situation even the bounty hunter was going to have to colaborate.

"We're following the Faux to wherever he's leading us. So our side and hurry before we lose track of him." . Stepping forward, Ben added, "Yeah, and he just ran thru that corner, we better hurry before these walls change again!".

33. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Tholme

"Yeah, and he just ran through that corner, we better hurry before these walls change again!"

Just as Ben has said this, the wall Fett had just exited started to change.

"Run" Tholme simlpy said before he tore down the hall after the faux luke. He could see Ghent following fast behind, eager not to be left.

Tag: Fett, Ben

34. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Ben didnt need to hear anything else, for Tholme verbalized what the Force had just told him: "Run".

In all his years of Tattoine, he had mostly been meditating or walking long distances to keep an eye on Luke. The young man got himself in trouble a few times, but nothing too serious. But this faux-Luke was giving him a run for his life, and at his age, he wasnt too happy.

Using the Force to give himself more speed, Ben was leaping fast corner after corner, and he made his way to the front of the group. Suddenly, a wall appeared as he was going to turn left. Smashing into it head on, the older jedi fell to the ground. Rubbing his forehead, Ben spoke "If you want me to go straight just say so, no need to get agressive".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.