main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<O====CT-GSE====O> "I've got a bad feeling about this"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Coruscant, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: [face_laugh] oh man, losing our senses will be fun

IC: Ben Kenobi

Catching his breath and mumbling a few inaudible curses, Ben finally made it to where Tholme was standing. By this point, the screams from the colliding bodies got even louder. The sound chilled Ben's blood, but he tried to block them out. It didnt look as if he would be able to save any of them anyways, so he wasnt going to worry about that. Besides, Ben figured that was just a distraction to keep them from grabbing the odd jewel, and he was tired of the nebulan's distractions.

"What a perfect time to be without the force" , he heard Tholme mumble. Looking way up at the pedestal, Ben wondered out loud, "Ok so now we're here... how do you suposse we're getting up there?". Letting out a small chuckle, he continued, "I dont know about you, but i'm not agile enough to make that... and without the Force it's even worse", he pointed up.

Trying to see where the others were at, Ben looked around, "I still think grabbing that thing is a bad idea... mabe we should wait for the droid like we planned before?", he asked. Ben had a feeling Tholme wasnt feeling particularly patient, but he waited for an answer anyways. Hopefully the man had a plan.

TAG: Tholme, all

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Tholme

"I still think grabbing that thing is a bad idea... mabe we should wait for the droid like we planned before?"

Tholme laughed. "Well NOT grabbing it did wonders for us. I'll take my chances"

He looked up at the large gap, trying to figure out how to do this.

"We'll have to jump" he muttered. He looked down at his prosthetic leg. It was still working well. Perhaps...

"Care to give me a boost?" Tholme said.

He looked at Ben, or where he thought Ben's face was. "With a boost, I think I can make that jump."

Tag:Ben

3. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Just as he predicted, at his suggestion that they wait for the droid Tholme simply laughed in his face, "Well NOT grabbing it did wonders for us. I'll take my chances" . Rolling his eyes, Ben spoke with some exasperation, "Ok fine, let's do this, but i get to tell you 'I told you so' when we end up caught up in whatever trap it is that's waiting for us up there". Letting out a chuckle, Ben continued, "Remember i know how to become a Force ghost: if i die and you dont you're going to have me haunting you for the rest of your days".

"We'll have to jump", Tholme commented. "Well i certanly cant jump that distance, even i know my limits", he exclaimed. Just then, he noticed the Jedi looking at his prosthetic leg, "Care to give me a boost?", he asked, "With a boost, I think I can make that jump." . For once Ben was glad that the room was dark and he didnt have the Force, so that Tholme couldnt see his face or feel the doubt that filled him. "A boost? like when i was a little padawan and Garen and Quinlan used to boost each other up to see who would jump higher? I never liked that game, those two were the crazy ones", Ben added, unable to keep the fear from his voice, "Not to mention that it's dark and we dont have the Force... you could end up falling off the side for all we know... you still think that's a good idea?", he asked, lifting an eyebrow. The jedi was losing his mind for certain.

TAG: Tholme

4. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

"Ok fine, let's do this, but i get to tell you 'I told you so' when we end up caught up in whatever trap it is that's waiting for us up there,Remember i know how to become a Force ghost: if i die and you dont you're going to have me haunting you for the rest of your days".

"Good news there. I'm the one likely to die. And I'm not sure how to become a force ghost so you're probably off the hook"

"A boost? like when i was a little padawan and Garen and Quinlan used to boost each other up to see who would jump higher? I never liked that game, those two were the crazy ones", Not to mention that it's dark and we dont have the Force... you could end up falling off the side for all we know... you still think that's a good idea?",

"I think it's a terrible idea, but the best option we have at the moment while T3 tries his way. One of us must succeed after all"

He motioned for Ben to cup his hands so Tholme could place his foot on it.

"The sooner we do this, the sooner we are out of here. I can't imagine what Quinlan and the others think happened. We need to find them"

Tag:Ben

5. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as T3-M4
    Labyrinth

With the combined Force push of Han, himself, and Daala, who had just joined them, T3 had made it to the dais...

....and then it happenend.

As he was about to reach the shard, it felt like he lost all the senses he had. His photoreceptor went dark. The others voices soon faded out.

And his motor skills suffered. He struggled to reach the shard with his arm without missing completly.

However, he knew Ben and Tholme were behind him. He turned around ( it was a chore to do this simple action) and shook his head, to not come up.

TAG: Ben, Tholme, any

6. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

At least it seemed that Tholme still had his sense of humor. "Good news there. I'm the one likely to die. And I'm not sure how to become a force ghost so you're probably off the hook", was he's reply. Smiling, Ben added, "Well then it looks like the joke's on you".

At his obvious comment that doing this was a bad idea, Tholme replied, "I think it's a terrible idea, but the best option we have at the moment while T3 tries his way. One of us must succeed after all". Letting out a deep sigh, Ben realized that Tholme knowing it was a bad idea didnt exactly make him feel better, but he did have a point... a twisted and morbid point, but a good point nevertheless: with both groups trying, one was bound to suceed.

"The sooner we do this, the sooner we are out of here. I can't imagine what Quinlan and the others think happened. We need to find them". Ben hated when Tholme was right. He proceeded to cup his hands so that Tholme could put his foot on. As he did this, he mumbled, "I bet you my back will kill me tomorrow".

TAG: Tholme, all

OCC: yay T3! u just watch things get interesting when they get to that senses void [face_laugh]

7. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: Let's DO this! :p
    Labyrinth

T3 now went back to trying to retrieve the shard. T3 thought he felt it, but it was just the dais it stood on.

He soon fell to the small ground, exhausted by just two tries.

TAG: all

8. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: Amen!![face_laugh] i'm sick of this labyrinth!

9. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: That 100 + award is just a side bonus.:p

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: I read and reread the part of sensory deprevation. Here's how it reads:
    The top of the pedestal is a rough circle about a foot in diameter. The pedestal cannot physically be reached except by a particularly lengthy jump, without the aid of the Force.

That sums up Tholme and Ben right now. It appears though that the barrier is around the shard so it should affect nonforce users as well?

"I bet you my back will kill me tomorrow".

"Assuming we live that long" he replied back.

He placed his foot on Ben's cupped hands and pushed off with his prostethic arm.

He was in the air like never before. This wasn't the calm, planned leap aided by the force. This was a mess. He flailed as he reached the top, grabbing the pedestal with his fingers. He hung there, his shoulders straining, his other arm dangling to the side. Finally, he swung up his other arm and hauled himself to the top of the pedestal.

He saw T3 nearby, on the ground.

"Hold on" He said, reaching towards the droid.

Tag:Ben, T3

11. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004

This is it, people. You're on the cusp.... of 120 points! TAKE IT!

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Can you clarify the sensory thing? Does it effect nonforce users?

13. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    OOC: It affects everybody.

14. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    Labyrinth

T3...felt a familiar presense, one he felt very often, and one he recognised, since being able to sense the Force.

Tholme!

T3 gave an elated whistle...but also a concerned and chiding one. What was he doing here? The effects would soon apply to him as well!

T3 tried reaching for him, but only fell to the ground.

TAG: Tholme

15. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
  16. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

"Assuming we live that long", was all Tholme could say. Ben glared at the man. He sure wasnt reassuring him about this insane plan. However, it was too late. Just as Ben felt Tholme's leg firmly on his cupped hands, he took a couple of deep breaths and counted down, "Ok on 3... 2... 1... now!". With all the strength he had, Ben proceeded to boost up Tholme.

Just as he suspected however, this was anything but a smooth ride. Ben could only put his hands on his head as Tholme dangled off the side. But the old jedi was determined, and finally got himself up to the pedestal. "Are you all right?", Ben shouted.

TAG: Tholme, T3

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
  18. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Yoda:

Yoda was proud of everyone. No one was complaining because he did not have the Force. In fact, those without the Force were being extraordinarily proactive, helping those newly endowed with the ability to call on the energy field which Yoda had long taken for granted.

Yoda followed behind Masters Tholme and Kenobi toward the catwalk, and when he reached it, he climbed over the side and started crawling along the bottom, knowing that he could move faster this way than he could along the top with the others.

In front of him, Masters Tholme and Kenobi were debating trying to reach the floating pedestal. Yoda thought he could make the jump with a little old-fashioned ingenuity. He looked around for something that could get him across to the pedestal and saw some decayed, frayed wires dangling from the ceiling.

It was probably not safe to use them for very long, if at all, and certainly not for any being heavier than the Grand Master himself, but, it was worth the risk if they could get to the shard, and this way, only Yoda would be at risk. He leapt onto the wire and swung toward the pedestal, yelling a battle cry as he went. He hit it and it reverberated like a bell, and just in time, for the wire snapped and fell, arcing electricity as it went, but he was able to hang onto the pedestal and begin his climb. He reached the top in record time, and reached his hand out to grab the shard.

Suddenly, he found that he could no longer see anything. Or hear anything. It was as if he were flowing in a tank of bacta the size of the world. Was this what being in the womb was like?

Hopefully, Masters Tholme and Kenobi had noticed his actions and were steering clear. Yoda had taken the burden upon himself; the others did not have to risk their lives by trying some death-defying stunt. Hopefully, he would get the shard and take on whatever consequences the Queen would demand of he who possessed it. He had to hope and pray that he could find the shard without any of his senses.

Tag: anyone

OOC: Damn it, I miscounted!

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Tholme felt odd. Was his head wound acting up? He couldnt' feel anything. He couldn't hear anything either. It was like sound had just disappeared. Had he been vented into space?
    He tried to crawl, towards the shard, but his vision had failed him as well once more leading him to dark, he headed forward on all fours towards where he thought the shard was.

Suddenly, sense was returned and he felt something aganst his fingertips. His vision returned and he saw the shard in front of him. Carefully he reached out and grabbed it.

Tag:any

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    IC: Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan stepped forward and suddenly was plunged into darkness.

TAG: any

Aw crap, well I just got on and tried. It was the same minute but oh well :p And it was 11:38 [face_laugh]

Congrats minch! And hooray for being done!

21. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

Ben paced up and down. He felt anxious as he called out to Tholme and heard no reply. He had seen what he thought was T3 up there aswell. But the longer it went without Tholme answering Ben back, the more he worroed. "What in thr Force is going on up there?", he mumbled.

TAG: Tholme, T3

OCC: do it guys!

22. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: Nothing to see here.:p

23. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004

yodaminch wins.

edit: omg. It was 11:38!!!!

You know what that means, people?

The conjunction of the 1,000th valid IC-post of C07 and 11:38am means....

FREEEEEEEEEDUHHMMMM!!!!

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: FINALLY! We're done! :D

Congrats, minch!

25. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: yay! =D= well technically we all win cause we're out of this freakin place!!! [face_laugh]

Hopefully there isnt another twist and we're REALLY out, right Cor? [face_batting] [face_praying]

11:38?! it was the Force i tell ya! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.