main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA O Game

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000

The following fleets are facing each other at 12-10 07:43:33 , as it came to a battle::

Attacker Steil (1:218:7)
    Weapons: 0% Shields: 0% Hull Plating: 10%
    Type S.Cargo L.Fighter
    Number 1 1
    Weaponry: 5 50
    Shields 10 10
    Hull 440 440

Defender Rong (1:217:4)
    Weapons: 0% Shields: 0% Hull Plating: 0%
    Destroyed

The attacking fleet fires a total of times with the power of upon the defender. The defender's shields absorb damage points
    The defending fleet fires a total of times with the power of upon the attacker. The attacker's shields absorb damage points

Attacker Steil (1:218:7)
    Type S.Cargo L.Fighter
    Number 1 1
    Weaponry: 5 50
    Shields 10 10
    Hull 440 440

Defender Rong (1:217:4)
    Destroyed

The attacker has won the battle!
    He captures
    2309 Metal, 2309 Crystal and 431 Deuterium

The attacker has lost a total of 0 Units.
    The defender has lost a total of 0 Units.
    At these space coordinates now float 0 Metal and 0 Crystal.

A mighty fine way to collect resources. ;)

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Not bad pick up at all!

EDIT: Cancel that, who's that new guy Soneil?

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    He was in another alliance that disbanded so he asked if he could join ours.

4. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    A welcome addition. I wonder if he can deliver some resources to help boost our tally?

5. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    PM him perhaps.
    I was thinking that as soon as a few of us have got cargo ships we can get a bit of inter player trade going on.

6. Tarryn_Whiteheart

Tarryn_Whiteheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    I played for several weeks on Universe 7, but gave up in disgust when I was attacked with 175 Battleships in an impossibly short time. I did the math, and there was no possible way that three empires working together could have created them, let alone one, and he wasn't allied to anyone.

Cheaters killed it for me.

Was fun at the start, though :)

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    So far we've got 8 empires working together. ;) Small empires perhaps but...

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Hey, we've gotta start somewhere :p

9. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I've been a little inactive the last few days, been staying with a friend in Kalgoorlie, only managed to get online a couple of times and build the odd building here and there.

Should have more time to devote to the game now though.

10. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Todays my day off so its been a very productive day in universe 11 for sparta

got a shipyard now so in the process of getting a trade and defence fleet going, also interested in a little interplayer trading, should boost our resources a little, also i have a question: how do you raid other planets?

11. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    First you need ships capable of raiding. A small fighter is decent for attacks but has very little cargo space so you don't get much loot. A small transport has much more cargo space but won't hold up too well if your target's got even wimpy defences in place. I suggest at least one of each together for an attack.
    To pick a target, look in your galaxy screen. Anyone who's name is red is too powerful. Anyone in green is too weak and you can't attack them. Anyone with an 'i' next to their name probably hasn't been on for a while which tends to make them a better target since they'll have plenty of resources accumulating that haven't been used.
    Once you have your attacking ships and you've picked a target, go in to your fleet screen. You'll see a number next to each type of ship you have. Put in a number next to each one to choose how many you want to send. E.g. if you have a transport and a fighter you can send both. Next you get to specify which system and planet to send them to which you would have decided from the galaxy screen earlier. Lastly you choose whether you want to trade or attack. For a target that's not too far away it will take about 1 1/2 hours for them to arrive at their target and about the same time again to return triumphantly with their booty. :)
    Later on you can build espionage probes to check your target but for now we have to go in blind. If you've already successfully attacked an innactive target then hit them again later to get more of their resources. If they still haven't logged on you know they won't have built up any defences. Even if they have logged on, they'll find it harder without the resources you've nicked off them. The rules allow you to attack the same player up to 3 times a day (check the bashing rules in the help for more info on that). Going back to the same target is known as farming and I've already got some fields that I'm routinely harvesting. ;)

12. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Thankyou greatly for this insight, it shall serve us all well

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I think I've got raiding down pat now. Got myself a nice little fleet with a couple of transports, half a dozen fighters and I just got myself an espionage probe. On some raids I've spilt my fleet to do 2 raids at once on poorly defended targets.
    I'd like to try a trade to see how that works. Anyone willing to try a trade or anyone already tried it?

14. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Can I get a friend invited? He is in Perth ;)
    His nick's Replicant on server 11. Cheers

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    No problems. I'm currently having some account difficulties so I'm not sure when I'll be on there next. :( Can't remember if I gave you access to approve new members or not but if I did then bring him in!

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Cant find the option to...

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    What kind of defences does anyone recommend before concentrating on raiding and such ?

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Thought I was going well, but I have no resources all of the time which is just frustrating the heck out of me...

Not sure about defences.. Depends what you can build I guess

19. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Have you started raiding yet SJ ?

20. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Not yet, I havent any ships. Only ones I can build are the smallest, didnt think they're worth building.
    But my resources dont come in fast enough for me to stockpile anything [face_thinking]

21. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Always need energy.. so expensive... :_|

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I was doing well but have a major problem. Another person was playing from my computer (as sandy the sandgroper) and apparently that's against the rules. Now we've both been banned without warning (the account problem I referred to). The same thing hapenned in the U12 game as well but the admin there allowed us to keep on game. Seems the admin in the U11 game is a tad less helpful though. I'm trying to persuade them to keep my Steil account so I don't have to bloody well start all over again or I'll be pretty cheesed off. I was just starting to build shields and heavy fighters. :mad:

23. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Ouch, hope not. But can understand the rule. Otherwise you could ally with yourself with multiple planets and concentrate each planet on different resources/strategies..

Hope you can get it back though

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Looks like I may have to start over since the admin on U11 doesn't seem to be very keen on letting me continue. When the same thing hapenned in U12 it was a 3 day ban. This guy's banned us for 30 years. :confused: With me being the founder of the alliance that would mean that no admin will exist so we might need to start a new alliance. Since kart's the most experienced played maybe he can start a new alliance and we can all join that one again. Feel free to use my little sandgroper pic. :p
    I'll be online less while I'm in Bunbury and Perth over the next week so maybe I'll get back in to it after that.
    Whether I get my account back or not, several days of forced vacation mode will be a lot of valuable playing time lost right when I was getting somewhere.

25. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Did you have any defences before you began raind Steve ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.