main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA O Game

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithmastersimon

sithmastersimon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    oh what? so thats it the gropers alliance has disbanded?

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    hasnt disbanded, but if theres no way for others to invite etc, we may need to disband to reform another alliance. I just did my first attack.. got bupkus from it

The attacker has won the battle!
    He captures
    2608 Metal, 1517 Crystal and 0 Deuterium

3. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    thats not too bad, im gonna create more of a military build up before i begin my first battle

4. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Do what Im doing, pick on people that have been offline for 2 weeks.. Im relatively sure that you wont be the only one, so they really shouldn't single you out..

taking me 2 hours each way to this planet, everyone near me is higher than me

5. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    hmmm yes i completely forgot about the (i) thing

ummm what r ur coordinates btw?

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    you can see members co-ordinates in the alliance/members menu. Or do a search for the name.

Btw, can you attack on vacation people? 2 just got banned near me, and I want to know if I should go in and take what I can?

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    hmm.. I find this rule very confusing

I attacked some 2 weeker last night, found he has decent resources, but my ships didnt get back for 2 hours (and I built more in the mean-time)
    So this morning I've send 2 fleets, within 5 minutes of each other. Will this be 'bashing' ?

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Does not sound like it, as long as your fleets are travelling at about the same speed it should be fine according to those rules you posted.

How many ships do you have in each fleet and what type.

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Just a small fighter & cargo ship in each fleet.
    2 hits in 5 minutes (Well, 4 hours travel total), get 6500 metal and about 1k crystal between them.

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Admin won't budge so I'll have to start all over again which really sucks. At the moment I can't do anything. I can't use my existing account because it's banned but I can't start a new account because that address is already taken. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out but we should probably consider sand gropers to be disbanded and start a new alliance. Sorry about all this guys.

11. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Disband after we get a new one set up I guess.

12. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
    Yeah guess its the only option, not a massive loss though considering the fact that the alliance cant really grow at present anyway

Can we still use the same name or does "gropers" have to go?

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Should be able to call it Gropers. With the current alliance the actual name is sand gropers and gropers is kinda like a nickname so we should be able to use gropers as the name for a new one.

14. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    So who wants to start up the new alliance ? If there are no takers I'll start a new one tomorrow night (Friday).

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Already set a new one up if that's ok with everyone.
    New alliance is FFWAers (full name is still Sand Gropers).
    I'll make sure at least one person other than myself has full admin rights in the alliance. Volunteer anyone?
    Also, could someone send a circular message, just in case anyone in the old alliance doesn't check here. Maybe the message could direct them to this thread.

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    sent

edit: let us know what your name is so we can see when your on to change alliances

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I've just sent my application for the new alliance.

Hopefully I'll be ready to start raiding soon.

I'm now playing 3 seperate games in Universes 11, 12 and now 1. I'm trying different tactics in each. I figured there might be a lot of people who have given up in Universe 1 so there would be plenty of planets sitting there accumulating resources.

18. sithmastersimon

Apr 17, 2005
  19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I know you're supposed to 'fleet save' etc when going away for extended periods. But how do you get regular ships to travel somewhere with a full load, without attacking?

If I do 'transport', surely that delivers my cargo to their planet? And spy isnt an option for cargo/fighters...?

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    A few of you in the new alliance now. I figured that since Stinky's our CR and it's basically a FF team :) he can be the admin for the alliance so I've given him the rank of general (meaning he has all admin rights for the alliance).
    As for other ranks it will be as follows.
    Any members with a pretty high score will have the rank of captain.
    Any new members wil have the rank of trooper.
    Any members who have been in the alliance for a while and have a reasonable (but not outstanding) score will have the rank of sergeant.
    Each rank basically determines what sort of admin things you can do in the alliance. Eg. captains and above can allow other people in to the alliance.

21. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Some guy has raided me 3 times so far in the last 24 hours, got me twice last night while I was asleep and is attacking again now.

Bastard.

Thats in my Universe 12 game.

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm playing in U12 as part of the Big Guns alliance which is huge so I've got good protection. Hasn't been all rosy though. I've attacked a few people and had my fleet destroyed. Had a bit of a bad run. Yesterday I lost 3 light transports and 5 light fighters in a failed attack. At least my defences are strong so attacks on me have failed too.
    As for U11 - starting all over. :(
    My new name on there is groper.

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    if I give you this guys co-ordinates can you send some heavies around to rough him up a little ?

I'm using up all my resources trying to push him back.

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    At the moment I'm still rebuilding my U12 fleet and generally the members of the alliance only help other members. The Big Guns are recruiting though so if you're not already in an alliance it might be worth signing up. It's the #1 ranked alliance in U12.

25. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'll most certainly put an application in. He took half of my resources in the last battle, and I did not have much too start with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.