main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA O Game

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Isnt #1 based on fleet size :p lol, anyway, I joined up with them too.

But U11 is where my priorities lay at the moment. U12 is at the annoying 'unable to provide enough resources to build anything' stage

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    My application was knocked back in U12, not too worry though. I think I have enough defences to fend of my stalker if he comes back.

then I'll have to build up my fleet and take the fight to him.

3. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I now have a Colony Ship. If I use it to settle a planet, does it need to be an inhabited planet? Also, do I loose the ship in the process. And would you set up another planet in your own galaxy? Or try and spread out?

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    What are your names in U12?

5. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
  6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm Sandy in U12. Just like the former U11 sandgroper account.

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    OUCH

ok, I used my Colony ship, yes it does disapear. And also, I loaded it up with metal thinking it would come in handy to just bolster my supplies on that planet after colonization.. nope.. resources gone.. *cries* ah well, it was only 7000 metal..

8. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    There must be some good reason for them to have the cargo space on them.

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Its good to have in a fleet, heavily armored, but slow.. does increase the amount you loot if the person your going after has that much

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm Jedi Aztek in U12. My attacker has given up now that I have some defences. As soon as I have enough firepower I'll be going back to pay him a visit.

11. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've built up a bit of a fleet again in U12 now. I have 4 farms. I'm hitting 3 at a time and rotating them. :)
    In our U11 game I'm almost ready to start on ships. I can build light fighters now and almost transports.

12. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    My U12 got attacked last night. Fortunately, I saw it coming, evacuated my ships and build 5 more ML...

Didn't win, but I made it unprofitable for him. He lost 16000 units worth of craft. and left with @ 10k crystal...

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I think I'll post this here, since it helped me..

Want to know how a battle will fair? No idea what kind of force you need to take someone out? An army's coming and you want to know if you should run or fight?

Use this.

Put your stats in, and your opposition, calculate the fight and bam - results.. Not 100% accurate, and depends how much you know about your enemy.. but will give you a general idea what your defences can hold out from too..

14. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    That alliance on u12 is hardcore.. lol..

Not sure Im going to be able to stay with them unless I make u12 my main server.. dont really want to do that as Im just about to get cruisers on u11.. sigh

15. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I've just launched my first attack in U11, sent out 2 light fighters, 2 heavy fighters and 2 light cargo ships.

Should know in a few hours how it all goes.

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Just built 2 cruisers :D

Kind of stuffing up my u12 one.. Always out of metal atm, have lots of crystals so I keep getting raided. :confused:

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    My first raid was a success (U11), gearing up for another tomorrow I hope.

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've been selected for the main BG alliance in U12. I noticed you have been too stinky.

I just launched my first attack in U11. Only sent one LF and LT but I'm hoping it's a weak target. Hitting weak targets with small atack forces is a great way to build resources early if you do it right. Just have to wait and see and hope there's not a dozen missile launchers waiting for me.

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I found this guy's planet.. I have no idea what he runs there (My espionage isnt that good to see the mines etc)
    but I can raid him, get my ships back and scan him again and he has more minerals than before I raided.. Im going back maxxing my max raids per day (3 'attacks' consisting of 3 'waves')

As for the U12 thing, well, we didnt get thrown out, but you need to apply if you want to be in the elite wing.. Im not sure Im cut out for it.. kind of a noob still at the combat side of things.. If I went on the major offensive, I'd probably loose badly and have to quit :p

Still, that guy that attacked me before was from planet 'Naboo'.. might just have to do some payback anyway.. he's in his own alliance with no other members.. Was rather suprised none of the alliance there offered to help when he was pounding me..

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well my first raid in the U11 game turned out to be a real winner. No defences and a nice steady supply of resources. Obviously has a lot of mines. I've kept that planet's coordinates in my notes. :) Raiding that place 3 times a day gives me about as much as my own mines generate. In my U12 game I'm raiding 5 different planets and all of them combined don't give me as much as this one planet does.

21. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Everytime I get somewhere in U12 I get blasted by someone and loose half my resources, I'm basically getting nowhere.

U11 is working out much better though, I've found a few planets that are good for raiding, just gained the ability to build the colony ship. Researching the things required for a cruiser at the moment. Might have to try and set up some defences of my planet soon.

If you set up a new colony do you have access to everything you have researched already ? or do you have to start again basically ?

22. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    You have to start again
    However, I think you should base a colony on supporting your main planet. (my opinion) my colony ship turned up a planet with (sigh) 36 build spots, so I deleveloped it to mine only crystals, since its a component that is needed a lot in researching. So I transport cargoships with full shipments back to my main planet every day.

Because it will never have a lot of any minerals (other than crystals) unless I get slack with deliveries, it shouldnt really be a target for raiding.

That way my main planet can concentrate on other things than just crystals..

Still, was a planet with 36 build spots worth a 40k resources ship? Probably not..

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I guess I won't be building a colony ship for a while anyway, but thats handy to know.

Cheers Alex.

24. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Intergalactic Research Network
    Scientists from your planets can communicate via this network with each other.
    With each level researched one of your research lab being on the highest level of the non-linked labs is added to the network. Their levels are being added when network is established.
    Each linked research lab needs the required level for the planned research to join into the networked research. Levels of all research labs taking part are being added together.

Thats what you need to make each planet have the same level. Requirements are quite high though

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    In uni 12 I got put in the big guns elite wing. Cool. :) Just hope I'm not out of my league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.