O.K. I gave my child a Star Wars Name...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by midichloriless, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midichloriless Jedi Padawan

My husband and I are avid star wars fans, OT and EU. We named our daughter Aubrey Jade, the Jade after Mara. Just wondering if anyone else out there has a Star Wars named child, or is considering this..
  2. Albion Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a friend who is Leia.

Her parents married on an amateur theater reproduction of A New Hope, he was Han Solo, she ws Princess Leia. He proposed during the final dress rehearsal in the scene before they drop into the garbage masher.
  3. lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Master

star 4
    why did you give your child two first names?
  4. Calli Force Ghost

star 4
    Thats cool.

I heard someone say they named their son 'Darth'.
  5. Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master

star 4
    i wanna name my kid chewbacca!!!!
  7. -Dengar- Jedi Knight

Lol. Chewbacca?! I'm thinking about the name, Jango.
  8. trippinjedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Aubrey Jade is her first and MIDDLE name. Not 2 first names. BTW, Aubrey is kind of a SW name since Cindel Towani from the Ewok movies was named Aubree Miller.
  9. jedilona Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'd name my kid Mace but then he'd be required to be tall, black and a badass.
  11. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    i know a guy whose last name is Han
  12. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Well, if I have children one day, I'd like one to be named Luke, definitely (partly because it's after Luke Skywalker, partly because I like that name, and partly becasue my parents thought I would be a boy and if I had been, they would've named me Luke).

And I also like Jacen. Han or Leia would be too obvious, but Leia would be cute for a girl...
  13. DrA Jedi Padawan

Stop folks imagine if you were called 'Darth' for the rest of your life. Or 'Leia'. Cruel.
  14. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm naming my child "Jabba Campbell"
  15. Mom2_4Jedi Jedi Padawan

A friend pointed this thread out to me and told me I HAD to reply!

I have 5 kids, 4 are named after SW and one was adopted (but still has a cool name!)

Ok, so here it goes

Anakin Lucas--11yr old

Since he was born before TPM (obviously), the name was taken from the original triliogy. When TPM did come out, he was an instant star in elem. school! His middle name is homage to THE MAN himself (George!)

Adopted daughter--9 yr old (name withheld due to legal reasons, but not SW anyway)

Twin (fraternal) girls--6yr old
    Jaina and Leia

I always knew my first daughter would be named Leia, and when I read Zahn, I loved the name Jaina--so when I found out I was having twins, we decided on those names. My husbands family has twins in every generation and they are not given middle names, so we honored that tradition.

The youngest....long story...if he had been a girl, I still think we would be arguing over the name! My husband wanted Mara Jade and I wanted Cray or Winter. Well, it ended up being a boy, when we were so sure it was a girl that we hadn't even bothered to think about what his name would be! Since we both loved the novel, I, Jedi, Corran was seriously considered, as was Kam and Dack (Luke's gunner in the snow speeder in ESB). Somehow, though, we always came back to Lando and Talon (Karrde). We both decided that Lando was too obvious and when we looked at him and said the name, it just didn't fit. Sooo, my 4 yr old is Talon.

Now for the middle name, we could not come up with anything that we liked, SW name or otherwise! So finally my husband says "Why don't we just use Karrde?" --Cuz it's stupid! That's why! Well, he finally convinced me, mainly because I couldn't come up with anything else! But it fits him, and he is Talon Karrde our little spitfire!

Talon Karrde--4yr old

Well, I guess I'm Mom 2 three Jedi and a smuggler!!

I know some people think we are weird or my kids have weird names, but to us they are who they are--bright, intelligent, funloving kids who are the center of our world. We've read them some stories (books) and we make up some stories about SW sometimes, but we don't make their names a focal point and really no one ever said anything until TPM came out and Anakin became such a huge character. It is an instant conversation piece (like your children aren't already!) and you can readily separate the tried and true SW fans from the fair-weather ones, especially when they recognize Jaina and Talon's names!

Anyway, thanks for the thread.

Note: I'm thru having kids, so Jar Jar is not a possibility!!! Although, the new kitten needs a name....hmmmmm!!

Serena
  16. Charth_Maul Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to name my son Paul. [face_plain] Or Palpatine.
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If I ever have boys my first born is going to named Terrence after myself, but I really like the name Corran. It's my favorite star wars name.
  18. Senator_Palpatine Jedi Padawan

Man, naming your kid Jade?

That's kinda risky.
  19. Kesel Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the name Jade, it's a name outside of SW as well so the reference is immediatly recognizable. Talon is cool also, kids would probably think of eagle's talons before anything else, but that's a pretty cool image for a kid.
  20. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    If I had a daughter I'd name her Aurra Sing.
  21. -Dengar- Jedi Knight

How about, First name: Max, Middle name: Rebo?
  22. PatJedi82 Ex-Mod

star 4
    If got a friend who named his cat Chewbacca! Does that also count?
  23. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    If I had a kid, I would like to name him Valin. I think that would be a cool name...]

Valin Zahn. Interesting...
  24. anakin_skywalker_sct Force Ghost

star 5
    There's lots of people called George and Luke. :D

I wonder if there's any french people who're named after handmaidens...
  25. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I knew someone once who was named Sky Walker!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.