main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.K. I gave my child a Star Wars Name...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by midichloriless, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    i really like the name jaina. i never really liked the name jason, but i like the spelling of jacen. esp. if i had twins (boy/girl). i also really like corran. i wouldn't want to name them anything too obvious like leia, luke, anakin, padme, or anything else ridiculous. mara is cool, too. i have a name that's often teased (skye is my real name.) so i know what it's like to be teased because of an unusual name.

2. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    on the other hand...my next cat will be called mirax.

3. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    I really wanna name my future son Anakin or at least make that his middle name. My cousin said she had to name her son with an "a" (this was back in '99) and all of us (me, my sis and bro) wanted her to name him Anakin....she went with Ajay...blah :p

4. JediMasterYoda98

JediMasterYoda98 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    I rather like the name Siri. :) For a boy though, even though it's none SW, I want to name my boy Matthias! I just really like that name! ohhh, Matthias Teel! ;)

5. FREEYodaOfTheSith

FREEYodaOfTheSith Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2002
    Eirtaé is my fav name from SW. I would name my child that

6. kenobikenobi

kenobikenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2002
    I LOVE the name Anakin! I'd be worried about my kid being made fun of though :p hopefully in ten years or so it won't be so obvious where it comes from...

Of course, If I had a girl, I could name her Annika (sp?). I just heard this name for the first time the other day, and I really like it. It is pronounced like a girl version of the name Anakin. I think this is a real pretty name (unique too!), and sort of pays a tribute to star wars without being TOO obvious.

Oh yeah...I also really like the name Hayden!!

7. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I was buying some Star Wars cards and the woman behind the counter said she knew someone who named their kid Anakin.

Also, my best friend used to baby-sit some twins, a boy and a girl, named Luke and Leia!

:D

8. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    Note:
    Before naming your child run through the fallowing exercies-
    1) Stand out side on your front porch/lawn.
    2)Yell the name out.
    3) Yell the name again this time including middle and last name.

If the name sounds to disturbing consider another name. Also if a kid runs up to you asking what you want consider moving.

Personaly I can't really imagine naming my child after any thing in Star Wars but I still consider it every now and then.
    On the flip side I wonder how kids do as they grow up around this stuff along with being named after it....

My 2 cents. ;)

-StarFett
    "Jango Fett the second! Get in this house right now!"

9. Bail-AnBillies

May 21, 2002
    kenobikenobi u and i think the same. I was worried that my kid would get made fun of too. Esp after I told my friend that I wanna name my son Anakin and she was like "Ya but don't you think that he's gonna be made fun of?! Esp by the kids that don't know where its from?!" I was a bit confused by her. Wouldn't he made fun of by the ppl who know where its from more? I don't think she knew what she was talking abt...so I think I'll stick to Anakin as the middle name just to be safe, and still have it there.

10. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    My wife and I named our son Gavin. When I suggested it I was thinking of Gavin Darklighter, but didn't mention that to my wife...

11. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    I used to play baseball with a kid named Anakin. I liked him until he started complaining about it. My little brother's biological mom named her new baby Jaden and I kinda like it because it mixes Jade and Hayden together. I would love to change my name to a sw name. People always call me Jackie Kennedy or Jackie Onassis or Jackie Robinson and it kinda ticks me off so i'll change it to a sw name and show it off.

When I grow up, get married and have kids I'm going to name my daughter(if i have one) Tahiri. I kinda like it. I'll name my son (if I have one)Jacen because it sounds like Jason so no one can really pick. Or Hayden because I like that name.

12. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    btw. congradulations to all of you who said that you had a baby fairly recently (or not so recently)!

13. Kay-Elle

Kay-Elle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    I've considered it, that is if I ever will have children, but it's risky. I think Anakin is a beatiful name too, but just too recognizable, as are most other Star Wars names. I kind of have my mind set on names that come from mythology, but have a SW name in them or relating to them - top 2 names for a girl at the moment would be Kallisto and Thaleia.

14. IfAnakinLikedJazz

IfAnakinLikedJazz Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Eirtaé or anopther handmaiden name

15. Bail-AnBillies

May 21, 2002
    Girl's name I always wanted soemthing crazy.

I get all my ideas for baby names off tv, movies, comics, etc. Like before I wanted tpo name my future daughter Harleina and call her Harley b/c of Harley Quinn from Batman. And then I thought hmmmm...Maybe I should name my other daugther (if I have 2) Ivy, so they go togther. (For Poison ivy) Then I liked the name Rogue... (bc of X-men)

Boy = I have always stuck by Anakin. And another name which I will not mention for fear that ppl will steal my combination.

But now I have settled on 2 really good names for girls. Not so weird like Harley or Rogue, but just nice enough... :)

16. EarthMachOne

EarthMachOne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    why would you name a child after an EU character? It's not even really Star Wars. Might have just as well have been a character from one of the Fan Fiction stories.

Would have been cooler to name it Chewbacca or Mothma.

Why people sometimes choose to inflict their freakish obsessions on their children in this way seems nuts to me. If I were a child I would feel better about having a name like Moonflower or Picabo or River or Sky. I pray to Blue Yoda that you're not going to dress the poor kid up as a SW character and parade it around. Scars like that don't heal, they remain open emotional wounds.

17. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    My cousin has two sons.
    His first he named Sith. The secon he named Jedi.
    When they fight you know that Jedi has to win.

18. IfAnakinLikedJazz

IfAnakinLikedJazz Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    YOu are joking, right............someone actually named their kids Jedi and Sith!

19. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    I am dead serious. One is probably 3 now and the other is maybe 1. Those are the names, first names at that.

20. jedi_shizzle

jedi_shizzle Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    My child is gonna be called Palpy !

21. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Our backyard seems to attract cats, so whenever a new one wanders through I give them a Star Wars name. I can reconize them all on sight, Padme, Jar Jar, Tigris, Han and Kenobi. I chose each name because of the way they looked, or because of something they did.

Padme has long white fur, and is the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. She also seems to have a couple different collers.

Jar Jar was a cat that got stuck in one of our trees, he was probably meowing there all afternoon until my family got back late in the day. My dad climbed the tree to bring him down. When he was on the lowest branch, the cat leaped out of his arms, ran into the side of the garage (I'm serious) and fled our yard. May dad then went back inside, muttering 'stupid cat', and well... :D

22. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm thinking of changing my name to Jango Fett. Mike is just to ordinary.

23. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm naming my first son Saber! Sab for short :)

24. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Some pretty cool ideas here! :D I always wanted to name my daught "Lisa"--if I ever have one, I'm only 18 ;)--but I thought about Leia too. I won't use anything too obvious, except maybe Ben, Luke and Mara, or anything from the PT. OT and EU names are fine. :D

25. BIG_BEN

BIG_BEN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I have a friend who's nickname is Chewie. Everyone that knows him calls him that, including teachers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.