O.K. I gave my child a Star Wars Name...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by midichloriless, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    I knew a guy we called Wookie b/c he was so tall.
  2. Master_Gnatnas Jedi Knight

My boys gonna be called Obi!
  3. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I remember when I was 6, I told my brother who was 9 that I was naming my kid Anakin. He said no, HE was. So it was this bet thing we had that I never forgot. Now, it wouldn't really work because of the PT, though :(

My fav girl name ever is Bria :) Don't hurt me, I just like that NAME :D

I also love Jacen and Jaina. Those rock. I also adore the name Harrison :)

-sj loves kevin spacey
  4. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
  5. Epicauthor Force Ghost

star 4
    My girlfriend and I have had this arguement (she's not a big SW fan) for a while. When we have kids, I wanted to name my son Anakin. She had major issues until we realized that we could name our DAUGHTER Anakin.

My girl likes the name Anne and Ani and I get to name a child after my favorite tragic hero. It works out.
  6. JcubFett Jedi Master

star 4
    If I ever had a child, and if it was a boy, I would name him Boba.
  7. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    If I ever have kids I probubly won't have say in their names but if I do I'd name my son either Ewan, Luke or Ki-Adi-Mundi And my daughter either Leia or Natalie. I have to agree about the kids probubly hating star wars, I might have their middle name Kenobi with a "regular" first name. I loved the name Ben up until I saw it on 7th Heaven.
  8. Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When I have kids (well, it'd be good to be married first too! :p ) I'm naming a girl Mara Jade ______

But I might have Alfaratta in there somewhere, because that was my Grandma's name. :)

Leia is pretty too, but I like Mara more! :D

For a boy maybe Luke...Ben...I don't know...maybe I'll let my husband decide that one! :p ;)

God bless!

<3-Moose
  9. Wild_Huntress Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'd already settled on the name "Arthur" for a son, after King Arthur, but then I realized that Ben Arthur sounds really cool. For a girl, though, there are some pretty Star Wars names, but the best so far IMO is "Lorien" from Lothlorien in LOTR. :D And then if the kids want to seem "normal" my boy could say he just has a normal name, which he would, and the girl could say it's just a respelling of Lauren. ;)
  10. JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have a friend named Luke!!!
  11. Bjork Jedi Master

star 4
    I really like the handmaiden names: Yané, Saché, and above all Sabé. A lot of people don't know that they are related to Star Wars and they sound pretty and exotic also.

As for the people who want to name their child Anakin, which is a name I really like by the way, I think it would be easier on them to use it as a middle name. I know that I go by my middle name which is Lyn rather than my first name Rachel. So when they're old enough they can decide if they really like Anakin enough to be called that by their peers. :)

This is unrelated but a couple years ago there was a boy in my class named Eamon. Pronounced 'E-mon'; but all the boys made fun of him by prouncing it 'Hey-mon' in a cheesy Jamacian accent. So having names that are hard to prounce can be a problem. :(

-Bjork.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.