main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<O====MG-GSE====O> "No, I am your father"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Coruscant, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    OOC: I can sure tell the Goof troop are back! Oof! [face_beatup]

NEBULA, Part V later tonight!!! Maybe late afternoon/evening, or later. What do you guys think works best? It will be two hours.

2. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Faux-Luke, Cockpit

As he crouched down to the ewok's level, Luke lifted his hair up to fully expose the bruise. He wondered what color it was right now.

"So what's wrong with me?" The Luke said, awaiting the bad news.

tag: med man ewok

3. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Its a matter of principle from Caedus' part. Besides, the force can more then make up for the loss of a hand.

4. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Count Dooku

Within the vehicle, the Count wandered over to where Caedus was. The younger Sith had apparently decided to remove the droid construct adorning his arm. Dooku nodded in approval. Good to see him removing the thing that had made him a...hybrid.

"You know, if we reach somewhere a little less chaotic on this ship, perhaps I could give you some element of instruction in Makashi," he offered. "It can be done one-handed, quite easily in fact. I was one of the few left to have mastered it, so I find myself doubting that it survived into your time." It would be good to see so classic a form revived. It shouldn't be lost, he believed.

Tag: Caedus

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Logray

Logray moved over to the man Tholme had pointed out. An older man referred to this man as Luke.

Luke saw the old Medicine Man and crouched down to his level.
    "So what's wrong with me?"

Logray looked over Luke's bruise and began chanting, attempting to use his magic to heal this man's bruise. He could tell that there was more to Luke's injury than just a bruise. He took the herbs he had in his hand and stuffed them into Luke's mouth. He applied another herb to his bandage and applied it over the bruise. He then began to explain in a sad voice that he could not fix the mental damage. Luke would have to do that himself. He explained that the herbs would help expedite the process by stimulating the memories. It was the best he could do.

Logray watched as his words reached the ears of the others and instantly knew they had no idea what he was saying. If only they could understand him!

Tag: Faux-Luke, Ben, etc

6. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Ben Kenobi

As Ben stood there next to Tholme, he saw the small ewok working on Luke. He saw him stuff some herbs in Luke's mouth, and chat things Ben just couldnt understand. By the ewok's sad voice though, Ben figured the small friend was aware of Luke's memory problems and was, of course, unable to cure that. He saw the frustration in the small doctor as no one could really understand what he was saying.

Walking over, Ben gave the ewok a reassuring smile and shrugged his shoulders "I cant really understand what you're saying my friend, but i gather he will be all right from his physical injuries, is that what you're trying to say?".

TAG: 'Old and in the way', Faux-Luke, Logray

OCC: ok, here i am with a full stomach and ready for the challenge [face_laugh]

7. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    GSE Challenge 05: NEBULA, Part V- The Octopus

Leaving behind the death and destruction of the simulation hangar, you?ll drive the juggernaught through many rooms and corridors until it powers down, after losing resources. You?ll be far enough along in the dark bowels of the ship that the zombie Jedi and the droids will no longer be an imminent threat.

However, in the process of escaping the simulation hangar, you?ll have lost your way. You won?t know where you are onboard the Executor. This is when the juggernaught will accidentally crash in on a secret of the Nebulans. The great cosmic octopus, Cthulhu, one of the Nebulans? most favorite pets. The Nebulans have ordered Cthulhu to leech on the Executor?s engines to fulfill one part of their secret plans. This prehistoric, massive octopus will literally be inside and outside the Executor, its tentacles and wings wrapped around the generators and engines at the rear of the great ship. There will appear to be four key chokepoints- two are on the inside of the ship, on generators, and two are on the outside, on the engines. All four of these chokepoints must be relieved for Part V, and by that route, the entire challenge to be won.

There is a twist, however. Nebulan henchmen are working against you to ?seal? these chokepoints and permanently attach Cthulhu to the Executor, forever.

Each chokepoint becomes progressively more difficult to detach.

a.) Chkpt. 1: 7 to 7:30pm. By 7:30, 15 IC-posts must have been made. If not, then the Nebulan henchmen will catch up with you. Chkpt. 1 is inside the Executor in the generator chambers.
    b.) Chkpt. 2: 7:30 to 8pm. By 8pm, 20 IC-posts must have been made between moving on from Chkpt 1. to detaching Chkpt. 2. Chkpt. 2 is inside the Executor.
    c.) Chkpt. 3: 8 to 8:30pm. By 8:30pm, 25 IC-posts must have been made between moving on from Chkpt. 2 to detaching Chkpt. 3. Outside, in space.
    d.) Chkpt. 4: 8:30 to 9pm. By 9pm, 30 IC-posts must have been made between moving on from Chkpt. 3 to detaching Chkpt. 4. Outside, in space.

Everytime you fail to meet an IC requirement, Nebulan henchmen will catch up with you. The upside to this is you have more stuff to RP about. The downside is a penalty of SIX will be subtracted from the IC-post total.

7:30- 15 total
    8- 35 total
    8:30- 60 total
    9- 90 total

Feel free to the use the juggernaught to make your way as quick as possible to a hangar bay after defeating the first two chokepoints.

If you don?t have 90 IC-posts by 9pm boardtime and/or if the IC-posts do not the meet the minimum for one or more chokepoints, then you will still be rewarded for yesterday?s straight 12 hours of RPing but there will be a grievous punishment as well. [face_skull]

This is the final part of Challenge 05, people. Let?s make good of it. Have fun, good luck!

note: Goof Troop's ICs will only count towards the totals if they are posting as non-Library, challenge participating characters.

8. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: i assume these will also be shorter IC posts, right Cor?:confused:

9. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh yes. They will have to be.

10. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Yoda:

Yoda had been only half-paying attention to what was going on behind him with the Son of Skywalker's memory loss and the treatment of the young man's injuries, since he was acting as co-pilot and telling the pilot where he had to go. But, now, he could sense nothing ahead, either with the Force or the RADAR. "Way ahead unclear is," he said aloud for everyone's benefit.

TAG: "Old and in the Way", everyone else

*Watch Corner Gas on Superstation WGN.*

11. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

As Ben was standing with the small ewok, Master Yoda spoke "Way ahead unclear is,"

Walking over towards the small jedi, Ben asked "Isnt the radar picking up anything at all? i cant really sense anything with the Force, wich doesnt surprise me... must be another of Piett's tricks".

TAG: 'Old and in the way', Faux-Luke, anyone walking towards the cockpit

12. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Yoda:

"RADAR work does not. Nothing picks up." He pointed at the blank screen. "Lost are we."

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Tholme

Tholme watched as Logray went to work on Luke. Deciding he was in good hands, Tholme headed outside the Juggernaut where T3 had gone recently. He called for the others to follow. If they were going to repair the juggernaut, it would go faster if they all pitched in.

TAG: All

OOC: Quick recap from sunday. the juggernaut powered down from small but easily repairable damage and t3 started to pick up readings on the octopus and went outside the juggernaut.

14. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Yoda:

Yoda unbuckled from his seat and followed the others outside. He was not mechanically inclined, but he would help where he could. The faster they could repair it, the faster they could get back into its semblance of protection. They would be much easier to get to out here in the open.

15. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: I'm not going to partake in this one, dudes. Control T3 as you must. :p

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: While we do the octopus thing, you can fix the juggernaut. Sound ok?

17. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

"RADAR work does not. Nothing it picks up." He pointed at the blank screen. "Lost are we."

"Oh but of course", Ben muttered to himself, "unless we're in trouble things just dont seem right".

Taking a deep breath, Ben saw as Tholme was heading outside, and called everyone to join in. "Well, i guess this means rest is over", he added. With that, he followed Tholme outside, ready for whatever was ahead.

18. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Cthulhu sucked.

And sucked.

And sucked.

Sucked.

Suck.

Sucked more.

Sucking all the energy from Executor's engines.

Until the entire ship would be zombie enough to obey Cthulhu's every telepathic command. It was then that he sensed something coming.

Humans!

19. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: Sounds okay.

20. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Wicket

Noticing some movement from the tall legs, Wicket sat up and watched as a strange man walked past him.

It was then he saw the older nice man who had saved his life earlier. It seemed he was in a rush to get outside. With that, Wicket stood up and went after him. He would help the man in any way he could.

OCC: 9 minutes to go!

21. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: Who are you talking to, Minch?

IC Yoda:

He looked at the massive durasteel wall in front of him, unsure even where to begin. This was totally outside of his area of expertise. "First do what we should?" He was willing to help out in any way he could.

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC:Logray

The old one with the beard seemed to understand what Logray had said about Luke. He nodded and began to return to his makeshift infirmary. He was halfway there when he felt...something.

Something was wrong. Logray could feel it. Something was feeding. Something evil. He ran outside the vehicle
    chattering for the others to follow. Several of his brethren ewoks followed him with the spears in hand. At least they could understand him.

TAG: ALL

OOC: Was talking to DarthSubZero about T3

23. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    The gnomes rushed and rushed, trying to finish the paint job on Cthulhu's thick rubbery skin. The players were almost here. One of the yellow-jumpsuited gnomes stood up on a tiny ladder and yelled. "Henchmen! We need to get the henchmen out!

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004

As Ben walked outside, he saw a massive durasteel wall.

Running a hand on the strange wall, Ben spoke "This feels...organic... doesnt it?", he asked, with a very confused look on his face.

25. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: I thought he wasn't going to be here for it, or are you just explaining his absence?

Also, the wall Yoda was describing was the juggernaut's side, which was humongous to Yoda, but we can have another wall to, Veloz. No problem. It makes things more interesting.

IC Yoda:

Then, suddenly, there was something new, something massive and inordinately evil that seemed very interested in them in turn. The Ewoks had apparently felt it too, for they were already moving. To T3, he said, "Continue working on repairs you must. Investigate these new troubles we will."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.