main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<O====MG-GSE====O> "No, I am your father"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Coruscant, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inty

Inty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2008
    IC: Jabba the Hutt

Jabba had no desire to play games. Much less to play games with an Imperial. This was why he had slaves.

But he wanted out of his cell. It was too small, and, mostly thanks to his actions, it was beginning to smell very bad.

He called out loudly in Hutteese

[say your name if you are a guest and can hear the voice of the great Jabba]

Tag: Any who can hear me

OOC: Cor, to clarify, can we hear other prisoners who just shout out?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Admiral Daala
    Cell, Detention Block E

Very well then, there was a truth and yet a lie lible in the telling of the tale. "The fifteen at the rear of the cell block are vacant, and good and bad are on opposite sides of the block. It is either Imperial, bounty hunters, and Sith on one side and Jedi, smugglers/gangsters, and Rebel on the other." She ventured the classic view that most seemed to take of their setup as she highly doubted the Piett look alike would share her views of baseline good and bad not that she wouldn't try it if her first attempt didn't work.

TAG: GM

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    IC: Obi-Wan

"Wait a moment," Obi-Wan said, staring at the roster. There were 60 names listed, yet the number of cells the mysterious man had told of added up to 75. "Perhaps the empty spots are at the ends?"

TAG: Piett

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Just tagged solojones in the previous page. Ignore it if you want. We're moving so fast.

5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    IC: Qui-Gon

From nightmare to nightmare

Qui-Gon slowly picked himself up off the floor, and squinted around him at the barren little cell.

Where was he?

The last thing he could recall was hearing horrific news from Dooku about future, and now . . . this.

He pressed his hand to his aching head, and then slowly pushed himself up until he was sitting with his back against the wall.

He kept his eyes closed. It kept the harsh, over-bright light out, and created at least a semblance of peace.

Maybe it was all a dream, he thought.

Ironic, that he would prefer a cell and plausible ignorance of the future to relative freedom and the poisonous knowledge that Dooku had imparted to him.

"Impossible," Qui-Gon said to himself. Anakin had evidently grown up in troubled times, and was a conflicted young man. But become a Sith, and murder all the Jedi?

It couldn't even be done. There were thousands of Jedi, and only ever two Sith at a time. A Master, and . . .

Qui-Gon leaned forward and rubbed at his sore eyes with his fingers, remembering Dooku's tale of serving, and then being betrayed by, a Master Sith. Senator Palpatine, Dooku had said.

That's ridiculous. Even if he was a Sith Lord, why would he send his apprentice to attack the very queen he helped bring to the throne?

The more he thought about it, the more it seemed impossible that all he had seen before could have really happened. The possibility that it had all been a dream or a hallucination made him feel considerably better.

He cracked open his eyes and took a better look at what his "real" reality was like. Cot. Rudimentary sanitary facilities. A door, a couple of vents.

He climbed stiffly to his feet and tried the door. Nothing. No real surprise there. He gave the mechanisms inside a good Force-twist . . . still nothing.

Bad.

He went and sat down on the cot. He'd noticed that someone had evidently changed his clothing, but it was when he sat down again that he noticed the prisoner's serial numbers running up the sleeve.

All right--very bad.

He recalled his earlier thought that it wouldn't even be possible to kill all the Jedi.

Maybe . . . more things were possible than he'd thought.

Suddenly, he felt very cold, much as he had during those final moments on Naboo, when he pled with Obi-Wan to train Anakin.

Only this time, the cold world around him didn't fade away.

Tag: Uhh, anybody?

6. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: Can we get a confirmation on Inty's last question, please? Can we hear and react to each other?

*Watch Corner Gas on Superstation WGN.*

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    OOC: Nevermind

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: Qui-Gon's number is clearly 24601 :p

I know I was tagged, but I'm not sure we can hear each other. Also, no one's above anyone.

Obi-Wan wondered idly whether the man's defintion of 'good' and 'bad' would have matched his own. It seemed questionable. Still, staring at the list, he did not even know many of the individuals and therefore would not know what side they aligned with anyway.

TAG: any

OOC: oddly, Spiff and I had this thought at the same time, as he posted it just as I sent him a PM about it :p

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    IHM

Prisoners are INCOMMUNICADO!

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: So are we not supposed to work together, then?

11. Blade15

Blade15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2008
    IC: Corran Horn

Corran moved over to the list that had been produced by the food slot. He grabbed it and then moved back over to the cot. He sat there, scanning the sixty names. He began marking them as good and bad in his mind.

TAG: None

12. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IHM

Just because Piett is saying he wants you all to work together, doesn't mean you can.

13. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    IC: Nom Anor

Nom Anor smiled. The list on the military ticket-- the prisoner list-- contained a total of sixty names, most of which he knew through his studies, some of which he knew personally. From what the Intercom Man had said, they were arranged together as "good, bad, good, bad"-- however, what qualified as "good" and what qualified as "bad" was certainly up for debate.

He figured Imperials were probably the "good" here, considering it was an Imperial ship, and the Intercom Man its captain (an admiral, wasn't he?). Thus, New Republic, Rebellion, Jedi...they would be the bad. Sith? Good, considering Palpatine, Vader, and their cronies.

But of Nom Anor? How much did these people...or this man...or whoever was keeping them captive here know about him, or even the Yuuzhan Vong? Especially considering the time warping.

He shrugged. The Yoda creature hadn't responded. Perhaps it had been his imagination. Lots of things were crazy in this place, after all. It could've been a Jedi mind trick for all he knew. Or a Sith one. Or...something. Something like that, yeah.

He started to arrange the names on the list together, organizing them in the rough way he figured they would be. Hopefully the Intercom Captain would appear again soon with something more to go on. Or, better yet, just open the door and let him out of here.

TAG: Piett, and folks

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: I shall edit that out. Also what about using the force to "sense" others?

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Han "Junior" Solo

Han cocked a brow at the console and the thick Coruscantii voice that had accompanied it. It was the same voice that had magically appeared out of nowhere moments before and it was still going on about a game. Han frowned, not particularly in the mood to play anything of any sort. "I don't like games," he mumbled to himself, eyeing the grate again.

"Listen, you disembodied Hutt carcass," Han shouted into the vent. "I ain't about to sit here and play 'guess who' while you sit up in your spacious crew quarters and make complete banthas outta us! I want answers!"

TAG: Piett, anyone

OOC: Man, this thing moves fast. [face_hypnotized]

16. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    OOC: ^^You were warned. That's why it's better to have short posts, so that you can react quicker. [face_mischief]

IC Yoda:

Yoda studied the list that had been slipped through the door. Some of the names he knew from the Jedi Archives, but some he had never heard before. He was gratified to know that all of the Jedi that had gotten together were still around, but disheartened to learn that the Sith were as well. 60 names, 75 cells. He knew that Imperials loved order above all things, so it seemed obvious to him that either the cells alternated with an empty one between the two occupied ones, or there were an equal number of empty cells on either end, with all the prisoners between them.

TAG: Piett, anyone else

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IHM

The Force does NOT work outside the user's cell, so no.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: I *told* you, Steph :p It's why you need shorter posts. Also, CONGRATS on winning the PG :D

And also, I assume it's actually 59 on the list since Piett is, you know... not in a cell :p

19. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IHM

Don't be so sure. [face_mischief]

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Tholme

Tholme stared at the roster before him. 60 names. 75 cells.

Tholme walked over to the food door and said "Hello demented little man who has managed to capture a cripple. Would you care to share a little more information then just a list of names?"

TAG:piett

OOC: Yes I know we can't talk back. He's just thinking out loud.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: Oooh fine. Still not sure how we're working together, but er...

Obi-Wan stared at the list. The man was a military man, and this must have some kind of order to it. He already had revealed the 'good/bad' order. Staring at the list of names and wondering about the people from various eras he had already encountered, he muttered aloud, "Perhaps its chronological."

22. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Yoda:

Yoda wondered how he would be able to make any sense of this list if he did not know who a lot of the prisoners were. A list of names did not tell him a life story. He knew when in history and the reputations of the Jedi on the list lived, at least those from before and of his time, and he knew of most of the non-Jedi from before and during his time, but if there were non-Jedi or Jedi from after his death on this list, how was he to know how the Admiral would order them?

23. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    IC: Nom Anor

Nom Anor began scratching the initials of beings' names into the ground with his sharpened claws. The first thing he decided he had to do was arrange them into groups of "good" and "bad" according to the Intercom Man.

And, so, that's what he did.

TAG: Piett, others

24. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Piett

The console dropped down again and this time Piett wore a transparent green visor with white lining. He put on his best commentator's voice. Behind him was a black wall very similar to the rest of the cells.

"The empty cells are 61-75! Glad we got that out of the way! And the cell on the end is larger than all! But what number is it?"

"Now, one name at a time, my dear inmates! When you all call out one name in unison, I will tell whether or not I consider that person good or bad! Use your call-outs strategically. Time is limited!"

IHM

Okay, so when three players call out the same character in a row via their own characters, I'll reply with Piett whether or not he considers that character good or bad, in his view.

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Admiral Daala

"Here is my first guess then, Sir.

1. Admiral Firmious Piett
    2. Sev
    3. Lord Darth Vader
    4. Cade Skywalker
    5. Nom Anor
    6. Corran Horn
    7. HK-47