main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oafy-Wan "Jedi Apprentice[Maybe] 7/28 sample new story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    This keeps getting better...

Oi, Obi needs some anger management classes- not that I blame him... personally, I thinking punching Bruck is letting him off easy... :mad:

2. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Obi is making stupid and dangerous plans ( though I wouldn´t blame him either ;) ) and you let us hanging here *snief*

BE NICE P L E A S E

Angel

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for feeback.
    Due to a schedule change at work I have decided to put another post up this evening by 6:30 P.M. e.s.t.

I have two consecutive double shifts{15 hrs. each} the next two days so I really can't tell you about another post after this one.Maybe Friday if I ever get out of bed.

PEACE Ewen

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Am really enjoying your story.
    Could you please post the url for the Making of a Master? I probably read it before but... I don't remember. And you know what they say...memory is the second thing to go and I forget the first.

Thanks.

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon waited in Master Ramina?s living area. He had scheduled a meeting with him concerning Obi?s progress in saber training.

?Master Jinn have you come to discuss your apprentice?s progress in my class or I should say lack of progress.? Nice play on words the amused Ramina thought.

?Tyo I?m not here to argue or engage in a sparring match of words. I am here because of Obi-Wan. He is a Jedi and I expect him to receive the same treatment afforded any apprentice.?

?Ah, You think I haven?t been fair with the boy? It?s not me who?s treated him like the ?Chosen One?. It has been the council. Is that fair to the others.
    While I don?t appreciate what his mother did, turning her back on the Jedi, I have bent over backwards for the boy.?

Qui-Gon stood with a look of utter disbelief on his face. ?Knock it off Tylo we both know you want Obi-Wan to fail. I will make this brief. See to it that he is treated as fairly as the others, nothing more. Also I do not want your padawan near Obi.?

?Sorry about that Master Jinn, but you have overstepped your boundaries. Obi needed tutoring and I don?t have the time. Bruck has been kind enough to help. You of all people should be appreciative of that. Now if you don?t like the way I teach, then take it before the council, but be warned Jinn it will do you no good. My record is exemplary when it comes to teaching at this temple.?

Qui-Gon blew out the breath of air he had been holding. He knew Tylo was right. With the exception of Obi and his problem, Master Ramina was considered one of the best saber technique instructors at the temple and had never had any difficulties with any of the other masters. His own padawan, Bruck was a perfect example of his teachings.

***Elsewhere in the temple****

Obi had just gotten out of the shower from his training with Bruck. He thought that maybe things were going to get a little bit better, because Bruck had not taunted or teased Obi as much. He headed to the lunchroom. Lunchtime was one of his favorite times of the day.

?Hey Chun, here comes your buddy Obi-Wan.? Padawan Taron, Brucks closest friend nudged Chun in the ribs as he spoke.

?Yea right, the little snot is trying to get me in trouble. He has the best master and the council in his hip pocket. He?s starting to become a smug little brat. My master told me I should watch my step with him. I shouldn?t do anything outside of the boundaries of proper conduct.? Bruck seemed almost in a rage.

With that the others laughed. They knew Bruck had it in for Obi so when he got around to it Obi-Wan Kenobi would be no match for Bruck Chun.

Obi had just selected his food and was carrying the tray to a table.

\\I WISH Bant was having lunch now. Then I wouldn?t feel so alone and isolated in here. I?ve got to pass Bruck?s table and they have all been staring at me. I?m probably their joke of the day.\\

Obi gathered up all the courage he had and let out a big sigh. He was determined he wasn?t going to walk all the way around the room to avoid his nemesis. No he would face Bruck head on.

Kenobi was just about to pass the table where Bruck and his friends sat laughing and talking. Just when he thought he had made it, his right foot hung up on something in his path. It hung on the now out stretched leg of Padawan Chun.Obi-wan tried to regain his balance but he did not succeed. As he fell all he could here was the jeering laughter of Bruck and his friends. They applauded his tumble.

[Right before Obi?s tumble Bruck had checked to see if an attending Knight was in the lunchroom, He didn?t want a witness.]

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor obi-Wan. After hearing the healer's comments (even if they are half in jest) he probably thinks that he will never get any master to believe his side of the story.

7. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I find it hard to believe that as sneaky and just plain mean as Bruck is that he doesn't have a history of offenses towards younger initiates.

Poor Obi, how many months does he have left to go before he gets his force abilities back? Its going to be a long few months me thinks. :(

Good angst ewen

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I agree with shan . Surely Bruck has a history of bullying.

Poor Obi. The fact that he didn't get angry until Bruck insulted Qui-Gon, should make Qui feel bad for being disgusted with him.

Great post, ewen . :)

9. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    From what it sounds like, even if Bruck had bullied, his Master would have found a way to direct the trouble. They make quite a pair... :mad:

Poor Obi-Wan... never gets a break... err well atleast from the trouble...

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    There is mention of corporal punishment in this.If "pushes your buttons"Don't read it.

Obi was released from the Healers. His diagnosis was a very sore nose and two cracked ribs. As he and his master left the medical ward they bumped in Master Tylo and Bruck who also had just been released.

Obi allowed himself to mentally smile, because he dared not express blatant joy at Bruck?s eye in front of both the angry masters. The moment of bliss did not last long. The penetrating eyes of Master Tylo bore holes through Obi.

Qui-Gon saw and felt Obi?s reaction.He gently pressed his hand on the child?s back and urged
    him past the two, master/apprentice.

Qui-Gon was upset and disappointed in Obi but he had no intentions of letting him far from his
    sight with Bruck or Tylo around.

In the sanctity of their small apartment, Jinn ushered the boy to the couch

?I?ll go fix some tea you just sit there and rest. Gather your thoughts.?

\\Because before this day is over padawan of mine your are going to need more than thoughts or excuses to get you out of this one.\\

?You may rest after your tea and we can talk later or we can talk now. You decide.? The word ?TALK? was accented with a little touch of venom.

With that Qui went to the kitchen to fix some tea and fetch some sweet wafers that Obi was so fond of. He had been aware of the fact that Obi had not his lunch. It was splattered all over his discarded tunic left behind at healers. He now wore a clean one.

Obi was barely able to look at his master when Qui-Gon returned with the tea.

The old saying.? IF you could turn back time? kept coming to mind as he watched his master pour tea for both of them. He thought it was lyrics from an old song.

\\I wish now I COULD TURN BACK TIME.I would have left things alone. I should have been able to handle that punk Bruck without a fight. Oh, I must have shamed Master Jinn with my actions.\\

The master settled himself on the couch as Obi slid to the floor to reach his tea, which was placed on a small table before them.

?I would like an explanation for this Obi-Wan. One that can explain your need to engage in 'fist-to-cuffs' right in the middle of the Jedi Temple.?

?I have none master. I know I was wrong. I just lost my temper .I?m sorry?

?I have no doubt you are. But the fact remains that you should have known better. Who threw the first punch??

\\Surely master isn?t going to go by that ?old rule?. The first punch then you started it kind of rule.\\

?Just because the first is thrown by one, does not make the party guilty of starting the fight.? Obi tried reasoning to his master.

A small groan seeped across the Jinn?s lips.

?So you started the fight. You threw the first punch? The master waited impatiently for the answer.

?Now master that hardly sounds rational or fair just because I hit him first.?

Qui looked incredulously at Obi. ?Young man I am not here to play word games or decipher what you are trying to say like it is some secret code.?

?I want to know if you started the fight or not. Nothing more. Nothing less.?

Obi looked at his master with a sheepishily guilty glance. ?I threw the milk carton at Bruck after HE tripped me.?

?Oh I see.? Qui pondered on how to pursue.

?Are you saying you know for a fact he intentionally tripped you and it was not an accident??

By now Obi had gotten very perturbed by Qui?s insinuation. His voice became loud, persistent, and almost disrespectful.

?Come on Master you know Bruck has had in for me since I arrived at the temple. So has his Master.?

Jinn raised his hand in the air to silence his apprentice in mid-sentence.

?There will be no disrespectful observations made by you of Master Ramina. He has been difficult but you only aggravate the situation with your disapproval of him you are only a padawan and??

?And I am supposed to let anyone run over me as long as they are higher on the totem pole?" Master Ramina and Bruck

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I don't know about there being only a few loyal readers out there, but I am here and enjoying it :)

12. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I think this is a good story, ewen . Very angsty and a good moving plot. I'm wondering what the Council will say about this. I'm glad Qui wasn't too harsh on Obi. :)

13. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    I think you have more than a few readers, ewen.

As always, another amazing post... *sigh* just what I needed after a long day...

Eagerly await more!

14. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    I was glad to see that Qui didn't turn a cold shoulder to Obi and actually tried to have a heart to heart with him.

Obi certainly does need to learn his manners though. Talking back to Qui--and interupting him :eek: Maybe extra meditations would do him some good.

Now, lets see how the council handles this. I am curious as to how they will react to both boys recount of events. Surely Bruck will lie.

Can't wait for more, ewen

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon stood on the balcony of his and Obi?s apartment. He was truly glad this day was coming to a close. But he also knew with its close would bring tomorrow, and that day would not be much better than this one. Well he wouldn?t have the worry of an injured padawan. That worry would be replaced with concern for the actions that would be taken against his apprentice by the council. All parties were to be in Council chambers at 10:00A.M. sharp.

Master Jinn forced himself to relax and feel the force. The very air around him seemed charged with it. He slowly regained his focus, which had only returned to him earlier with deep meditation.

\\I should take the advice that I have given my apprentice and utilize it.?Live in the now?. Thinking of the future will not change it. The council will do what they will do. Live in the moment, yea right.\\

The tall master thought to himself as he mulled over today's events.

While he was able to temporarily let go of the concern he felt for the council meeting, his mind drifted back to the past. His past with Xanatos.

\\I thought I would never get over Xani?s betrayal. Of course I thought I would never take another padawan but look at me now. Is this Padawan worth defending, or has he blinded me with my compassion for him just as Xani had.\\

Master Qui-Gon Jinn regretted that mental thought as soon as he thought it.

\\OF COURSE HE IS. There is no dark side in him. Master Ramina is wrong. I will show him as well as any of the others who question Obi-Wan's right to be a Jedi. Once he?s recovered from the force inhibitor used on him, Obi?s control in all things Jedi, will improve. Even Master Yoda thinks so. He said as much.\\

The doorbell brought Master Jinn out of his deep thoughts. He left the little balcony with the sun setting on the Coruscant horizon. As he left, Qui-Gon looked over his shoulders once more and saw the setting sun, which signaled a new day would soon be upon him.

?Mace, welcome, come in. I hope I can attribute this visit as being a social one." Qui gingerly spoke the words, knowing they weren't true.

?Knock it off my friend. You know very well it is not. It?s business. Business I do not particularly like delving into. So how is your padawan? No permanent damage I hope.?

If Jinn was not mistaken the words spoken by Mace held a touch of scarcasm.

Before Qui could even get a word out he was interrupted.

?I hope you are going to tell me he has been in his room for the last several hours mediating on today?s activities??

Mace hadn't waited for an answer from the other master.

Now it was Qui?s turn to reprimand Mace.

?I could mirror your words Mace? Knock it off.? I would say that if I were not trying to be my congenial self. Of course I have had Obi-Wan mediate on today?s events. And to answer your question, Obi-Wan is fine, well considering Bruck tried to mop the floor up with him.?

Windu let the last remark about Bruck by Jinn go unnoticed.

?Good because if the two of you plan to get out of this one unscathed or at least partially with your skin still attached, you had better have the boy be a picture of senerit. All of us on the council know of Bruck?s little run-ins but because of his astute abilities and his Master protecting him, Chun has always wrangled out of it.?

A surprised look passed across Jinn?s face.

?So you?re saying you don?t believe it is all Obi?s fault??

?Of course I don?t, I see darkness shaded around Bruck every time I look at him, I have had no real proof, it?s just an aura. But be warned Qui, I also know nothing is ever one-sided. There?s always two sides to everything, Kenobi will be held responsible for his part in the altercation?

?What of Yoda's thoughts on this??

Qui felt an immediate desire to know what his former master thought of his apprentice.

?He has thought on this situation much today. Being in the gardens mediating all day is not a good sign. Now is it?'

Mace recounted the activities of the little green m

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Yes, please put up the second half ASAP. I want to hear what Bruck has to say (lie) about the altercation. Poor Obi.

17. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    oh yes, do post :)

I'm anxious to see how Bruck is going to lie his way out of this one.

I know these are jedi boys we are talking about. But boys will be boys, this is a part of growing up. They should be taught a better way of dealing with it. I hope the council approached things with that in mind.

I'll be looking for more tomorrow :D

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Yes, I'm definitely waiting for more. How does the obnoxious little turd think he is going to get out of trouble this time?

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    **crys waaaaaaaaaaaaa moreeeeeeeeeeee orrrrrrrrrrr iiiiiiiiiiii willlllllllllll dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

20. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I liked the way Qui stood up for Obi to Mace.

Can't wait to see how Bruck tries to explain what happened. He seems so sure of himself.

This story's only getting better. Post the next part soon. :)

21. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    LOL PadawanKitara I love it :D

[face_laugh] obnoxious little turd [face_laugh]

Best description of Bruck I think i've ever heard. [face_laugh]

<<Sorry. It's friday night. Should not drink wine coolers and reveiw fan fiction>>

22. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Absolutely, you must post more - right now. Hey, just because I can't get in here and reply to every post (real life is such a drag!) doesn't mean I'm not reading and dying to know what's next.

Consider this a Jedi Force-powered mind whammy: You will post NOW! :D

CYN

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    For those interested.I will post later this afternoon in a couple of hours.

Thanx for reading!!!!!

PEACE Ewen

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Chun took the two steps forward that were required by one who addressed the council.

The long deep breath could be heard as it came from Padawan Chun. He immediately launched into his supposed recollected version of the fight.

?I was stretching my legs just at the time Obi, I MEAN Padawan Kenobi was passing. I do apologize for not seeing him in time I guess his feet got tangled up in my legs. I certainly did not mean to trip him.?

Mpmm..Was the only response drawn from Yoda. Plo Koon set and nodded his head. It was as if he had already sided with Padawan Chun. Issue closed.

Lines had been drawn. It almost seemed that each master on the council had chosen his or her side without listening. They seemed to know whom they would believe or not believe. Mace and Yoda let the force guide them Koon seemed on a path of destruction. Obi was the one he planned to destroy. Gallia set silently as if she truly planned to take in both sides before judging.

Chun continued. ?As soon as I realized what happened I rushed to Kenobi?s aid. He did not take my hand that I offered him help up with.Instead he just picked up his carton of milk and threw it. I did shove the padawan away from me, but it was a defensive move, not one of aggression. I beg forgiveness from the council. I certainly didn?t mean to hurt him. After all he?s just a little boy.?

Jinn stood listening to what he thought were Chun?s lies. He bit his tongue to keep silent.

Mace spoke up. "Padawan Chun this was not the first time a padawan has misconstrued your actions to be ones of abuse and aggression. This is not your first time to be hear before us on seemingly similar circumstances.?

Master Ramina immediately stepped forward.

?I object. Each time my padawan has come before you he has walked away blameless. While reprimanded for slight confrontations, he has been found not guilty of anything more than having a minor scrap with another. Besides he is not up here before the council for what has happened before, but only for the scrape that transpired between he and Kenobi yesterday.? He has done no wrong in my eyes.?

Yoda pointed his snarled finger at the Master. ?Silence! You are out of line.?

?Blind you might have been. when comes to your padawan it does. Defensiveness you saw in your padawan, anger and disrespect saw in him I have. Right about one thing you are. Here today to discuss and bring judgment for fight held yesterday. Dwell in the past we won?t. No good it does. Yoda spoke. Determined not to allow this meeting to be governed by either of the padawan?s masters.

Yoda nodded indicating his little fact-finding interrogation was to continue.

Chun, ?There is little more to tell.?

He motioned for all the masters to look at his black eye.

?This was the result of Padawan Kenobi?s fit of rage.?

Chun made two steps back and now stood along side his master again.

Jinn had listened to the lies that had come from Chun. He gripped the sides of his robe trying to control the anger lying just below his surface of exterior calm. He felt himself growing hot with fury for this padawan. He almost wanted to take him by the collar and give him a good shake. But that would do Obi-Wan no good. So still he stood silent.

Yoda with his little head cocked at an angle and one eyebrow raised motioned to Obi-Wan to take his place before the council.

?Padawan Kenobi saw it differently you did??

Qui-Gon had to nudge his smaller padawan forward. Obi seemed reluctant to take those two little steps forward, but he did.

He tried very hard to keep his head up. Obi remembered that his master had instructed him it was a sign of respect to the council to make eye contact with them while being questioned. He did want to impress them.

A little voice almost inaudible stammered??I did hit him with the milk carton??

Mace, ?What made you believe he tripped you intentionally??

?They were all laughing at me as I passed. And?.I?? Obi seemed unable to continue.

He even thought the excuse he had just given so

25. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Wonderful Council scene full of tension. The added dimension of Adi and Plo at odds made it seem so real and believable. Great post, ewen . :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.