main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oafy-Wan "Jedi Apprentice[Maybe] 7/28 sample new story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Very touching, Ewen - and Bruck is his typical, charming, two-faced self - the padawan we all love to hate.

Nice characterizations.

Keep it coming.

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    you said it Cyn

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi's been rescued and Bruck's plotting more deceit. Looking forward to the next post. :)

4. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Once again, Bruck sweet talks himself out of trouble...

Marvelous, ewen!

5. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Good post, ewen

I personally dont wan't to give Bruck credit for being able to dupe his master, master Jinn, and possibly the entire Jedi Council.

I have faith that Master Yoda will see his true thoughts. :)

Good Obi/Qui interaction! It's about time :)

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Yes very well done poor little obiwan glad quigons with him now!!! bruck grrrrrrrrrrrr!

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for all the positive feedback.

I might try to post tomorrow.

No promises though.

Remember how long it took Jinn to realize his padawan was of the Dark side??

Let's hope Ramina isn't that dumb.

PEACE ewen

8. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    So many great posts *smile* :D *smile*

Dump Bruck, I think he is really the right Padawan for Xani, they could be proud of each other :p

Poor Obi. Sometimes I think he has the exclusiv rights to be tortured ;) . But so, he could be rescued by a nearly panicking master ==> much ;) . The last szene was so cute. I believe they have to have a long talk, but I have a certain feeling that Obi won´t blame his master for being that rude. I mean talking about him and Xanathos was not really one of the smartest things, he could have done ;)

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ****Two days later*******

The Jedi had returned to the Palace, let the King know where to retrieve the bodies of the Hutts, and left immediately on a little transport supplied by the King.

********Later at the temple;********************

Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat beside the bacta tank that held his padawan. Obi only required a few hours in the tank for his injuries. His jaw was wired together and a bone knitter put into place. With the knitters? assistance, the padawan would have a wired together mouth for two weeks. Some things just took time. A broken jaw was one of them.

The Healer had informed Jinn that he could take Obi home in a couple of hours once he was out of the tank and had been checked over. The council had been patient about their inquiries as to what had transpired with the Hutts. They had no choice but to be patient. Jinn showed no indication that he planned to leave the healers ward to report to them.

Ramina had mediated all afternoon. He knew he must face the council and he was deep in thought as to how to go about the confrontation with the council. He planned to loyally defend his padawan. He was not sure what actions would be taken against him or his apprentice.

He was sure that Bruck would face some kind of punishment for wantonly causing harm to Obi. Maybe he would be reprimanded also for failing to control his boy.

Mace stopped in at the healers? ward to check on Obi-Wan and his friend Qui.

?How?s he doing??

The inert little figure laid quietly in the bacta?s red jell. His master had put him in a force-induced sleep because the bacta tank terrified Obi.

Hooked to tubes and a breathing mask seemed more like torture than a medical treatment.

?He will awake in about an hour or less. The healer said that he may go home with me when he does.
    I need to stock up on soup and straws.?

Windu gave Jinn a quizzical look then realized that the padawan would have his jaw wired for a couple of weeks and to eat anything solid would be impossible.

?Good luck my friend that won?t be fun taking care of an apprentice who can?t talk or eat.?

Jinn beamed with a smile that stretched across his face.

?Yea, but just think, he can?t argue either.?

Windu released a little chuckle at the other master?s joke.

?When he is released, he and I are going to have to straightened out some things. Obi has to know I am not anything like his father. I would never beat or abuse him, but I am still the one giving the orders.I am the master, he is the apprentice. I might have handled his previous punishment badly, but the child needed punished. We are just going to have to reach a common ground on that .?

?I will agree that Obi has a lot to learn and discipline is always essential to a padawan?s life while he is growing. Maybe with that discipline should come a constant reinforcement of your love and respect for him. It will just take time.?

Windu gave the words of encouragements as he remembered training his only padawan, the now Master Gallia.

Master Jinn looked at the boy who by then had stirred and was attempting to wake up.

?Before he wakes and you take Obi home, I wanted to tell you that Master Ramina has asked for meeting with the council. Seems he and his padawan has some confessions to make. Don?t get me wrong. I have no doubt that Master Ramina is sincere. My doubt lies with the sincerity of his padawan?. ?

Jinn exhibited a frown on his face.

?I know. I would even like to see Bruck do a complete turn around and make his master proud of him but I think that is unlikely to happen. I hate to see Ramina think he has failed again. I know more of him and Ra?lene now. I can at least understand his pain.?

Before Windu could say anything the moaning sound and flailing arms of Obi indicated he was waking and was not to happy with being in the jelled tank.

?I will leave you to Obi-Wan. I can see he is going to be a handful. Maybe before you start that master/padawan staunchness, you could try a little nurturing that you are sooo goood. a

10. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Eep! You... stopped!

Ewen, that was fabulous! I still loved the interacion between Obi and Qui.

Bruck should be kicked out of the order... :mad: Little snot. (see- now you've made me hate him... oh wait... I already did. Oh well)

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    hey people check out my story at:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7868116&start=7868130

And here's my other story:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7869359&replies=0

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    yes- kick the arrogant little rat out of the temple!!

13. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, what's going to happen to Bruck now? [face_devil]

14. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    :mad: i say leave Bruck out on the Dune Sea on Tatooine, with a Force collar on. :D [face_devil] 7

15. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Very nice portrayal of the developing bond between Master and padawan - and a soft-focus examination of the insecurities of a child raised in an abusive environment.

I think it's perfectly normal and very appropriate for the Master to care little about what happens to the little cretin, as opposed to trying to find the perfect path to walk in training his apprentice, neither too stern nor too indulgent. It's a dilemma every parent faces - and you've opened your exploration of the problem very nicely.

Good job. More soon?

CYN

16. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    very nice ewen

Loved how Qui had to put Obi to sleep to ease him into the bacta, and how Obi wanted out as soon as he woke up :) Our little Obi does hate bacta doesn't he?

Glad to see also that the bond is strengthening. With Obi's jaw wired shut it should come in handy.

As for Bruck. I wouldn't be surprised if the little weasel gets another chance. Hopefully next time (and i'm sure there will be a next time) one of his tricks will not get poor Obi almost killed.

Give him his chance and let him blow it--then ship him out to those poor souls at the Agri-Corps who will have to deal with him.

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    First,Thanx for reading.

Secondly do you guys really want me to do away with Bruck so soon?

I mean Obi is just now getting his Jedi powers back and Bruck does need taught a lesson.

If you really want me to send him packing so soon and become a farmer,I will.

But I think we could have so much more fun if he sticks around.

I will have a post up tomorrow.A really long post.

PEACE ewen

18. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Keep him around, ewen . We have to have someone to give Obi some trouble. [face_devil]

19. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Ahh... a new post soon :) As for getting rid of Bruck, nah... keep him around. Of course, it is really up to you... since you are the author... :)

I just hate Bruck because he is a snot towards Obi-Wan... but this may lead to angst... which usually leads to mush... ^_^

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It had taken three days after Jinn?s arrival back to the temple to schedule an audience with the council.

Jinn was not sure if the council had been that busy or had given he and Ramina both a chance to gather their thoughts on Chun?s behavior and eventual outcome of that behavior.

First was to be the inquiry into the Hutts? deaths, with the report given by both Ramina and Jinn. Then the council wanted to address Chun and Ramina?s problems.

Ramina had not gone to Qui-Gon to question him as to his thoughts on Chun?s behavior. Ramina was afraid of what those thoughts would be.

Obi-Wan had not been required to go to the ?hearing.? Bant had agreed to keep her friend company. Qui-Gon had noticed that Obi-Wan was getting bored and short tempered with his non-existent speech abilities and his choice of foods that could be taken through a straw.

****Back in front of the council ***

Master Windu was the first to speak after the detailed information was given about the mission on Alderaan. The council had been in total agreement of the tactics used by Master Ramina and Master Jinn.

?Now it seems we are faced again with Padawan Chun. It has become a habit with you apprentice to stand before us with an excuse of why you have brought harm to another. Is this day to be no exception of that? You are here because you have admitted that you taunted and goaded Padawan Kenobi in the confrontation with him. What you told us last time you were here before us evidently was not the total truth.?

Master Ramina felt he had to stop the accusations right at the beginning.

?Master Windu I mean no disrespect to you or the council, but my padawan and I have come before you to confess our transgressions. We seek council?s forgiveness and guideness. Bruck should not have to stand here and be ridiculed. This was done willingly by him also.?

Yoda seemed to have a very short fuse indeed. It was uncommon for the little master to show even the slightest emotions in the council chambers but today was to be an exception.

?Here today we are because YOUR padawan careens on the very edge of the Dark side the Jedi fight so valiantly against we do. If left up to me it was, your apprentice would be packing for a transport to Agricorps he would. Now silence from you please. Doubt you we do not Master Ramina. Our doubts are with Bruck Chun they are. Need only to here from him we shall.?

Ramina immediately nudged the back of his padawan to indicate that he should speak.

Bruck took the necessary two steps forward and with hidden gritted teeth and a seething attitude bowed to the masters on the council.

?My master has already told you I came on my own accord to seek council in my ways that are unbecoming to a Jedi. I ask for forgiveness. I have no desire to go to the Agricorps but if that is the council?s wish then I will abide by them.

Master Gallia who out of all the masters seemed to be the most fair found herself thinking thoughts she normally didn?t think.

\\Trying to weasel out of it again aren?t you?\\

Then she herself decided to question the padawan.

?Just how many chances should we give you apprentice Chun before we make you a farmer. I mean what it this now, your fifth trip before us in less than a year? It would seem you should have been able to gain some control of you anger by now.?

Master Ramina felt the need to defend Bruck once again.

?I have to take the blame for the child?s anger.?

Ramina could no longer stay silent.

?Take the blame you should not!!?

The loud noise of the Master Yoda?s gimer stick hitting the glistening waxed tiles of the council floor brought everyone to a startled attention.

?Guidance given the child it was. Accepted it he did not. Master Ramina, excellent master you are?.

?You don?t understand master I let my anger toward Knight Ra?lene flow over to Obi-Wan. In a sense my padawan thought he was protecting me.?

?Brain dead is your padawan? Unable to think and reason for himself he can not??

Yoda indeed was being

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Very interesting. I like your description of the pea soup power struggle. It fits every 11 year old I have ever dealt with.

22. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    The pea soup incident was funny - especially Obi thinking that was what the Council was referring to.

I'm surprised at Yoda's sneaky behavior. Hopefully he's following the Force's lead in this situation and not just trying to get rid of Bruck. And poor Obi - always has to put up with something.

23. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    The pea soup incident was funny, but I do have to say that I thought Qui-Gon was being a tad unreasonable.

The least he could do in reference to Obi's 'condition' is to offer him foods, nutritional or otherwise, that he knows his padawan likes.

I agree totally with him wanting to get Obi's respect back after the spanking incident, but I also think you need to pick your battles. Was pea soup really worth the conflict?

Okay, i'm reading too much into this now :) Good post as always ewen

Oh, and by the way. I didn't suggest that you ship little Bruck off to the Agri-Corps right away. You can make him suffer first :D

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Shanobi,Are you taking a class in psychology????{LOL}

Sometimes it's the little battles won that wins the all out war.

We also know at least in FF Qui can be very obstinate when it comes to any padawan other than his precious Xani. I hardly ever see Qui protrayed as a reasonable person.

Well that's my take on it and I tried to project that.I wanted to also get across that Obi was getting a little stubborn too.Maybe it rubs off!!! Sorry if you didn't like it.

I think we should have a little fun at Bruck's expense next post.

Anyone up for it?

I mean he has done his share to Obi-Wan.

PEACE ewen

25. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Pea soup... bleck! ;)

Marvelous, ewen! Very tense addition. And the struggle over the pea soup was hilarious.

Can't wait for more! :)

Edit: The idea of having a bit of fun at Bruck's expense is appealing... [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.