main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oakessteve - I hardly knew me

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Oakessteve, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Hello everybody! I'm Stephen, as you might of already guessed. And here I shall try to do that personal essay thingy whatsit, but essays have never been my strong point, so probably it'll be just lots of random and bizarre thoughts that pop into my head. Or poop into my head, as I almost typed. Anyway, I was born on Monday the 19th of April, in the year 1982. And what a wonderful year that was! Blade Runner and E.T came out at the cinema, Peter Davison was well into his time as the fifth person to have played Doctor Who, and Madness were doing such hits as Our House, and I Like Driving in My Car. Yes, rather embarrassingly, whenever anybody says a year, I immediately think of what films, televison programmes, or music was around at the time! I think Margeret Thatcher may have been the prime minster of England at the time, but don't hold that against me. Anyway, the story goes that I was born rather early in the morning on Monday, at around 9:00, making my father, my sister, and my brother all late for work and school. It was my father going to work, incase you were wondering. And one of the rather amusing story my brother always tells me is that he turned up late for school that day, and his teacher said in a very angry fashion, "Why on Earth are you so late? :mad: " (I added the emoticon for effect, you see), to which my brother replied, in a very sad and sorry voice, "Well, my Mum was having a baby!" and then for the rest of the day his class spend the time making a card for my mother, and drawing various pictures of what the baby might be like. I believe my brother drew a picture of me with the words, "This is my baby brother, he will not cry," rather foolishly confidently at the top.

Anyway, that's the start! I would go on, but unfortunately my brain has gone to sleep, so I hope you found that first bit fairly entertaining! And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. Except questions about maths homework. I can't help you with that. :(

2. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    That's a sweet story, Stephen.

I hope you have fun here!

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Hi Stephen. Ah yes, 1982 was a very good year. :D

Dang...I'm old. :( :p

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    *wasn't alive then*

still, I'm sure it was a good year :p

Nice start Steve! Don't forget to mention that you have a pretty accent ;) :p

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Don't be ashamed. Knowing many many movies is a good thing in my opinion. Music, also :)

6. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Thanks, Kat, Debo, and TheEmperorsHand ! :D And solojones, too. Didn't notice you there! [face_blush]

Oh, and as some of you already know, I am a huge fan of Steven Spielberg's films. I think he is one of the best directors of the western world, and it was when I first saw Jaws in about 1999 that made me want to study film at college. So my parents can blame it all on one film! I also love cats. I only have one cat at the moment, who's named Molly, and she's a tabby. Even though she was actually a present for my mother, I think it's fair to say she thinks she belongs to me (or more accurately, I belong to her!), as she's always hanging around me, which is quite sweet, actually! Oh, and I have a pretty accent too, apparently. :p

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, I love kitties too. :) I have two of them, one of whom I think Molly has already met. ;)

I think my favorite 1982 song was "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang. 80s music was so much better than the stuff I supposedly "grew up with." [face_plain]

Here's the alternative:

[image=http://www-vlsi.stanford.edu/~jsolomon/clan9/personnel_images/nilla_real.gif]

:p

Jae Angel

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Cats? *breaks into song* Meeeeeemory..

Oh wait, nevemind.

Steve, I LOVE SS as well! I am getting Catch me if you Can tomorrow on DVD :D And Jaws is one of my favourite films ever! I also want to go into film :) Awesome!

9. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hi Stephen! :)

Sounds like 1982 was a fantastic year! I wouldn't know. I made my debut a year later. :)

Good to see you. Can't wait to get to know you better.

10. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Kickass, another '82er! :D

Howdy, Stephen!

11. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Nice to meet you, Stephen. I've only talked to you a bit before (hehe, remember the possible mod burnout conversation from last year? ;)) and it's nice to be "locked" in here with you. Hopefully I'll get to know you better. :)

~ James

12. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Hey, Stephen! Nice to meet ya! :)

13. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Hello, Leonard_Shelby, RidingMyCaroselOnYou, Jedi Greg Maddux, NarundiJedi, and JediPrincessKas. Nice to meet you all!

Oh, and Jaws is an absolutely wonderful film, solojones! I saw it again recently, and I think it's definitely one of my favourite Steven Spielberg films, but also one of my favourite films generally.

Anyway, I've forgotten what else I can tell you about me! Erm....

14. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    hehehe....poop.

Hey Steve, that was quite the amusing anecdote about your true birthday. I don't remember much about being born, except the doctor slapping my bottom while holding me by the ankles. Except that didn't happen on my birthday, and that wasn't a doctor.

15. Oakessteve

May 9, 1999
    Yes, well, I have to get my money somehow, B'omarr. [face_blush]

Anyway, it's probably a bit too late to add more to this thread, but here we go anyway!

I'm currently on a gap year at the moment, as last year, I finished my AVCE college course, and since then, I have been deciding what to do next. If I can organise myself, and get the money together, I might go off with Zoe, as she plans to do a bit of travelling before she goes to university, and it would certainly beat being somewhere other than Bournemouth for once! Also I hope to gain more working experience in the media industry, as I've had odd jobs working on music videos, so it would be wonderful to get more jobs like that. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.